Game Discussion: Car Mechanic Simulator

Racer Boy tips

• SkridgerSkridger281,170
    Posted on 30 July 19 at 11:50Permalink
    Just starting a thread for this extremely frustrating achievement. (Maybe moreso for some than others)

I attempted last night with a Typhoon several times. I believe the car is capable, but just so extremely frustrating to control.

From what I've read on other sites discussing, most people have trouble with the braking. However, I seem to be fine on that front, even managing to drift around some corners. It's the straights that get me. I can't keep the car straight. The long straight with the finish line kills me every time. Once I have a bit of speed, if I touch the steering even just a little, I lose control. End up in a fishtail and smacking the wall. I can recover by letting off the gas, but then I'm not maintaining enough speed for the achievement.

You seem to lose speed quickly.

Any tips?
  • Posted on 30 July 19 at 20:28Permalink
    Install the aftermarket transmission in the typhoon and use Fords 10R80 Transmission ratios (250-350 Hp is the sweet spot).

:Ratios:
    Final Drive - 3.35
    1st Gear - 4.50
    2nd Gear - 2.99
    3rd Gear - 2.15
    4th Gear - 1.77
    5th Gear - 1.52
    6th Gear - 1.28
    7th Gear - 1.00
    8th Gear - 0.85
    9th Gear - 0.69
    10th Gear - 0.64

You Add gears at the bottom of the menu

Edit- I set 59.8 on my 2nd run with this setup on the Typhoon (329 Hp 425 lb.ft)
    “Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.”
  • SkridgerSkridger281,170
    Posted on 30 July 19 at 23:39Permalink
    Thanks so much for that tip, it definitely made this much easier.

I could immediately tell this was going to be attainable, but would probably still take me many attempts because the controls are just THAT terrible.

So I was on about my 20th lap, and I had wiped out so there was no way I was going to hit it on that lap, then the timer glitched and said I was negative for time. (Like negative 65 days, or something crazy like that)

Achievement popped. Glitch, but I'll take it. Never driving in this game again, lol!
  • Posted on 02 August 19 at 05:20Permalink
    Haha the same happened to me, This game wins the award for the clunkiest driving mechanics on Xbox One. Anyway I'm happy it worked out for you. toast
    “Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.”
  • AnthAnth250,736
    Posted on 03 August 19 at 16:18Permalink
    The timer glitched for me also, midway through a lap i crashed and instead of resetting i just left it running as i went to make a tea. Came back and timer was on negative. Finished lap and achievement popped.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.