Game Discussion: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Forum

Collectible Question

AuthorMessage
Lavindathar
Lavindathar
Posted on 23 July 19 at 20:01
I know there is an excellent walkthrough up on the site, but I have a question which the WT doesn't address.

Once I finish the game, are collectibles marked on the map? Ideally I don't want to have to play the game more than once, and I HATE using walkthroughs as I progress through the game.

So, basically :

Are any collectibles 100% missable (In areas I can't go back too)?

Can I get maps like on previous games to show me the locations of each collectible/see what I've missed etc.

Gonna start it tomorrow, so thought I'd ask before I dived in!
xPut Name Herex
Posted on 23 July 19 at 20:32
It has the maps/survival cache pick-ups in the environment that mark your map with the associated collectibles, as in the previous game. There's an upgrade to survival instinct that will show challenge items (the knock down/collect X things in an area) within that (not applicable on Deadly Obsession difficulty or any other that disables Survival Instincts, obviously).

No collectible achievements are missable. The achievement list is accurately marked for Missable, which mostly involves ways of killing enemies (you'll likely get many of them playing anyway), so you may want to take a look at those for just in case you think you are late in the game and need the descriptions on what to do. The only exception to that are the Secret missables, which you won't need to worry about looking up a guide/walkthrough for as long as you handle the side missions when you encounter them.
Lavindathar
Lavindathar
Posted on 23 July 19 at 20:45
xPut Name Herex said:
It has the maps/survival cache pick-ups in the environment that mark your map with the associated collectibles, as in the previous game. There's an upgrade to survival instinct that will show challenge items (the knock down/collect X things in an area) within that (not applicable on Deadly Obsession difficulty or any other that disables Survival Instincts, obviously).

No collectible achievements are missable. The achievement list is accurately marked for Missable, which mostly involves ways of killing enemies (you'll likely get many of them playing anyway), so you may want to take a look at those for just in case you think you are late in the game and need the descriptions on what to do. The only exception to that are the Secret missables, which you won't need to worry about looking up a guide/walkthrough for as long as you handle the side missions when you encounter them.
Ok thanks mate.

I’ll probably play through and just return for the collectibles I need. I’ll keep an eye out for the enemy kills and secret missables though!

I’ll glance at the walkthrough, just don’t want to glued to it. Hate playing games that way.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.