Game Discussion: Strange Brigade Forum

Extreme Difficulty

AuthorMessage
Kbeau73
Kbeau73
Posted on 18 July 19 at 17:48
A friend and I have been playing Strange Brigade together and the last achievement we need is for knocking out the achievement for beating the game on Extreme. We're just attempting to see if anyone else is out there that might need this achievement and would like to group up. We mainly play on weekday nights after 9pm eastern.
Check out Casual Gaming Community at http://casualgaming.forumotion.com
Itzz Sh0wt1m3
Itzz Sh0wt1m3
Posted on 18 July 19 at 21:40
Already got the achievement, but be sure to check out my solution for an easier method wink
Itzz Sh0wt1m3 Strange Brigade Definition of courage Itzz Sh0wt1m3's solution for the Definition of courage Achievement in Strange BrigadeYou beat the hardest difficulty
RebornPasture
RebornPasture
Posted on 19 July 19 at 14:53
Loved this game, completed it a couple of weeks back with the missus. Boss fight on level 7 caused us SERIOUS issues though. It's relentless and we had to cheese it in the end. Only I went into the boss fight so I only had one bull spawn at a time. Weapons from the crate take them down very quickly and you don't need to worry about another bull interrupting you all the time. Once the third bull spawned in, missus joined in, easy to kill, mission completed. This was one of those fights where co-op makes it harder. Rest of the game was straightforward.

And something I didn't realise until halfway through the extreme playthrough, roll INTO a bull when they charge. They always miss and 90% of the time they stop and crouch down allowing you to lay into them.
Kbeau73
Kbeau73
Posted on 22 July 19 at 13:05
RebornPasture said:
Loved this game, completed it a couple of weeks back with the missus. Boss fight on level 7 caused us SERIOUS issues though. It's relentless and we had to cheese it in the end. Only I went into the boss fight so I only had one bull spawn at a time. Weapons from the crate take them down very quickly and you don't need to worry about another bull interrupting you all the time. Once the third bull spawned in, missus joined in, easy to kill, mission completed. This was one of those fights where co-op makes it harder. Rest of the game was straightforward.

And something I didn't realise until halfway through the extreme playthrough, roll INTO a bull when they charge. They always miss and 90% of the time they stop and crouch down allowing you to lay into them.
The rolling into the bull is some great help! I'm playing it with a friend and we got through mission 4 last night. I don't remember exactly what Mission 7 is just yet but I'm sure I'll find out soon. lol In your opinion was 7 the toughest?
Kbeau73
Kbeau73
Posted on 22 July 19 at 13:06
Itzz Sh0wt1m3 said:
Already got the achievement, but be sure to check out my solution for an easier method wink
Itzz Sh0wt1m3 Strange Brigade Definition of courage Itzz Sh0wt1m3's solution for the Definition of courage Achievement in Strange BrigadeYou beat the hardest difficulty
Yeah, I was using your solution and so far, so good. We're about to start the 5th mission so we'll see how things go the rest of the way. lol
Itzz Sh0wt1m3
Itzz Sh0wt1m3
Posted on 30 July 19 at 04:49
The rolling bull was indeed the hardest. I found it worked best with 4 players and keeping the bulls separated so that you can keep dodging their attacks easily.

Kbeau73 said:
Itzz Sh0wt1m3 said:
Yeah, I was using your solution and so far, so good. We're about to start the 5th mission so we'll see how things go the rest of the way. lol
Good to hear toast
Kbeau73
Kbeau73
Posted on 30 July 19 at 12:11
We finished it up the other night... Mission 7 was definitely the toughest. We really didn't have any issues other than that one. Mission 8 we died a couple of times but it wasn't as crazy as 7.

Thanks for your help!
Kongo Dragon
Kongo Dragon
Posted on 04 August 19 at 13:53
Anyone up for attempting the final checkpoint of cheaper 7? I've tried with one other person and randoms to no avail.
Kongo Dragon
Kongo Dragon
Posted on 04 August 19 at 16:49
For anyone struggling, the best method is to go it alone until the third bull spawns. Invite someone in and finish it off with relative ease. Managed it first attempt.
Or1g1nal S1nn3r
Posted on 13 August 19 at 21:30
I did it alone the whole way; I think the second wave is the hardest for some reason. The third wave, while it does have the grenadiers and whatnot, actually helped me because enemies can damage each other. I just dodge/rolled around the perimeter, avoiding the one bull (who was continually damaged by the guys throwing grenades) and only shooting him with the double-barrel when the crowd thinned. On the third wave, most of the enemies were cleared from the guy throwing grenades and I just kept kiting around them in a circle.

I think it took me about thirty tries, however. I tried it with randoms and suffice to say, most randoms have no idea how to properly play the game.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.