Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass: What's Going on With Timespinner?

• FOKENWOLFENFOKENWOLFEN348,593
    Posted on 13 July 19 at 01:02
    never had a problem getting it since day one. weird.
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,581,495
    Posted on 13 July 19 at 06:27, Edited on 13 July 19 at 06:28 by EarthboundX
    Cemetery Girls said:
    EarthboundX said:
    The Allslayer said:
    EarthboundX said:
    Wow that looks just like Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, got my attention.

I have Game Pass Ultimate, so how do I get it on my Xbox? Its only giving me the option to install it on PC, and the PC version doesn't have achievements.

Oh wait, when you say store, you mean on the Xbox One itself, got it. Looks like I may wanna wait a bit though, as there's not a ton of ach guides yet.
    Well it's a play anywhere title so the achievement list is for both Xbox and PC.
    Yeah, but could have sworn TA had an article where the said the PC version didn't have achievements, and to play the Xbox One version if you wanted those. That could have been before it was added to Gamepass though I guess.
    Maybe you're thinking of Torment: Tides of Numenera
    Ah found it.

Xbox Game Pass List: New Games for Console and PC in July

Looks like they updated the article since I first read it though, and crossed out that it didn't have achs for the PC version.

"Timespinner sadly doesn't have achievements on PC, so you might prefer to pick up the Xbox One version."

Oh, that's what I read, that's still there.
  • GerbasgamerGerbasgamer1,759,329
    Posted on 13 July 19 at 08:33
    Looking good. Downloading.
  • KillipoKillipo342,921
    Posted on 13 July 19 at 11:33
    When I saw it listed as added to gamepass but didn’t see it on Xbox gamepass, I just assumed that it wasn’t released on Xbox.

I’m excited to play this. Looks like Castlevania with Chrono Trigger vibes
  • DelMaulerDelMauler469,439
    Posted on 13 July 19 at 14:12
    Just downloaded on my Xbox....
  • Chunkeh MunkehChunkeh Munkeh2,946,135
    Posted on 13 July 19 at 19:12
    Dunno how I missed this. I'm usually on top of new gamepass releases. TY for the info.
  • MathGuy42MathGuy42642,208
    Posted on 13 July 19 at 22:07
    EarthboundX said:
    Ah found it.

Xbox Game Pass List: New Games for Console and PC in July

Looks like they updated the article since I first read it though, and crossed out that it didn't have achs for the PC version.

"Timespinner sadly doesn't have achievements on PC, so you might prefer to pick up the Xbox One version."

Oh, that's what I read, that's still there.
    I tested the game on PC with an alt tag. It does unlock achievements. I guess the author forgot to cross out the second mention of no achievements.
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,581,495
    Posted on 14 July 19 at 10:04
    Yeah, seems so.
  • inasneinasne107,143
    Posted on 15 July 19 at 13:35
    Played a few hours on Xbox but seems like Achievements are buggy, no unlocks yes even though i just used alchemy to create new equipment
  • KillipoKillipo342,921
    Posted on 16 July 19 at 17:18
    Haven't had any achievement problems, myself, but I'm enjoying the game. Definitely worth a shot if you liked Castlevania: SotN. You also get weapon loadouts that you can swap between on the fly, so it's similar to a couple other Castlevania games I played.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.