The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

The Best and the Quickest Games in This Week's Xbox Sales

AuthorMessage
kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 12 July 19 at 16:18
Whether you want easy gamerscore or a cracking indie, it's a pretty good week

Please click here to read the story: The Best and the Quickest Games in This Week's Xbox Sales
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 12 July 19 at 16:32
I thought 6180 the moon was quite fun.
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
Brad Pitt
Brad Pitt
Posted on 12 July 19 at 17:07, Edited on 12 July 19 at 17:08 by Brad Pitt
I liked the list before the more in depth descriptions.
kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 12 July 19 at 17:15
Brad Pitt#1331 said:
Quick:

Good:
Beanpotter
Beanpotter
Posted on 12 July 19 at 17:16
I really like this new format, Sam, thanks for putting it together.

I bought Sigi but am waiting for Shovel Knight & A Hat to come down a bit more before making a purchase.
Play nice!
NBA Kirkland
NBA Kirkland
Posted on 12 July 19 at 17:16
I see 445 (not 200) with this ach, including wave
Shovel KnightHurry Up!The Hurry Up! achievement in Shovel Knight worth 791 pointsFinish the game within 1 hour and 30 minutes.
@NBAKirkland
Diesskay
Diesskay
Posted on 12 July 19 at 17:17
Note that if you suffer from motion sickness, then Refunct is not for you.
ManicMetalhead
Posted on 12 July 19 at 17:33, Edited on 12 July 19 at 17:36 by ManicMetalhead
I like the new format too!
Spencer is absolutely shocking.

Recently finished Hue and I quite enjoyed that, fun concept. Refunct was quite fun though, but quite short. There was a spiritual successor recently that was quite fun too.
I’m already a big fan of Guacamelee 2 though and heartily recommend it to everyone.
Snakes (https://www.instagram.com/medway_menagerie) & Bakes (https://www.instagram.com/bananabeanbakery)
Lavindathar
Lavindathar
Posted on 12 July 19 at 17:58
Brad Pitt#1331 said:
And just to balance it out, I much prefer this new format.
Sky360
Sky360
Posted on 12 July 19 at 18:12
Brad Pitt#1331 said:
+1
Schinderdiv
Schinderdiv
Posted on 12 July 19 at 18:50
The "Worth Playing" segment is missing Super Cloudbuilt, which is the best platformer available on Xbox one, while also being the most frustration-free yet incredibly challenging and breathtakingly beautiful one. People seriously SERIOUSLY need to stop sleeping on that game.
If you have to ask, you're streets behind.
Cemetery Girls
Posted on 12 July 19 at 18:53
I'm currently eyeing Amazing Princess Sarah and Ginger. Both look like enjoyable, straight-forward completions.

Also Poi and Omega Strike are great games that should be honorable mentions. Outside of Poi's NG+ achievement (Which is tricky but douable) they're relaxing and easy completions.

Hue was cool at first but wore off its welcome halfway through, like most puzzlers imo.
zoidberg1339
zoidberg1339
Posted on 12 July 19 at 18:57
Refunct is a lot of fun and worth the $1.50 for sure
I just wanted to play video games.
xxxxPRODIGYxxxx
Posted on 12 July 19 at 19:08, Edited on 12 July 19 at 19:09 by xxxxPRODIGYxxxx
Lavindathar said:
Brad Pitt#1331 said:
And just to balance it out, I much prefer this new format.
I agree. I liked just clicking the link, seeing the list, then moving on.

*edit* I responded to the wrong comment thread. lol.
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 12 July 19 at 19:09
Cemetery Girls said:
I'm currently eyeing Amazing Princess Sarah and Ginger. Both look like enjoyable, straight-forward completions.

Also Poi and Omega Strike are great games that should be honorable mentions. Outside of Poi's NG+ achievement (Which is tricky but douable) they're relaxing and easy completions.

Hue was cool at first but wore off its welcome halfway through, like most puzzlers imo.
I was curious about omega strike, pretty fun completion?
Matthew
Jewl13
Jewl13
Posted on 12 July 19 at 19:11
Cemetery Girls said:
Ginger is a good game. Some levels did give me motion sickness, and I don't normally experience motion sickness. I just had to play it in smaller chunks but it was worth playing.
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 12 July 19 at 19:15
Schinderdiv said:
The "Worth Playing" segment is missing Super Cloudbuilt, which is the best platformer available on Xbox one, while also being the most frustration-free yet incredibly challenging and breathtakingly beautiful one. People seriously SERIOUSLY need to stop sleeping on that game.
Ok. What?! Holy.shit! That looks fkn amazing! How have i never heard of this and why is no one talking about it. Wheres the catch? Its got good reviews. I noticed the ratio is crazy high. You say its frustration free, implying its not dificult. So whats the deal here? I sincerely want to know, because that borderlands esque trailer made it look fkn fantastic! Would absolutely love and appreciate some feedback as im definitely eyeing this now!toast
Matthew
Schinderdiv
Schinderdiv
Posted on 12 July 19 at 19:43
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
Schinderdiv said:
Ok. What?! Holy.shit! That looks fkn amazing! How have i never heard of this and why is no one talking about it. Wheres the catch? Its got good reviews. I noticed the ratio is crazy high. You say its frustration free, implying its not dificult. So whats the deal here? I sincerely want to know, because that borderlands esque trailer made it look fkn fantastic! Would absolutely love and appreciate some feedback as im definitely eyeing this now!toast
Oh no, it's difficult as hell, but it's not frustrating like most difficult games are to me. I found it interestingly relaxing. This game gave me the biggest sense of accomplishment when completing a difficult level, that no other game has since I completed the harder challenges on TimeSplitters: Future Perfect, or getting everything completed 100% on Perfect Dark (N64). Granted those are just my personal milestones and some may not find them all that impressive, but the point is they are impressive to me and until SC no game has made me feel that good for completing a difficult challenge.

The only reason I don't have more achievements is I've simply got too much to play and will definitely return to SC when I feel the time is right, but I finished all the story missions including the (I believe) 5 additional super hard levels, "fog core levels" I believe they are called.

It's a fast paced game too, it certainly put my reflexes to the test. To help, you get "assists" to use, I can't recall exactly what they are called but they're powerups, to give you things like extra checkpoints or slow motion which both help extraordinarily, especially in those 5 extra levels. There are other interesting mechanics to master in the game as well, like using the explosion from your guns ammo to help boost you extreme distances. It's unnecessary to get through levels but imperative if you want to be competetive on the time trials.
If you have to ask, you're streets behind.
NateDawgSn1per
Posted on 12 July 19 at 19:46
Video for you guys covering a bunch of these and the easiest completions in the sale: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYZVGeaabOk&list=PLE_bHX...

Gameplay, guide, price, etc.
NateDawgSn1per
Figbender
Figbender
Posted on 12 July 19 at 20:56
zoidberg1339 said:
Refunct is a lot of fun and worth the $1.50 for sure
Agreed, I actually ended up enoying it quite a bit
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.