Game Discussion: Fishing Planet Forum

This game needs some tips for newer players

AuthorMessage
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 18 July 19 at 04:34
Yeah, what the title says. I've figured out some stuff based on YouTube videos that I'll share with the community when I get a chance to type some stuff up. I posted a couple of solutions with basic tips. Obviously mileage will vary, but having an idea how to set up basic rods and bait would be helpful for newer players. It's taken me a few days so far.

I'll post some basic stuff in a bit. Feel free to add comments below.

toast
Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 18 July 19 at 07:39
Here's a video I took at Lone Star. I can catch bass and pike pretty frequently. I'm using a FeatherLight 6'3" with a casting spoon. You can see my setup right at the end of the video. Very beginner players will need to level a little to that rod, but it's a basic spinner setup. The nice thing is that there's no bait needed.

This is a good place for farming some early money. Some forums are saying Emerald Lake is a better farming area, but I haven't tested there yet.

https://youtu.be/zYHOSneavpE
GoW Butters
GoW Butters
Posted on 18 July 19 at 13:31
Its only worth farming money in Emerald Lake once you can consistently catch Walleye. Nothing else there is really worth it.

I'm not at this point yet but I'll be sure to post my setup when I do!
I don't really know what I'm talking about.
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 18 July 19 at 17:24, Edited on 18 July 19 at 17:25 by Sashamorning
GoW Butters said:
Its only worth farming money in Emerald Lake once you can consistently catch Walleye. Nothing else there is really worth it.

I'm not at this point yet but I'll be sure to post my setup when I do!
I agree. Started walleye today. They might be worth 250-300 each, but you need 10 to cover the costs. That being said, I can consistently catch them now.

https://youtu.be/zR2NdvyEc1I

I found a decent guide that was pretty good, but can be improved on. They suggested using a Jester 7' casting rod, but you can do it with a 6'3". The one thing that he got right is that he bought a black barbless narrow spoon 1/4 Oz. #1/0. I get a bite almost every time. I think it cost 3 baitcoins (which I used from challenges), but seems to be worth it.

The location is off the right side of the Dock of Peace. Look right and cast away.

The one problem with the location seems to be that they're so close to the pier. The spoon should be on the floor. By the time my line gets to where they're biting (between 60 and 40 feet out), the spoon is about to start getting lifted to the surface just because of the angle to my rod. I've lost 2-3 bites because I saw the indicator right as the spoon started coming up.

Still, 10 walleye to break even is a bit annoying.
GoW Butters
GoW Butters
Posted on 25 July 19 at 11:19, Edited on 25 July 19 at 11:20 by GoW Butters
I found this forum post online. Definitely worth a read if you're starting up, or even if you've been playing for a bit already.

https://forum.fishingplanet.com/index.php?/topic/2588-tips-f...
I don't really know what I'm talking about.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.