Game Discussion: Mantis Burn Racing Forum

Online server no longer available?

AuthorMessage
MotorexGTR32
MotorexGTR32
Posted on 21 July 19 at 07:48, Edited on 21 July 19 at 08:47 by MotorexGTR32
I bought Mantis Burn Racing last Wednesday. I noticed online server went down for past 4 days since I started to play it.

On news ticker in the game, it say

“No connection can currently be established to the Mantis Burn Server. Please try again in a short while if this problem persists for an extended period, please contact our support team at support@voofoostudios.com .”

I tried to join online lobby or private race for online, it did not work obviously. It popped up saying Online Race No connection could be made to the Mantis Burn Server. Please try again later.

I emailed to the support team regarding of online issue, no response for past 4 days, same with twitter. Heard nothing from them.

I don’t know if it isn’t temporarily down or permanently shut down.
Psychotic Sully
Posted on 21 July 19 at 08:57
I may start this soon then once I get the PM of the flag changes so I can add it to my collection of discontinued achievements/games.
“The Shadows Rushed Me” achievement should be a 1:00 ratio
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 21 July 19 at 09:28
Psychotic Sully said:
I may start this soon then once I get the PM of the flag changes so I can add it to my collection of discontinued achievements/games.
That could actually be an interesting goal for a new account. How low a completionrate can you get, while still having a 100 completionrate from possible achievements.
MotorexGTR32
MotorexGTR32
Posted on 21 July 19 at 09:52
You doing this for your goal to add in your collection of discontinued achievements/games? IMO, that isn’t helpful from what I was hoping to hear.

It’s too soon to declare that online achievements is unobtainable. For all we know, it could be temporary shutdown for online server.

If you see VooFooStudios’s twitter, you will see that they tweet about PSN’s sale for Mantis Burn Racing game for PS4. They posted it twice or thrice about Mantis Burn Racing for PS4 for past two weeks on twitter.

That tell me it’s still alive and kicking for online for Mantis Burn Racing (PS4) but what about Xbox One? Who know if both platforms online server for that game could be temporarily shut down.
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 21 July 19 at 10:09
Noone have unlocked an online achievement in this game on Xbox since December 2018. And that was a challenge "real" online achievements haven't been unlocked since 2017...so yeah..I'm pretty confident that online is pretty dead on Xbox..servers down or not
MotorexGTR32
MotorexGTR32
Posted on 21 July 19 at 11:55
Why didn’t VooFoo studios let people know whether they shut online server down or not? If that’s the case then why Mantis Dirt Racing on XBL store? It wouldn’t make sense if they decided to shut online server down and keep selling the game.

Can I file a complaint to Microsoft against VooFoo Studios?
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 21 July 19 at 12:42
First of all...I don't know if the servers really ARE down.
I was merely arguing that it wouldn't be a huge surprise, as they don't seem very crowded.

You could contact MS support...it's not sure it will make a difference. But you could always say that online is still advertised in the store, and it was the reason you bought it....you already contacted the developer, who didn't reply, so you would like to ask for a refund
MotorexGTR32
MotorexGTR32
Posted on 21 July 19 at 12:56, Edited on 21 July 19 at 12:58 by MotorexGTR32
Point taken.

I’m gonna give it a week until Wednesday if I don’t hear from the developer. Unless the server come back online. If not then I’ll contact Microsoft for a refund. I bought this game since last Wednesday.
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 21 July 19 at 13:10
If you played it less than 30 minutes, you do not even need to contact them, but can request a refund directly from your purchasehistory
MotorexGTR32
MotorexGTR32
Posted on 21 July 19 at 18:43
Finally, the developer tweet me back. They said

VooFoo Studios
@VooFoo
·
3h
Replying to
@MotorexGTR32
Hi there, apologies for the delayed response. Thanks for the info, we will look to investigate this issue.
Chris Scarce
Chris Scarce
Posted on 22 July 19 at 07:51, Edited on 22 July 19 at 07:54 by Chris Scarce
yeah I can't get on to the servors was looking to get on it for days no luck. want do the online stuff came back to it after a while because the online achievements had changed then I noticed i could't get online. I had tried to get online for a number of weeks nothing.
C Scarce
MotorexGTR32
MotorexGTR32
Posted on 22 July 19 at 08:14, Edited on 22 July 19 at 08:18 by MotorexGTR32
This is the response I got from them after I tweet them about online server has been down.

https://mobile.twitter.com/VooFoo/status/1152529519485628416

They haven’t done a bit about it so far. I felt we are ripped off. How the hell was we supposed to know whether their online server run or down before we bought the game???

Maybe it would help if you or anybody report it to VooFoo Studios about it.

I finished all achievements except for online and dlc achievements. I refused to buy the dlc achievements unless they get online server up and running. It’s bullshit.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.