Game Discussion: RAGE 2 Forum

New achievements for the update

AuthorMessage
SuperDarkConker
Posted on 04 August 19 at 03:51
It’s my 3rd play through on ultra nightmares difficult get the achievement as soon as possible.
Thomas Widurksi
Skrubits
Skrubits
Posted on 07 August 19 at 07:04
I did the final boss twice last night and had the same result both times; getting to the last phase and running out of ammo in every weapon. My global damage boost is 15%. Did anyone else struggle with having insufficient ammo? I think it’s terrible design to have a bullet sponge boss and not provide ammunition to the player. Not to mention having to fight off waves of enemies, which I ended up doing with just the slam ability.
Would you kindly?
Scotty x360a
Scotty x360a
Posted on 07 August 19 at 21:01
Skrubits said:
I did the final boss twice last night and had the same result both times; getting to the last phase and running out of ammo in every weapon. My global damage boost is 15%. Did anyone else struggle with having insufficient ammo? I think it’s terrible design to have a bullet sponge boss and not provide ammunition to the player. Not to mention having to fight off waves of enemies, which I ended up doing with just the slam ability.
I didn't run out of ammo completely but i did end up using guns that i never use just to finish the battle, like the pistol and revolver. Emptied my Shotty, Assault rifle, Rocket Launcher, that Gauss cannon thing and the overheating minigun thing.

have you made sure to unlock the project that gives you more ammo? And have a full stash of ingredients and overdrive injections since they give you bonus damage when active and can help preserve some ammo. I was probably in overdrive for the majority of the fighting against the mobs but used it somewhat more sparingly on the boss until he was in his final stage then i used all of my overdrive that i had left for as much damage boost as i could get.
RadiantViper
RadiantViper
Posted on 08 August 19 at 01:18, Edited on 08 August 19 at 01:19 by RadiantViper
I got very close to running out of ammo on the final boss Ultra Nightmare ... it seems like Pulse Cannon is the only good weapon against him so I would try to save as much ammo for it as you can before you get there. When the mobs spawn you can kill most of them quickly with the Grav Dart gun by flinging them off the edge.
Skrubits
Skrubits
Posted on 08 August 19 at 06:05, Edited on 08 August 19 at 06:10 by Skrubits
Scotty x360a said:
Skrubits said:
I didn't run out of ammo completely but i did end up using guns that i never use just to finish the battle, like the pistol and revolver. Emptied my Shotty, Assault rifle, Rocket Launcher, that Gauss cannon thing and the overheating minigun thing.

have you made sure to unlock the project that gives you more ammo? And have a full stash of ingredients and overdrive injections since they give you bonus damage when active and can help preserve some ammo. I was probably in overdrive for the majority of the fighting against the mobs but used it somewhat more sparingly on the boss until he was in his final stage then i used all of my overdrive that i had left for as much damage boost as i could get.
I finally made it with just enough ammo yesterday. Had maybe 100 AR bullets left, and that’s it. I had all of the appropriate upgrades and full ammo in every weapon except for the pulse cannon – I think I used it too generously whilst getting through the rest of the level.

Anyway, I used grenades and pistols exclusively to get through the first phase. Some enemies tended to drop ammo for it during the waves, so it made less of an impact on my overall supply. Then I used the shotgun and my abilities to fight off the enemy waves, and lastly carefully used whatever I had left to finish off the boss.
Would you kindly?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.