Game Discussion: Metro Exodus Forum

New Game + (Iron Mode & Ranger Hardcore)

AuthorMessage
Swyer87
Swyer87
Posted on 17 July 19 at 12:52
Hi

Just wondering if anyone has done this and if they can advise how difficult it is.

I'm doing my first play through on easy mode where i plan to get all collectibles, all miscellaneous achievements and the good ending.

Was thinking about teaming up both Iron Mode and Ranger hardcore but wondering how much of a chore it will be and if its worth doing 3 play throughs, and doing iron mode on the easiest difficulty?

Any input would be appreciated.

Cheers
WeisGuy9
WeisGuy9
Posted on 17 July 19 at 16:15
Metro ExodusIron ModeThe Iron Mode achievement in Metro Exodus worth 396 pointsComplete the game in Iron Mode.

Metro ExodusHardcoreThe Hardcore achievement in Metro Exodus worth 330 pointsComplete the game in Ranger Hardcore mode.

All the info you need. Check the solutions for these achievements.
xQuesoo
xQuesoo
Posted on 17 July 19 at 19:08
To be quite blunt, you're gonna save a lot of time doing them separately. In Ranger Hardcore, you're gonna die in a couple of bullets so good luck trying to do that without dying for entire levels at a time. Even playing Iron Mode on easy I had to retry a couple of levels because of silly things like accidentally standing in fire for a second. Don't try and do both at once.
Poopdog M60Riot
Posted on 18 July 19 at 04:28, Edited on 18 July 19 at 04:30 by Poopdog M60Riot
So Easy Ironman good ending then NG+ on hardcore and mutators bad ending is the best idea?
Banana Big Boys
fireiz
fireiz
Posted on 18 July 19 at 05:14
u 2 play the game twice minimum, don't try to combine iron mode with hardcore..not only u risk the chance of dying of small damages and hence repeat the whole level, but also the game is has alot of crashes..u don't wanna waste hours of hours in trying to pass a mission and then the game crashes on u at the end of it to only forced to do it all over again
my advise, play hardcore ranger mode first..the game has amazing atmosphere
then play easy iron mode
if u were unlucky like me and u couldn't get a "Forest child" achievement on both runs u r gonna have to do a 75% 3rd run :D
but the game is worth the hassle..except from the crashes
good luck
Have no fear, Amjad is here
Swyer87
Swyer87
Posted on 18 July 19 at 12:22
Thanks for the replies
Poopdog M60Riot
Posted on 20 July 19 at 06:05, Edited on 20 July 19 at 06:05 by Poopdog M60Riot
Guess you can’t play iron mode until you beat it once. So ranger hardcore first it is.
Banana Big Boys
beets101
286,910 286,910 GamerScore
beets101
Posted on 02 August 19 at 22:40
I’ve just done the first real level and Winter. I’ve noticed I can restart checkpoint if I die or mess up is this still on iron mode or not. Don’t want to carry on if it isn’t? It’s already froze for me on this run.
beets101
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.