Xbox Help Forum

Got a problem with your Xbox? Post it in here, someone might be able to help you

How to download my games onto my windows PC?

AuthorMessage
BrazenCoronet17
Posted on 16 July 19 at 21:40
So, I own a psyhical copy of Sonic Mania Plus, and I play it on Xbox. However I want to download the game on Windows 10. Since they're connected, in theory, I should be able to download SMP on my PC. But I can't.

I haven't been able to find anything helpful to do this, so I'm asking here: How can I download a game I own on XOne to Windows?
Any help would be appreciated.
ThreeHaddock62
Posted on 16 July 19 at 22:03
Pretty sure you have to have a digital copy on XB1 to be able to download on your PC.
Hola
JumboWario
JumboWario
Posted on 16 July 19 at 22:45
1) Physical Xbox one games do not work on Windows PCs. Only Xbox one.
2) Sonic Mania does not have a Windows 10 version so you’ll have to buy the game on Steam or another PC storefront.

3) Xbox one and Windows 10 are only “connected” in the sense that you use the same account for both. A game has to be Xbox Play Anywhere (which only applies to digital games) to be able to play it on both X1 and W10. Some games are available on both but may require you to purchase them again.

So, basically, you can’t. You can STREAM, your Xbox one game to a windows 10 pc, but you’re still running the game on your Xbox. You’ll have to buy the game on steam or something.
Game On.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.