Game Discussion: Burnout Paradise Forum

Has the DLC been delisted?

AuthorMessage
Magic 11407
Magic 11407
Posted on 19 July 19 at 00:16
The game was delisted a while ago, but I was still able to buy the Big Surf Island DLC a couple of months ago. However, I tried to buy the Legendary Cars DLC today, and got a weird error message telling me to clear my cache.

Has the DLC for this game all been delisted, so it's no longer possible for me to buy any that I missed?
Yummy Baklava
Yummy Baklava
Posted on 19 July 19 at 00:35
Wow, looks like it has been delisted. Kinda glad I bought it two weeks ago and didn’t want any longer for a sale.

I tried switching the region on mobile from AU to GB, US and NZ. All of them returned the “oops”error page.

There’s still 13-14 days until the server is closed, so removing the DLC two weeks out seems a bit... weird.
Bastian Reader
Posted on 19 July 19 at 00:38, Edited on 19 July 19 at 00:39 by Bastian Reader
It seems that all the dlc is delisted except Big Surf Island
https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Burnout-Paradise-...
ajgoesUNLUCKY
ajgoesUNLUCKY
Posted on 19 July 19 at 02:26
Been delisted for me all of today
USA Central

It was up 2 days ago

Imma be fucking livid if it’s gone
1776 Worldwide
JonoTheLad
JonoTheLad
Posted on 19 July 19 at 09:57
Has the party dlc been delisted? That was the only dlc I needed!
Magic 11407
Magic 11407
Posted on 19 July 19 at 13:28
That's disappointing. It doesn't look like there are any download codes for sale anywhere, so we're probably entirely out of luck. 😔
halohogg
halohogg
Posted on 19 July 19 at 13:35
Is there something mentally wrong with these publishers? Or do they just not like money?
planting42
planting42
Posted on 19 July 19 at 14:14
I mean, the servers are going down. Its not too much of a stretch to see them shutting down sales of a pack that will be gimped shortly.
Korewahondes
Korewahondes
Posted on 19 July 19 at 14:33
JonoTheLad said:
Has the party dlc been delisted? That was the only dlc I needed!
If you need it, grab a physical copy of The Ultimate Box edition of this game. The Party Pack DLC is included on disc. toast
Transcending history, and the world, a tale of souls and swords, eternally retold.
Dunny#3852
Dunny
Posted on 19 July 19 at 14:58
Instead of delisting it, why didn't they just make it free angry They're not making any more money off it anyways
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 19 July 19 at 18:47
planting42 said:
I mean, the servers are going down. Its not too much of a stretch to see them shutting down sales of a pack that will be gimped shortly.
To be fair, just Cops & Robbers is online-only they could have kept the other two. Party Pack is offline only and Big Surf Island adds a huge chunk of the map, which is interesting even if you can't play online with other people.
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
lightsup55
lightsup55
Posted on 19 July 19 at 20:19
Shinnizle said:
planting42 said:
To be fair, just Cops & Robbers is online-only they could have kept the other two. Party Pack is offline only and Big Surf Island adds a huge chunk of the map, which is interesting even if you can't play online with other people.
Actually, People Person is the only online-only achievement in the Big Surf Island DLC.

Burnout ParadisePeople PersonThe People Person achievement in Burnout Paradise worth 65 pointsAwarded when you complete all 10 Island Freeburn Challenges. These can be completed by 2 - 8 players
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 20 July 19 at 02:17
lightsup55 said:
Actually, People Person is the only online-only achievement in the Big Surf Island DLC.

Burnout ParadisePeople PersonThe People Person achievement in Burnout Paradise worth 65 pointsAwarded when you complete all 10 Island Freeburn Challenges. These can be completed by 2 - 8 players
I never said otherwise...?
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
Yummy Baklava
Yummy Baklava
Posted on 20 July 19 at 02:44
Dunny#3852 said:
Instead of delisting it, why didn't they just make it free angry They're not making any more money off it anyways
It's Electronic Arts. Just like Activision, they sell 10+-year-old games on XBL/PSN near the RRP, sale prices are still more expensive than finding and buying a used disc. Sometimes a brand new, sealed copy can be found much cheaper than a "sale" online.

Also, you had 10 years to buy the DLC, just like I did. Waiting for something to happen was cutting it really close, so I ended up forking out the cost. The game itself was Games With Gold so that alone would have saved a lot of people whatever the cost of the game was.
Twincats
Twincats
Posted on 20 July 19 at 03:08
halohogg said:
Is there something mentally wrong with these publishers? Or do they just not like money?
The suffering and complaining from gamers is delicious currency to EA.
Tempus edax rerum
Yummy Baklava
Yummy Baklava
Posted on 21 July 19 at 04:18
Just to bump and remind anyone that the Paradise Big Surf Island DLC is still available.

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-AU/Product/Burnout-Paradise-...

If you haven't done so, grab it now rather than waiting a few more days.
GsO Light
141,785 141,785 GamerScore
GsO Light
Posted on 21 July 19 at 05:45
Classic EA, won't make it free but also won't keep it up till server shutdown.
AngryManGamer
AngryManGamer
Posted on 21 July 19 at 18:08
Absolute BS. i was going to buy the DLC today and no indication that it was getting delisted. Fuming. Stupid people
AngryManGamer
rapfaria
rapfaria
Posted on 22 July 19 at 00:37
I can install the cops & robbers and big surf island dlcs, but they are not shown in the game. is it because I don't have the 1.9 update?
Vrruumm
Vrruumm
Posted on 22 July 19 at 06:11
If you have played this game before and downloaded the 1.9 update, you can go through your Download History and download it there. I was trying everything to get online and saw that I needed to have the 1.9 update. Since the 1.9 update was removed from the Microsoft Store, I thought I was SOL, but went through my Download History, after going through 10 years of downloads, and eventually found it. It is installing so, as long as you installed it once, you should be able to install it again.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.