Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Bloober Team Have Dropped The Blair Witch Official Gameplay Trailer

AuthorMessage
BulbAssured
Posted on 29 July 19 at 17:07
A new gameplay trailer for Blooper's Blair Witch has arrived.

Please click here to read the story: Bloober Team Have Dropped The Blair Witch Official Gameplay Trailer

Credit goes to Yazite for this story
AKA Swede
819,977
AKA Swede
Posted on 29 July 19 at 17:13
looks awesome
You have business cards? You're a stormtrooper. There's like a million of you.
Woolyguy24
374,821
Woolyguy24
Posted on 29 July 19 at 17:17
Looks interesting wondering will it be a better Outlast? Also, is this on game pass?
Ahawk30
logicslayer
236,430
logicslayer
Posted on 29 July 19 at 17:23
Woolyguy24 said:
Looks interesting wondering will it be a better Outlast? Also, is this on game pass?
Yes, they announced at E3 that it would be on Game Pass day one.
Kanchanaburi
1,008,310
Kanchanaburi
Posted on 29 July 19 at 17:55
game pass, really? excellent!!!!!!!
o Heres Jonny o
Posted on 29 July 19 at 19:03
Think this looks really good. Glad it's going to be on gamepass too, real bonus.
Happy Gaming
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 29 July 19 at 19:03
I was so pleasantly surprised by this at e3. The reveal at first had me thinking some type of alan wake then when it.pans over to the girl in the corner, i was like wait what the fk! That looks like a blair witch call back and sure enough. Still remember seeing it in theatres when everyone thought it was real lol such a cool lil moment in film history. Excited to play this, so epic its launching on gamepass!
Matthew
BudgetBallin360
Posted on 29 July 19 at 19:39
whoa, it'll be on game pass?! clap
Neslord2
204,861
Neslord2
Posted on 29 July 19 at 21:30
Big fan of the film and game pass
JKSullivan
539,139
JKSullivan
Posted on 29 July 19 at 23:18
It's gonna be hard to play when you're stuck in the corner staring at the wall....
Facial La Fleur
1,010,067
Facial La Fleur
Posted on 29 July 19 at 23:38
Oh, I didn't realize this was the same Dev. That gets all the more excited for this.
Seitzz
674,179
Seitzz
Posted on 30 July 19 at 01:40
Bloober sounds like a funny name
Sashamorning
1,682,009
Sashamorning
Posted on 30 July 19 at 02:44
Excited, with a caveat: BWP was all about what we couldn't see. Having minions in the woods? Can they hurt us? That seems anti-canon, as all of the bad stuff is supposed to happen in the house. The rest was psychological.
Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
CyberKiller
30,313
CyberKiller
Posted on 30 July 19 at 05:02
I'm sceptical. Layers of Fear was so badly optimised on xbox that it hurt while playing - severe framerate drops even in empty rooms (sic!). The worst offense is that they didn't fix this in later patches, I played a few months ago and still it was as bad as the reviews say.

This new game here looks nice story and gameplay wise, but I'll want to see how it runs first before buying. If I'd want to play a game in 10-15 fps I can just get it for my crappy laptop with intel gpu, at least it would be cheaper. For a console it needs to run fluently (at least 25-30 fps all the time).
EarthboundX
1,099,169
EarthboundX
Posted on 30 July 19 at 05:34, Edited on 30 July 19 at 05:35 by EarthboundX
CyberKiller#5410 said:
I'm sceptical. Layers of Fear was so badly optimised on xbox that it hurt while playing - severe framerate drops even in empty rooms (sic!). The worst offense is that they didn't fix this in later patches, I played a few months ago and still it was as bad as the reviews say.

This new game here looks nice story and gameplay wise, but I'll want to see how it runs first before buying. If I'd want to play a game in 10-15 fps I can just get it for my crappy laptop with intel gpu, at least it would be cheaper. For a console it needs to run fluently (at least 25-30 fps all the time).
Yep, just played Layers of Fear a week or so ago, ran pretty poorly. Wasn't a fan overall either. Mostly just lame lazy jumpscares.
JohnnyInterfnk
Posted on 30 July 19 at 13:28
Sashamorning said:
Excited, with a caveat: BWP was all about what we couldn't see. Having minions in the woods? Can they hurt us? That seems anti-canon, as all of the bad stuff is supposed to happen in the house. The rest was psychological.
I have the same feelings about the game. I really like what I've seen so far, bur I'm holding out to see how they handle the in-game elements. As you say, the vast majority of the movie was psychological (the more recent one, less so but still had it as part of Act I) so I'm curious to see how they capture that without resorting to cheap horror tropes.

So, cautiously optimistic overall...
Billargh
321,149
Billargh
Posted on 15 August 19 at 11:05
CyberKiller#5410 said:
I'm sceptical. Layers of Fear was so badly optimised on xbox that it hurt while playing - severe framerate drops even in empty rooms (sic!). The worst offense is that they didn't fix this in later patches, I played a few months ago and still it was as bad as the reviews say.

This new game here looks nice story and gameplay wise, but I'll want to see how it runs first before buying. If I'd want to play a game in 10-15 fps I can just get it for my crappy laptop with intel gpu, at least it would be cheaper. For a console it needs to run fluently (at least 25-30 fps all the time).
I know this is a late reply, but they massively improved the performance of Layers of Fear 2, I assume by using the Unreal Engine rather than the shite that is the Unity Engine. With any luck they haven't went back to Unity for The Blair Witch.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.