Site Wishlist Forum

Got some ideas about how to make the site better? Post them here

PM on tracking changes.

AuthorMessage
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 20 July 19 at 05:17
If you aren't already. Then I would suggest a PM sent out to people when their privacypolicies change to hidden.

I see so many people asking weekly why they don't get tracked, who obviously don't notice the red circle above their name.
And I figure that many people DONT ask, and possibly just leave the site.
You could maybe set up a filter, that will halt the messages in the case that a high amount of members get policies changed at the same time though, to avoid PM spams during Xbox live downtime
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 20 July 19 at 08:52
Thing is will they notice the little red 1 on messages if they dont notice the icon first?

Plus there are folks who set it on purpose who'd get messages too.

I get what you're trying to do though, id have said a screen overlay notifying them but that still affects the second people i mentioned.
Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 20 July 19 at 09:04
I actually DO believe that most people would notice a message.
But for a newer or casual member having one more icon above a bunch of badges and icons, you probably don't even fully know the function of, won't get the same attention.

And I do believe that the pros od sending that message heavily outweighs the cons.

And in the message you could add a link to your settings, where you could turn it off, so people who did it on purpose wouldn't have to receive it more than once.
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 20 July 19 at 09:09
You'd be surprised the things people miss

(Sorry for the friend request, that damn hover thing came up as i clicked)
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 20 July 19 at 09:17
Oh I know...I'm not saying it's a foolproof plan.

But if you are a new user, or haven't been online for a while, you might not know or remember if that little red circle used to be there.
Yazite
Yazite
Posted on 20 July 19 at 09:17
I always thought the privacy setting warning watermark should be larger as many people miss it. Like how it used to be with limited tracking watermarks but do that when privacy settings are enabled.
Wake me, when you need me.
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 20 July 19 at 09:26
Yazite said:
I always thought the privacy setting warning watermark should be larger as many people miss it. Like how it used to be with limited tracking watermarks but do that when privacy settings are enabled.
Something should be done at least..
The amount of people posting issues seem to be on the rise.
And I worked enough with people/customers to know, that every time one person takes the time to write in a forum or contact you about it, 10+ people just give up, and never come back.
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 21 July 19 at 17:30
Spilner said:
Thing is will they notice the little red 1 on messages if they dont notice the icon first?
By default you also get an email from TA.
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 21 July 19 at 18:30
Is it really? Wow thought it was something that needed turning on, ok
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 21 July 19 at 19:33
I could be wrong, but I don't think I ever turned that feature on.
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 23 July 19 at 04:17
Spilner said:
Does the red dot appear on any other page than your homepage and the forums though? The message notification is part of the header, so it's on every page. I think it has more chance of being noticed, no?
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.