Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Games with Gold Revealed for August 2019

AuthorMessage
NendoShisu
NendoShisu
Posted on 31 July 19 at 15:49
The beginning of the end when a Forza title goes on Games with Gold looks like it’s reached end of life.
NendoShisu
TonyTwoSteaks
TonyTwoSteaks
Posted on 31 July 19 at 15:50
HolyHalfDead said:
TonyTwoSteaks said:
I'm sure you are all wondering who has the fastest completion on GoW4! That would be me
250 hours, that's impressive! But 760 people still 100% the game before you. There are 26 people that claim they completed the game in under 200 hours. Now we all know that is bullshit, but people love lying about their completion estimates on TA for some reason.

The fact they kept adding achievements that made you repeat what you had already done means anyone starting now will have to go through far less bullshit than those that started back in 2016.
Yeah I started after all the title updates were mostly done so I didn't have to repeat anything. And I did all the reups during the 6.66xp event so it took only about a week.

I'm curious, if I play the game more, will it also increase that time played counter on the list of gamers who beat the game? I would hope not but I bet it does. TA should save a snapshot of what your hours played was when the game was officially completed to get better estimates.
TonyTwoSteaks
TonyTwoSteaks
Posted on 31 July 19 at 15:54
Psychotic Sully said:
Vr English said:
TonyTwoSteaks said:
I'm sure you are all wondering who has the fastest completion on GoW4! That would be me
laugh Good for you mate. Made me chuckle.
No it’s this guy - Vitiated1's Game Collection

He completed it from start to finish in 7 weeks
How do you know how much time was played in those 7 weeks though?
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 31 July 19 at 16:13
TonyTwoSteaks said:
I'm curious, if I play the game more, will it also increase that time played counter on the list of gamers who beat the game? I would hope not but I bet it does. TA should save a snapshot of what your hours played was when the game was officially completed to get better estimates.
It will.
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
BegFourMercy
BegFourMercy
Posted on 31 July 19 at 16:28
xXLILBRAZIL said:
Unpopular Opinion: I'm happy with all four games and will download all of them
You seriously do not have and of these? Wow
BegFourMercy
BegFourMercy
Posted on 31 July 19 at 16:29
TonyTwoSteaks said:
HolyHalfDead said:
TonyTwoSteaks said:
250 hours, that's impressive! But 760 people still 100% the game before you. There are 26 people that claim they completed the game in under 200 hours. Now we all know that is bullshit, but people love lying about their completion estimates on TA for some reason.

The fact they kept adding achievements that made you repeat what you had already done means anyone starting now will have to go through far less bullshit than those that started back in 2016.
Yeah I started after all the title updates were mostly done so I didn't have to repeat anything. And I did all the reups during the 6.66xp event so it took only about a week.

It takes 200 hours just for Horde and RNG.
BegFourMercy
BegFourMercy
Posted on 31 July 19 at 16:32
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
Octobot Super said:
Elyoh said:
They perma-ban boosters
Ew, really?
If you get caught, yeah. The problem is people boost in ranked. And TC doesn't like people fucking around with ranks. It's understandable, but honestly with Gears 5 coming out soon, I don't think they give a shit about boosting anymore.
Well, then do not put in Multi Player achievements!
Dr Marty
Dr Marty
Posted on 31 July 19 at 17:17
BegFourMercy said:
xXLILBRAZIL said:
I didn't have any of these either. I knew FM6 would be GwG, so I waited and played the other Forzas that became free before.
I didn't start GoW4 because I still need to finish 1 and 3.
I was never really interested in Castlevania, but now that I looked at it I'm excited to play it.
And I have never heard of Torchlight, but it also looks amazing.
o Heres Jonny o
Posted on 31 July 19 at 18:11
Dr Marty said:
BegFourMercy said:
xXLILBRAZIL said:
I didn't have any of these either. I knew FM6 would be GwG, so I waited and played the other Forzas that became free before.
I didn't start GoW4 because I still need to finish 1 and 3.
I was never really interested in Castlevania, but now that I looked at it I'm excited to play it.
And I have never heard of Torchlight, but it also looks amazing.
You are in for a good month! I haven't played forza yet but the other 3 are solid.
Happy Gaming
oxitran
oxitran
Posted on 31 July 19 at 18:42
Why do this? Why give us shit for 7 months then give us 3 great games in one month? Games that most already own. At least I can now own Castlevania digitally.
to the world you are one person, to one person you are the world.
Crater Bob
Crater Bob
Posted on 31 July 19 at 20:02
BegFourMercy said:
xXLILBRAZIL said:
oxitran said:
Why do this? Why give us shit for 7 months then give us 3 great games in one month? Games that most already own. At least I can now own Castlevania digitally.
I never bought any of these actually, mostly because I've been off-the-job four years now with a back injury so no cash flow, and also because I could never find a disc w/DLC copy of Lords of Shadow at my local EB's when I did have money, but at least now I can get a digital copy and get started. Don't really care for Gears 4 and Forza 6 though, Gears 4 was a yawn compared to the others (including Judgment), and I haven't done much in Forza since the second game over a decade ago. Wouldn't mind trying Torchlight though.
Gatekeeper 3-6 off your starboard wing, turn to 2-2-0 and drop to angels two or you will be fired upon!
Predefiance
Predefiance
Posted on 31 July 19 at 21:54
Best thing about this is that I might as well trade in my steelbook of Gears 4.
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 31 July 19 at 22:51
Predefiance said:
Just so you know, you do not own any Xbox One GwG you download. If you ever choose to get rid of your gold membership, you will lose access to any Xbox One GwG games you've downloaded. You do, however, get to keep 360 ones forever.
Koding
Koding
Posted on 31 July 19 at 23:04
Predefiance said:
Absolutely! I'll probably do the same thing.
62 LEGO game completions on 6 different platforms across TA, TT, and TSA! Over 3,500 achievements/trophies earned in LEGO games!
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 31 July 19 at 23:28
Koding said:
Predefiance said:
Absolutely! I'll probably do the same thing.
Mine is being sold tomorrow lol
Marcos Aspira
Marcos Aspira
Posted on 31 July 19 at 23:53
I'm just glad MS Brazil got Castlevania SOTN for us who missed last month due to it not being in our marketplace clap

Already got Gears 4 but fine anyway
CAM TERPS
CAM TERPS
Posted on 01 August 19 at 00:12
I hope this means Lords of Shadow 2 will be on GWG soon.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 01 August 19 at 00:22
iTz Canada Ehh said:
Predefiance said:
Just so you know, you do not own any Xbox One GwG you download. If you ever choose to get rid of your gold membership, you will lose access to any Xbox One GwG games you've downloaded. You do, however, get to keep 360 ones forever.
Without Gold Gears 4 isn't much of a game anyway.
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
Mr ECHO3
Mr ECHO3
Posted on 01 August 19 at 00:52
This is probably the most solid line up they have had in months regardless of the inclusion of games from gamepass. Especially since you dont really own those game pass games.
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 01 August 19 at 02:19
Marcos Aspira said:
I'm just glad MS Brazil got Castlevania SOTN for us who missed last month due to it not being in our marketplace clap

Already got Gears 4 but fine anyway
This is impressive! They are giving Brazil Castlevania SOTN as extra this month!
They claimed the game wasn't rated, so it now can be added to the marketplace.

Konami is very lazy to never care to rate this game here.
And I wonder if Sonic Adventure and many others are not available purely because of rating... I doubt it's just that but whatever. compute
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.