Xbox One Forum

Forum for Xbox One related discussions

Question about Game updates and downloads management

AuthorMessage
Johnny Sinister
Posted on 16 July 19 at 20:08
So a bit of backstory, I have a backlog of games downloaded that cannot be completed due to glitched or unobtainable achievements. For many of these games, I have heard from the devs saying that a fix *may* be in the works.

Used to be, there was a very convenient bit of information for any given game (Under 'manage game & add-ons') that stated 'Last updated'. This was found under the current version number.
I loved this feature because I could quickly check through all my glitched games and see if there was a recent update.
Since I have my updates set to automatic (Settings->Updates & downloads -> Keep my games & apps up to date), this was a quick way to verify, as I often would not see any updates in the queue before they automatically downloaded.

Now that the feature is no longer there (disappeared with the latest system update), I want to be able to manually download any and all updates so I can verify them before they are downloaded.

My question is, if I unselect 'keep my games & apps up to date', will my system still recognize updates and require me to select and download them manually, or will I have to randomly launch a game to see if it has a new update available with this setting?

Otherwise, I will have to hope I see new updates before they auto-download or start memorizing version numbers for all my glitched games in order to determine when an update is released.

Any help would be appreciated.
Msross
Msross
Posted on 16 July 19 at 23:16
It will... usually at some point overnight will it check..

and if it checks a game & theres an update.. You can now no longer play that game/app until its updated.
xPut Name Herex
Posted on 16 July 19 at 23:29
"My Games and Apps" has an "Updates" list that will populate with any updates for installed games. You can manually trigger updates from there.
Johnny Sinister
Posted on 17 July 19 at 03:38
Thanks guys. That helps a lot. I appreciate it.
Johnny Sinister
Posted on 17 July 19 at 21:55
Just thought I would chime back in and express how much more I enjoy this setting.

I was logging off tonight and saw an update pending. It was for a game I was tracking as having glitches achievements. I was able to upload the update and quickly earn a previously unattainable achievement.

This saves me more time than having to manually check games for updates.
misterman08
misterman08
Posted on 08 August 19 at 19:27
does anyone know why the sudden increase in x360 games having updates? I logged into my x1 today and have 65 games with updates of which all but 3 are x360 games
xPut Name Herex
Posted on 08 August 19 at 21:14
Microsoft probably made an improvement to the Xbox 360 emulator that was applicable to most, if not all, of the backwards compatible games.
Johnny Sinister
Posted on 09 August 19 at 13:17
I noticed that too. All these BC updates, but then the one I was looking for (expecting) never showed up (Streets of Rogue patch).

I heard secondhand that it was available, and it only prompted the download when I tried booting up the game. It then informed me that the update was available. So I am guessing that not all updates are detected through the Xbox homepage?
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 09 August 19 at 15:14
I think it might just take a little while for the system to find the update at times. I'm pretty sure it would have updated the game, just at a later time.
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.