Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Konami Secures Exclusive Rights to Juventus for PES 2020

AuthorMessage
kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 17 July 19 at 10:16
No Juve for FIFA

Please click here to read the story: Konami Secures Exclusive Rights to Juventus for PES 2020
Luuc
Luuc
Posted on 17 July 19 at 10:19
At least Juve can't lose a game against Ajax this time hehe
Fa1con87
Fa1con87
Posted on 17 July 19 at 10:29
No more Ronaldo on the art then.
Yhannos
Yhannos
Posted on 17 July 19 at 10:56
Fa1con87 said:
They took Ronaldo off the cover of 19 anyway in January time because of the rape case. Think Neymar will be on the cover unless he goes back to Barcelona.
TrueAssassin86x
Posted on 17 July 19 at 11:02
I dont know much about soccer but i know Manchester United team but who in the heck is Juventus team
Xbox1,Switch,Ps4 Gamer.
Zeratul King
Zeratul King
Posted on 17 July 19 at 11:26
TrueAssassin86x said:
I dont know much about soccer but i know Manchester United team but who in the heck is Juventus team
Why did you just write here? :D
DenXD
DenXD
Posted on 17 July 19 at 11:31
Just in time for an awesome cover with De Ligt?

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 17 July 19 at 11:43
Fa1con87 said:
Wonder who will as Messi guess, will also not be on the cover (Barca's minor contract with PES). EA losing more rights slowly roll

Don't know if it is good or bad. FIFA has issues I know, but PES is also not the best game (server/maintenance is often very slow/bad) static gameplay.
Mixer: KlikoTV
Yummy Baklava
Yummy Baklava
Posted on 17 July 19 at 11:53
Good, let them fight! Too bad their profits are in Ultimate Team/myClub because whatever happens with exclusive teams, it won't hurt their bottom line.

Yhannos said:
They took Ronaldo off the cover of 19 anyway in January time because of the rape case. Think Neymar will be on the cover unless he goes back to Barcelona.
Neymar also has a rape allegation over his head.

EA should play it smart and put Megan Rapinoe as the main player and then some local player for EU/AU/NZ/US, etc.
kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 17 July 19 at 11:54
TrueAssassin86x said:
Major Italian football team. The Italian league has been popular across Europe for decades, particularly in the UK.

I'm not even into football and even I remember Football Italia on Channel 4 back in the 90s laugh
xPut Name Herex
Posted on 17 July 19 at 12:02
The Manchester United deal isn't exclusive like this, correct? Just a licensing deal?
RDS
RDS
Posted on 17 July 19 at 12:04
Luuc said:
They still can, seeing as PES does own licenses for the Dutch top league.
kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 17 July 19 at 12:07
xPut Name Herex said:
The Manchester United deal isn't exclusive like this, correct? Just a licensing deal?
Yeah that's just a licensing deal.
Luuc
Luuc
Posted on 17 July 19 at 12:08
RDS#5610 said:
Luuc said:
They still can, seeing as PES does own licenses for the Dutch top league.
In PES yup, in FIFA they won't be able to since Juventus will be replaced by 'Piemonte Calcio'
TrueAssassin86x
Posted on 17 July 19 at 12:12
kintaris said:
TrueAssassin86x said:
Major Italian football team. The Italian league has been popular across Europe for decades, particularly in the UK.

I'm not even into football and even I remember Football Italia on Channel 4 back in the 90s laugh
toast thanks for the information.
Xbox1,Switch,Ps4 Gamer.
aLackofGravitas
Posted on 17 July 19 at 12:13
TrueAssassin86x said:
http://letmegooglethat.com/?q=Who+are+juventus
Stinky Big Buds
Posted on 17 July 19 at 12:13, Edited on 17 July 19 at 12:24 by ManicMetalhead
Gone right off EA, I played BF5 the other day for the first time in a few months and I really enjoyed the 1 game I played until I realised there's elites that can only be bought with real money and not earnt in game, I promptly uninstalled and will not play again.

MOD EDIT: Removed unnecessary final comment.
Mandrilium
Mandrilium
Posted on 17 July 19 at 12:12
Yummy Baklava said:
EA should play it smart and put Megan Rapinoe as the main player and then some local player for EU/AU/NZ/US, etc.
This! toast
"We will always be so much more human than we wish to be"
MagmaticNevada8
Posted on 17 July 19 at 12:19, Edited on 17 July 19 at 14:13 by MagmaticNevada8
PES has a much better career mode than Fifa and players actually show anger when getting fouled unfairly...
But other than that not much else
Qwanimal
Qwanimal
Posted on 17 July 19 at 12:36, Edited on 17 July 19 at 12:37 by Qwanimal
For most of the last 20 years (barring a few dodgy instalments in the 360 era) PES gameplay has been better than FIFA - more fun, more satisfying, less scripted. But it had some major AI issues in PES2019, teammates frequently getting in your way when dribbling, lack of variety in opposition attacking moves and dodgy cursor selection when switching players especially at set pieces. And some online matches felt very scripted.

I'll want to see all these issues fixed before I commit to buying again this year.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.