Bug Reports - Archive Forum

Archive of Bug Reports

Total Gamerscore not syncing on Xbox Live

Not a bug
AuthorMessage
AcE ViCTiMiZER
Posted on 16 July 19 at 19:37, Edited on 16 July 19 at 19:39 by AcE ViCTiMiZER
Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble getting my total gamerscore to sync. This is an issue/bug regarding Xbox Live, not TA, but I didn't know where else to put this thread.

The situation is as follows:
- I unlocked 2 achievements in Borderlands 2. Both achievements synced correctly on Xbox Live and TA. These are 'Phased and Confused' and 'Unseen Predator', worth 20 GS each. Both achievements show up as unlocked on both Xbox Live and TA.
- The gamerscore value of these achievements however, did NOT sync with my total GS. If you add up all my unlocked achievements in Borderlands 2, the result would be 830 GS. This is the number displayed (on XBL and TA), so that is correct. If you add up all my gamerscore from all my games, it should add up to 97,770 GS. However, it displays 97,750 GS, so I'm missing 20 GS from one of these achievements.

The weird thing is that both achievements are in fact synced on Xbox Live and TA. I've had achievements not sync before, but in those cases my gamerscore and number of unlocked achievements for said game would also be lower, not exclusively the number of total gamerscore of my account.

What I've already tried:
- Removing profile, restarting console, redownloading profile
- Soft/hard console reset
- Redoing the requirements for said achievements
- Using Google / Browsing TA forums for answers

If anyone has any other suggestions, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
planting42
planting42
Posted on 16 July 19 at 20:52
I have this issue commonly. The 2 ways I get my GS to sync are as follows (not sure if all os required, but its what I do...)

1) The easiest for me is to dashboard. At dash, I open the active downloads and wait until 'syncing save games' goes away. If I hit the guide button and my GS appears correct (and not as 0 as it will commonly when not syncing right) I'll scan on TA to see if things went through. This is the most common way I get my achievements to sync. It happens on my alt consoles very frequently (my PAL and JP) but not on my main 360. Odd.

2) The other method that works pretty well but is much more frustrating for those with large gamertags is to hit the guide button, navigate through your achievements (which takes me like 10 min to load) and opening the game you have issues syncing. I let it sit there for a bit, and sometimes open a few games around it. Not sure if its needed or what really helps but it seems to get the achievements to sync.
AcE ViCTiMiZER
Posted on 17 July 19 at 00:43
@planting42: Thanks for your reply. However, am I correct in assuming your solution is only suitable for 360 games? I should probably have clarified in the OP that I’m playing the remastered version of Borderlands 2 on the XB1.
Information Posted on 19 July 19 at 22:09
This post was archived by omgeezus
planting42
planting42
Posted on 20 July 19 at 00:59
AcE ViCTiMiZER said:
@planting42: Thanks for your reply. However, am I correct in assuming your solution is only suitable for 360 games? I should probably have clarified in the OP that I’m playing the remastered version of Borderlands 2 on the XB1.
Um, well. Yup, I'm totally thinking 360.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.