Pro Account Holders Forum

Forum for Pro Account holders to give feedback on early access features.

Trophy Case suggestion

AuthorMessage
Vindibudd
Vindibudd
Posted on 15 July 19 at 14:37
Hey all, I am sorry if someone has already mentioned this but I was looking at the Trophy Case and I had an idea that I think would really enhance it.

Since it's a trophy case, it would be cool to be able to add a note to each achievement so that it would reflect why the particular achievement was special to the gamer and why they decided to include it here. I think this would give a lot more context and great insight. Seeing an achievement by itself is great but explaining something about it like it was the 1000th achievement or this was the hardest one I've ever achieved kind of thing would be great. I added a blog post to my blog which gives a tour of my Trophy Case that this feature could kind of be like. This would be good for the True Trophies sister site as well. Thanks!
Awoo
Awoo
Posted on 15 July 19 at 15:43
While it's a nice idea, I'm not sure how it would be implemented. Would the comment appear on mouse hovering over the trophy case item, and if so, would it replace the usual blurb that appears when doing that? Could get a bit weird I think.
What can change the nature of a man?
Vindibudd
Vindibudd
Posted on 15 July 19 at 18:49
Or there could just be a blog-like field at the top of the page that explains it. Just an idea.
Johnny Sinister
Posted on 16 July 19 at 08:49
It is an interesting idea, but I can generally get the gist of why people put items there. Seems to be tough achievements, tough completions, series completions, etc.

I used mine to make a message, which I have seen done a few times.

Basically, I think 90% or more of trophy cases are self explanatory. Not sure if the feature would be warranted.
Ahayzo
Ahayzo
Posted on 16 July 19 at 16:02
I like the idea, but I think for me it falls under “good idea that probably just isn’t worth the dev time”. Not that it would take a lot, but I just don’t see it actually get used by very many people.
#mentallypudding The artist formerly known as alklein92201
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.