Talk about TrueAchievements Forum

General chat about all things TA

Give us a tour of your trophy case

AuthorMessage
Vindibudd
8,245
Vindibudd
Posted on 15 July 19 at 17:26
I posted on my blog a short tour of my trophy case to talk about why certain achievements are there and why they matter to me. You can read it here:

Vindibudd's Blog

A brief excerpt:

"Game: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
Achievement: My First Win
Description: Win Blackout
This was the hardest achievement for me by far on Xbox One. I played something like 340 rounds before I finally won a Blackout round and this one happened on Quads. I doubt seriously that I will ever finish BO4 but at least I won a round of Blackout."

Anyone want to share a tour of their trophy case here?
JamP0und32
784,708
JamP0und32
Posted on 15 July 19 at 19:01
Mines just all 10,000 kill achievements that I have so far. I'm weird and like trying to get all of them. laugh
Vindibudd
8,245
Vindibudd
Posted on 15 July 19 at 19:25, Edited on 15 July 19 at 19:34 by Vindibudd
JamP0und32 said:
Mines just all 10,000 kill achievements that I have so far. I'm weird and like trying to get all of them. laugh
rock

Legit savagely jealous of this: Battlefield: Bad Company: Beans Bullets Bandages
halohogg
91,631
halohogg
Posted on 16 July 19 at 17:33
JamP0und32 said:
Mines just all 10,000 kill achievements that I have so far. I'm weird and like trying to get all of them. laugh
How could you possibly play Undertow for that long?
Shinnizle
749,491
Shinnizle
Posted on 16 July 19 at 18:45
Mine is mostly stuff I'm proud of (regardless of if they're generally considered hard or not), but some stuff in there is also just there to remind me of good times with friends (therefore mostly the co-op stuff), like:
Guitar Hero: Smash HitsSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Guitar Hero: Smash Hits worth 138 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Halo 3Vidmaster Challenge: AnnualThe Vidmaster Challenge: Annual achievement in Halo 3 worth 0 pointsAfter 9/25/08, complete Halo on 4-player Legendary LIVE co-op, with Iron, and everyone in Ghosts.

Insanely Twisted Shadow PlanetMaster HunterThe Master Hunter achievement in Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet worth 62 pointsDefeat four bosses during one match in Shadow Hunters.


And some have funny stories tied to them, like:
N+Complete all 50 EpisodesThe Complete all 50 Episodes achievement in N+ worth 94 pointsComplete all 50 Single Player episodes.

Which is a relatively hard achievement, but it's mostly in my Trophy Case for a very particular reason. That's the game I was playing (and trying to complete) to keep awake while waiting for the 2017 Australian Open final to start (it started in the middle of the night for me). Being a huge Federer fan, I just couldn't miss it.
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
Vindibudd
8,245
Vindibudd
Posted on 16 July 19 at 19:02
halohogg said:
JamP0und32 said:
Mines just all 10,000 kill achievements that I have so far. I'm weird and like trying to get all of them. laugh
How could you possibly play Undertow for that long?
LOL
Vindibudd
8,245
Vindibudd
Posted on 16 July 19 at 19:03
Shinnizle said:
Mine is mostly stuff I'm proud of (regardless of if they're generally considered hard or not), but some stuff in there is also just there to remind me of good times with friends (therefore mostly the co-op stuff), like:
Guitar Hero: Smash HitsSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Guitar Hero: Smash Hits worth 138 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Halo 3Vidmaster Challenge: AnnualThe Vidmaster Challenge: Annual achievement in Halo 3 worth 0 pointsAfter 9/25/08, complete Halo on 4-player Legendary LIVE co-op, with Iron, and everyone in Ghosts.

Insanely Twisted Shadow PlanetMaster HunterThe Master Hunter achievement in Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet worth 62 pointsDefeat four bosses during one match in Shadow Hunters.


And some have funny stories tied to them, like:
N+Complete all 50 EpisodesThe Complete all 50 Episodes achievement in N+ worth 94 pointsComplete all 50 Single Player episodes.

Which is a relatively hard achievement, but it's mostly in my Trophy Case for a very particular reason. That's the game I was playing (and trying to complete) to keep awake while waiting for the 2017 Australian Open final to start (it started in the middle of the night for me). Being a huge Federer fan, I just couldn't miss it.
Awesome! Thanks for sharing!
o Heres Jonny o
Posted on 20 July 19 at 11:36
These are all cool, I filled mine with skulls, just because I like skulls.
Happy Gaming
halohogg
91,631
halohogg
Posted on 22 July 19 at 13:09
o Heres Jonny o said:
These are all cool, I filled mine with skulls, just because I like skulls.
That's a pretty cool theme. Well done.
Vindibudd
8,245
Vindibudd
Posted on 22 July 19 at 14:24
o Heres Jonny o said:
These are all cool, I filled mine with skulls, just because I like skulls.
That's a great idea!
o Heres Jonny o
Posted on 22 July 19 at 15:38
^Thank you both! Started off wondering how far I could get with it. Turns out there are a lot of skulls to use.
Happy Gaming
zeldafanjtl
149,005
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 22 July 19 at 20:45
I'm the kind of person that cares about completions a lot more than individual achievements.

zeldafanjtl's achievements in Grand Theft Auto IV is my proudest completion. Aside from being a lot of work, GTA IV is by far my favorite game of all time so it felt great to 100% it. Maybe someday I'll redo it on the GFWL version.

zeldafanjtl's achievements in James Bond 007: Blood Stone is the most effort/time I've put into a completion. Those multiplayer achievements are brutal and I'm glad to be done.
o Heres Jonny o
Posted on 22 July 19 at 21:20
zeldafanjtl said:
I'm the kind of person that cares about completions a lot more than individual achievements.

zeldafanjtl's achievements in Grand Theft Auto IV is my proudest completion. Aside from being a lot of work, GTA IV is by far my favorite game of all time so it felt great to 100% it. Maybe someday I'll redo it on the GFWL version.

zeldafanjtl's achievements in James Bond 007: Blood Stone is the most effort/time I've put into a completion. Those multiplayer achievements are brutal and I'm glad to be done.
Hats off to you for doing those medals, that must have taken ages. Nice one.
Happy Gaming
Lt Davo
173,523
Lt Davo
Posted on 23 July 19 at 04:18, Edited on 23 July 19 at 04:22 by Lt Davo
Mine are all game completions. Since the system only allows 70 trophies, I tend to keep in the games that I enjoyed or consider myself a fan of, like the Hitman series, the Arkham series, Alan Wake, and XCom; games that had some tough completions, like Lode Runner, 1 vs 100, Dead or Alive Xtreme 2, and Catherine; or iconic games such as GTAIV, Bioshock, and Fallout 3. I also include all of my new completions for at least a little while. Games that I completed a long time ago and that aren't special to me for any particular reason get culled out.
13 years of 100% completion ruined by The Last Door - Complete Edition
Vindibudd
8,245
Vindibudd
Posted on 24 July 19 at 19:58
zeldafanjtl said:
I'm the kind of person that cares about completions a lot more than individual achievements.

zeldafanjtl's achievements in Grand Theft Auto IV is my proudest completion. Aside from being a lot of work, GTA IV is by far my favorite game of all time so it felt great to 100% it. Maybe someday I'll redo it on the GFWL version.

zeldafanjtl's achievements in James Bond 007: Blood Stone is the most effort/time I've put into a completion. Those multiplayer achievements are brutal and I'm glad to be done.
Thanks for the post! I'm jealous of GTA IV!
zeldafanjtl
149,005
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 24 July 19 at 20:58
GTA IV is easier to do today than when I did it. We knew the Bomb da Base sniper glitch existed, but only a clan called the Gambinos knew how to do it, and you had to pay them in Microsoft Points to get access.

Thankfully a few years after I finished it, someone else independently discovered the glitch and shared it on YouTube for free.
Lt Davo
173,523
Lt Davo
Posted on 26 July 19 at 17:11, Edited on 26 July 19 at 17:12 by Lt Davo
zeldafanjtl said:
GTA IV is easier to do today than when I did it. We knew the Bomb da Base sniper glitch existed, but only a clan called the Gambinos knew how to do it, and you had to pay them in Microsoft Points to get access.

Thankfully a few years after I finished it, someone else independently discovered the glitch and shared it on YouTube for free.
You and I completed GTA IV at approximately the same time in 2010. I learned the Bomb da Base sniper glitch from another player ingame and taught it to someone else. I didn't pay any Microsoft Points to any Gambinos or anyone else.
I complete games.
zeldafanjtl
149,005
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 26 July 19 at 17:30
That's great! Wish I had known you back then. But the glitch was definitely not common knowledge at that point. It looks like the first YouTube tutorial for the glitch was published in September 2010, several months after each of us popped the achievement. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osJJwUkaw80
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.