Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Premium Pets and Cross-Play Preferences Headed to Sea Of Thieves

AuthorMessage
Canezza
Canezza
Posted on 24 July 19 at 12:17
A new Developer Update video gives us a roadmap of what to expect in the future.

Please click here to read the story: Premium Pets and Cross-Play Preferences Headed to Sea Of Thieves
Amedeus8
Amedeus8
Posted on 24 July 19 at 13:03
The game is aching for content, so sure let's just throw microtransactions on top of the base price.
The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't.
tuhin94
tuhin94
Posted on 24 July 19 at 13:30
Sea of Thieves business model: charge for alpha access, charge even more for beta access, stop providing updates once revenue goal has been achieved.
Regards, Tuhin
British Legends
Posted on 24 July 19 at 13:32
tuhin94 said:
Sea of Thieves business model: charge for alpha access, charge even more for beta access, stop providing updates once revenue goal has been achieved.
You obviously don't follow the updates that are continually released through insiders and the live game.
Posted on 24 July 19 at 13:59
The game has at least three times the content (I have no actual figures to back this up) as it did on initial release. Rare has told us that any microtransactions will not affect gameplay and will not be linked to loot boxes (i.e. you know what youre paying for). I have no problem with microtransactions handled in this manner. Game developers need to get paid too.
Lavindathar
Lavindathar
Posted on 24 July 19 at 14:03
Thank God for the cross play fix. Keyboard/Mouse has such an advantage. I try to play on PC on cross play (SoT/Smite) etc, but im happy with this fix.

tuhin94 said:
The game is essentially free. Its on game pass. If you're paying for live, but don't get Ultimate for what, the extra couple of £ a month, then that's on you. And, before the insults start, I actually bought SoT before it hit gamepass.
MorseyBaby
MorseyBaby
Posted on 24 July 19 at 14:08
Amedeus8 said:
The game is aching for content, so sure let's just throw microtransactions on top of the base price.
Have you played it since Tall Tales launched? Personally I was entirely with you until then, but since: plenty of content I'd say
Cower Before me
Posted on 24 July 19 at 14:09
I don’t mind that they are putting in micro transactions for pets and cosmetics as long as it’s not loot crates. I just also want them to make their already in game currency doubloons actually do something once you are a pirate legend. They need to add some cosmetic and maybe even Pets that are only available through doubloons thus making it actually worth even considering doing the challenges for them.
kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 24 July 19 at 14:13
Cower Before me said:
I don’t mind that they are putting in micro transactions for pets and cosmetics as long as it’s not loot crates. I just also want them to make their already in game currency doubloons actually do something once you are a pirate legend. They need to add some cosmetic and maybe even Pets that are only available through doubloons thus making it actually worth even considering doing the challenges for them.
Yeah agree with this entirely. Micros are fine if the prices are fair and honest, but they need to improve the value of the internal currency as well.
MegaManSurvives
Posted on 24 July 19 at 16:24
They are really going all out on this game. I'm dreading boosting it.
Want to boost Fatal Inertia?
Lavindathar
Lavindathar
Posted on 24 July 19 at 19:12
kintaris said:
Cower Before me said:
Yeah agree with this entirely. Micros are fine if the prices are fair and honest, but they need to improve the value of the internal currency as well.
One of the biggest problems with the game impo.
Fooga
Fooga
Posted on 24 July 19 at 21:07, Edited on 24 July 19 at 21:08 by Fooga
So it’s based on “controller preference”? What’s to stop a PC player from plugging in a controller to find more console players and then switching back? And if you don’t find enough players it’ll still put you against KB&M players. It seems like they’ve had a lot of issues with eliminating crossplay and this is all they could come up with.

That’s pretty disappointing.
Skanker irl
Skanker irl
Posted on 24 July 19 at 22:43
No problem with this
Lavindathar
Lavindathar
Posted on 24 July 19 at 22:46
Fooga said:
So it’s based on “controller preference”? What’s to stop a PC player from plugging in a controller to find more console players and then switching back? And if you don’t find enough players it’ll still put you against KB&M players. It seems like they’ve had a lot of issues with eliminating crossplay and this is all they could come up with.

Once the input is selected, it can’t be changed. So you can’t switch back and forth.

I.e - you load In and select controller. The keyboard will not be recongnised for that session when you plug it in, other games have already done this.
Mingus XbOX
Mingus XbOX
Posted on 25 July 19 at 10:21
tuhin94 said:
Yawn ...
Westworld 2016
Posted on 26 July 19 at 02:29
Fooga said:

This sounds awfully familiar :D
Fooga
Fooga
Posted on 26 July 19 at 02:32
Lavindathar said:
Fooga said:

Once the input is selected, it can’t be changed. So you can’t switch back and forth.

I.e - you load In and select controller. The keyboard will not be recongnised for that session when you plug it in, other games have already done this.
That’s good. Thanks for clarifying.
Amedeus8
Amedeus8
Posted on 28 July 19 at 08:32
MorseyBaby said:
Amedeus8 said:
Have you played it since Tall Tales launched? Personally I was entirely with you until then, but since: plenty of content I'd say
They added, what, four whole missions? There's definitely some content now. It still doesn't feel like a complete game.
The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't.
Lavindathar
Lavindathar
Posted on 28 July 19 at 12:42
Amedeus8 said:
MorseyBaby said:
Amedeus8 said:
They added, what, four whole missions? There's definitely some content now. It still doesn't feel like a complete game.
9 tall tale campaign missions
2 new factions
The arena
Fishing and cooking
Mercenary missions inc reapers runs
Posted on 29 July 19 at 23:38
Lavindathar said:
Amedeus8 said:
MorseyBaby said:
Amedeus8 said:
9 tall tale campaign missions
2 new factions
The arena
Fishing and cooking
Mercenary missions inc reapers runs
Even more than that. Cargo Runs werent in the initial release. Neither were Cursed Cannonballs, the Meg, Skeleton Ships, Mermaid Statues, etc.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.