Game Discussion: Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr Forum

Is this game as broken and poor as the reviews say?

AuthorMessage
TymanTheLong
TymanTheLong
Posted on 22 July 19 at 22:17
This is finally reaching a good sale price but I keep seeing reviews about game breaking bugs, zero end game, no online co-op, and third party authentication (seriously DRM really annoys me but at least by playing console I make it pretty much invisible), and DRM authentication servers being down.

I’m disabled and at times really just need a brain dead, enjoyable game where I can smash stuff while I listen to music, because my hands, brain l, or both become unreliable. Is this it or am I totally off the mark?

I do enjoy the 40k video games in general, Space Marine and Kill Team were both very fun for me.
BigNev44
BigNev44
Posted on 23 July 19 at 07:14
The game has Online Coop but only outside of the story mission UNTIL Version 2.0 comes out, it's already out on the PC version and it changed the game drastically such as doing the story missions in coop and moving more faster as a ARPG, they said console version will be released soon and it will be free.

There are no game breaking bugs (at least none that i've seen) but i did read and hear that end game pretty sucks.

Don't know if you've ever played the Van Helsing games but the same devs made this game and the gameplay is quite similar.
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 23 July 19 at 07:46
Update 2.0 is supposed to make what appear to be big changes to the game. You might want to hold off until the update drops, because massive changes dropping while you're in the middle of getting achievements might be a bad thing, but I supposed grinding it out now might be faster than however it works post-patch, so pick your poison.

Here's the changelog if you're interested : https://neocoregames.com/en/community/hub/content-update-for...
"Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
TymanTheLong
TymanTheLong
Posted on 24 July 19 at 02:52
Hey thanks for the responses! Have they given any hints as to when 2.0 might drop on XBox?

It looks like I have another week to decide. Maybe just leveling and boosting the multiplayer stuff is the way to go until the updates...
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 24 July 19 at 03:11
TymanTheLong said:
Hey thanks for the responses! Have they given any hints as to when 2.0 might drop on XBox?

It looks like I have another week to decide. Maybe just leveling and boosting the multiplayer stuff is the way to go until the updates...
Last update I saw was autumn this year. So according to google September-December.
"Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
MushaConvoy
MushaConvoy
Posted on 10 September 19 at 03:08
Game is on discount again, see Xbox still doesn't have 2.0, nor does PS4 by the looks. Had a bit of a look around the Neocore forums but they seem to have forgotten their console players.

The game looks neat, I love me some Diablo-style ARPG, the Van Helsing games weren't bad... still on the fence about this one though and lack of console support doesn't really help things.......
Peace Through Tyranny
mosin360
mosin360
Posted on 10 September 19 at 03:14
MushaConvoy said:
Game is on discount again, see Xbox still doesn't have 2.0, nor does PS4 by the looks. Had a bit of a look around the Neocore forums but they seem to have forgotten their console players.

The game looks neat, I love me some Diablo-style ARPG, the Van Helsing games weren't bad... still on the fence about this one though and lack of console support doesn't really help things.......
Agreed.
Buy your digital games/DLC from your favorite Mixer streamer, it really helps support them.
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 10 September 19 at 04:45, Edited on 10 September 19 at 04:50 by LV 1 Blue Slime
MushaConvoy said:

Chaosbane (another Warhammer game) isn't doing very well either : Patch (Achievements)

Seems an update failed cert twice, and they're going to merge it with the next patch which will magically fix how shit they are. Maybe Warhammer is cursed, or maybe whoever the fuck Bigben is (the publisher for both) just loves rushing broken shit.
MushaConvoy
MushaConvoy
Posted on 10 September 19 at 05:57
LV 1 Blue Slime said:
magically fix how shit they are
You had me at this.

I will be waiting until a better discount and check back to see if they've bothered patching it since. toast
Peace Through Tyranny
Rhyolitic
Rhyolitic
Posted on 26 September 19 at 18:29, Edited on 26 September 19 at 22:40 by Rhyolitic
They're supposed to be releasing the launch date for 2.0 today, during a livestream. So, it's coming, I'd guess probably late October w/ the Prophecy expansion (includes a new character type, the Tech-Adept) probably before Christmas.

Looks like they said it'll be on Oct. 8th, so not that long of a wait for 2.0.
BigNev44
BigNev44
Posted on 05 October 19 at 16:04
I wonder how many achievements will be affected by the change...
TymanTheLong
TymanTheLong
Posted on 08 October 19 at 06:52
Rhyolitic said:
They're supposed to be releasing the launch date for 2.0 today, during a livestream. So, it's coming, I'd guess probably late October w/ the Prophecy expansion (includes a new character type, the Tech-Adept) probably before Christmas.

I didn’t see a patch yet, what’s the verdict?
Rhyolitic
Rhyolitic
Posted on 08 October 19 at 07:42
TymanTheLong said:
Rhyolitic said:

I didn’t see a patch yet, what’s the verdict?
Well, it's only 3 hours into the 8th, so... laugh

From what I saw, they didn't say what time it'd be up, just the 8th.
d4rk antares
d4rk antares
Posted on 08 October 19 at 15:08
20GB update right now
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 08 October 19 at 19:55
d4rk antares said:
20GB update right now
Glad I waited it out. No doubt I'd be wasting my time playing it pre-patch. 20 GB has to be a shit ton of changes. I imagine people in the midst of it when the patch drops would be thrown for quite a loop.
Rhyolitic
Rhyolitic
Posted on 08 October 19 at 22:31, Edited on 08 October 19 at 22:35 by Rhyolitic
LV 1 Blue Slime said:
d4rk antares said:
20GB update right now
Glad I waited it out. No doubt I'd be wasting my time playing it pre-patch. 20 GB has to be a shit ton of changes. I imagine people in the midst of it when the patch drops would be thrown for quite a loop.
There's been changes to 4 achievements/trophies.

The Efficient Operative trophy/achievement was changed to "Complete a Priority Assignment on Impossible difficulty or higher"
The Emperor's Wrath trophy/achievement was changed to "Complete 10 Investigations on the highest difficulty"
The Visionary trophy/achievement was changed to "Complete 10 Void Crusade missions"
The Forge Lord trophy/achievement was changed to "Fuse a socket into a Relic item"
If you want to see what the 2.0 patch did, check this thread on their forums (it's the stuff from the PC release, but should still be applicable). Suffice to say, it appears to be almost a completely different game. Haven't had a chance to play yet, but it'll be fun to start a new character. Hadn't played a Crusader yet, so I'll try that.
BigNev44
BigNev44
Posted on 08 October 19 at 22:56
That's great!

I can't wait to jump back into this again.
TymanTheLong
TymanTheLong
Posted on 08 October 19 at 23:28
Great!
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 09 October 19 at 05:04, Edited on 09 October 19 at 05:09 by LV 1 Blue Slime
Rhyolitic said:
LV 1 Blue Slime said:
d4rk antares said:
20GB update right now
There's been changes to 4 achievements/trophies.

The Efficient Operative trophy/achievement was changed to "Complete a Priority Assignment on Impossible difficulty or higher"
The Emperor's Wrath trophy/achievement was changed to "Complete 10 Investigations on the highest difficulty"
The Visionary trophy/achievement was changed to "Complete 10 Void Crusade missions"
The Forge Lord trophy/achievement was changed to "Fuse a socket into a Relic item"
If you want to see what the 2.0 patch did, check this thread on their forums (it's the stuff from the PC release, but should still be applicable). Suffice to say, it appears to be almost a completely different game. Haven't had a chance to play yet, but it'll be fun to start a new character. Hadn't played a Crusader yet, so I'll try that.
I did play a few stages before 2.0 (never got any achievements though), so it'll be interesting to see how different it is. From the patch notes it does sound very different. Once I decide to take a break from going through my Kemco backlog I'll give this a try.
Rhyolitic
Rhyolitic
Posted on 09 October 19 at 18:33
After playing around for a bit, my Whirlwind Assassin still seems to be a viable build. Item sell prices have gotten nerfed to hell (or at least it seems like). The mission selector thing is NICE; no more having to jump from system to system to find a new mission. Haven't gotten any new loots to drop yet. I like being able to put the Tarot system onto the open world missions rather than having to spend Fate points for 'em.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.