Editorials and Features Forum

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Poll: Ubisoft Plans to Stamp Out XP Farming in AC Odyssey's Story Creator Mode

AuthorMessage
kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 12 July 19 at 16:50
No more fake story quests aiming to maximise XP gain

Please click here to read the story: Poll: Ubisoft Plans to Stamp Out XP Farming in AC Odyssey's Story Creator Mode
Poll: Are XP farming exploits a bad thing in single-player RPGs? Should they be removed?
  • 10.1% - Yes!
  • 64.9% - No!
  • 25.0% - Depends!

• We had 2,699 responses to the poll.
    You must log in to vote on this poll
    Darkheart728
    Darkheart728
    Posted on 12 July 19 at 16:51, Edited on 12 July 19 at 16:53 by Darkheart728
    No. I couldn't care if people modded their single player games. It's single player lol It's the person playing solo experience
    Zwaveldioxide
    Zwaveldioxide
    Posted on 12 July 19 at 16:53, Edited on 12 July 19 at 16:55 by Zwaveldioxide
    If it's singleplayer I don't see the problem. It ain't like you're bothering anyone.
    J4CKA1
    J4CKA1
    Posted on 12 July 19 at 16:55
    If Ubi already has their money, why does it matter? lol
    TrueAssassin86x
    Posted on 12 July 19 at 16:55
    Yes!
    Xbox1,Switch,Ps4 Gamer.
    Za Pantsupati
    Za Pantsupati
    Posted on 12 July 19 at 16:56
    So it just sounds like they will be trying to hide these stories, and not actually removing them? I had been waiting to get the game once all the DLC achievements were available and I honestly didn't realize there was no level boost like in Origins, but with them selling xp boosts I guess I know why.

If the stories are still available, I'll grab a copy this weekend and get my character up to god status.
    Wiznyatt
    Wiznyatt
    Posted on 12 July 19 at 16:58
    Can someone explain this to me? Are these worlds still available for download or can I make my own for easy XP that isn't available online? Could I just play the disc version that isn't updated or does this game require a connection to the Ubisoft servers?
    Shinnizle
    Shinnizle
    Posted on 12 July 19 at 17:01
    Developer/Publisher overreach is real... just let people play the game how they want god dammit.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
    reforc3
    reforc3
    Posted on 12 July 19 at 17:05
    the real reason to ban them is because the microtransaction for EXP and Gold boost.

with those farming methods their monetization becomes 0 and shareholders want their money somehow.

So yeah this move is about money, not about quality content as the game increase levels as you do, so there's no advantage to not doing it (beside unlocking perks earlier)
    @ReForce
    Murder Toad
    Murder Toad
    Posted on 12 July 19 at 17:19
    I managed to complete the game, the Tales and the DLC without the paid boosts, so the cry on the XP farming to me is nonsense. I've used the blacksmith for next to nothing aside from a couple of enhancements on the higher end weapons and armor and again, the dracmae farming cry is nonsense. I dont see why UBI gives a toss about a single player game being played how the consumer wants it and it really isnt that difficult to complete regardless.
    Itzz Sh0wt1m3
    Itzz Sh0wt1m3
    Posted on 12 July 19 at 17:19
    Wiznyatt said:
    Can someone explain this to me? Are these worlds still available for download or can I make my own for easy XP that isn't available online? Could I just play the disc version that isn't updated or does this game require a connection to the Ubisoft servers?
    I'd like to know this as well
    KawiNinjaRider7
    Posted on 12 July 19 at 17:23
    In single player games whatever a person decides to do with their character modding/exploitation wise has zero effect on me or my gaming experience so I don't see what the problem is! Now if something like this were to be happening in a multiplayer game, then that would definitely cause some issues
    zoidberg1339
    zoidberg1339
    Posted on 12 July 19 at 17:27
    They just want to sell microtransactions, they don’t care about how the game actually plays
    I just wanted to play video games.
    MC PHILABUSTA
    MC PHILABUSTA
    Posted on 12 July 19 at 17:30
    Ummmm don't make it overly grindy....problem solved !
    Za Pantsupati
    Za Pantsupati
    Posted on 12 July 19 at 17:35, Edited on 12 July 19 at 17:37 by Za Pantsupati
    Itzz Sh0wt1m3 said:
    Wiznyatt said:
    I'd like to know this as well
    Can't answer the first part as I don't have the game yet (would love that answer myself), but you need an Ubisoft account and you need to add the stories to your game from the website. This post on the forum explains how:
    Story Creator Mode - XP and Drachmae Farm Exploit
    OMG IT5 EJ
    OMG IT5 EJ
    Posted on 12 July 19 at 17:36
    Hope I can still take advantage of this
    Lambent Lail
    Lambent Lail
    Posted on 12 July 19 at 17:50
    I voted no, but this is my take: If a developer has code in a game that lets you do something quick or crazy, then it should be allowed.

On the flip side, if Ubisoft changes the code of the game and removes the ability to do that, I am also in favor of that because, again, it is in the new code of the current version of the game.

And yes, this goes for "exploits" as well. You coded your game badly enough that I can walk through walls? Oh well then... if you don't want me doing it, then fix it. Until then, it should be considered fair game.

But the SECOND that gamers start to manipulate the game on their end, that's when it ain't cool, such as game editing software, etc.
    Resident Evil junkie
    wolfzero01
    wolfzero01
    Posted on 12 July 19 at 17:50
    if its a single player game, it shouldn't matter to anyone if somebody wants an easy way to grind xp or use an cheat as it only affects that person and no one else.
    De4thCrunch
    De4thCrunch
    Posted on 12 July 19 at 17:58
    Considering, even on the easiest setting, all the enemies rubber-band their level around your current level (ala Oblivion). So I honestly don't see why they're crying?
    It's not like you can buy combat perks, DLC perks, or any of the other thing that make the combat less dull.
    I am the Bird of Hermes. I devoured my own wings and that... is how I was tamed.
    Deschain019
    Deschain019
    Posted on 12 July 19 at 18:10
    Do we know when the terms of use change? Haven’t started the game yet but feel like I should use this out of principal
    Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.