Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Games with Gold Revealed for August 2019

AuthorMessage
CONKER1182
CONKER1182
Posted on 01 August 19 at 04:21, Edited on 01 August 19 at 04:30 by CONKER1182
Tatl360 said:
Marcos Aspira said:
I'm just glad MS Brazil got Castlevania SOTN for us who missed last month due to it not being in our marketplace clap

Already got Gears 4 but fine anyway
This is impressive! They are giving Brazil Castlevania SOTN as extra this month!
They claimed the game wasn't rated, so it now can be added to the marketplace.

Konami is very lazy to never care to rate this game here.
Konami doesn't care about their employees and treats them like trash in Japan and that's been reported in Nikkei. Producers and top go to people have been treated like trash too and not just regular employees at Konami HQ in Japan (Hideo Kojima and his dev team were treated like hell and couldn't make Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain the way he and his dev team wanted to. This made the game not as good as a result because Kojima and his dev team being treated like trash).

Konami HQ in Japan fucked over their best employees and top go to Producers (Konami is still fucking over employees and treating them like trash to this day) because the greedy executives didn't want to spend money on and make home console games for the West anymore (the executives at Konami HQ in Japan fired and kicked people from their company that didn't want to make mobile games with microtransactions and loot boxes). They did that so they can get into more mobile games with microtransactions and loot boxes in Japan (The current leadership at Konami HQ in Japan are psychopathic demons from hell that don't care about the well being and health of their employees).

And last thing Metal Gear Survive which was garbage because Hideo Kojima didn't make it and the game was made by people who have to work at Konami HQ in Japan because if they try to get another job in the industry they work in then they get blacklisted by Konami in Japan.

https://youtu.be/1Qi4qX04FhI?t=1311 (at the 21:51 mark if you're watching YouTube on mobile)
SKOOT2006
SKOOT2006
Posted on 01 August 19 at 05:42
Elyoh said:
iTz Canada Ehh said:
Predefiance said:
Best thing about this is that I might as well trade in my steelbook of Gears 4.
Just so you know, you do not own any Xbox One GwG you download. If you ever choose to get rid of your gold membership, you will lose access to any Xbox One GwG games you've downloaded. You do, however, get to keep 360 ones forever.
Without Gold Gears 4 isn't much of a game anyway.
I wouldn't say that. I enjoyed the campaign. Don't think I even touched the MP. Generally avoid MP if at all possible for most games.
You don't know what you don't know
CONKER1182
CONKER1182
Posted on 01 August 19 at 06:37
SKOOT2006 said:
Elyoh said:
iTz Canada Ehh said:
Predefiance said:
Best thing about this is that I might as well trade in my steelbook of Gears 4.
Just so you know, you do not own any Xbox One GwG you download. If you ever choose to get rid of your gold membership, you will lose access to any Xbox One GwG games you've downloaded. You do, however, get to keep 360 ones forever.
Without Gold Gears 4 isn't much of a game anyway.
I wouldn't say that. I enjoyed the campaign. Don't think I even touched the MP. Generally avoid MP if at all possible for most games.
I liked the multiplayer better than the campaign in GOW 4
fireiz
fireiz
Posted on 01 August 19 at 06:45
i dont wanna be one of those ppl who always complain about GwG...but i feel like the line ups are getting weaker and weaker cause of game pass...the spotlight of game pass is stealing light from GwG
Have no fear, Amjad is here
robthehermit
robthehermit
Posted on 01 August 19 at 10:04
EarthboundX said:
robthehermit said:
Torchlight is a fantastic game. Been having a bit of a blast on it in preparation for Torchlight 2 releasing in September, and it still plays incredibly well.
Torchlight 2 is finally coming to consoles? Awesome!
Yeah, September 2nd or 3rd, not sure which. It's up for preorder on the xbox store.
CONKER1182
CONKER1182
Posted on 01 August 19 at 10:19, Edited on 01 August 19 at 10:20 by CONKER1182
ShadowFlame117 said:
Having trouble getting Gears 4. Already have it installed off Game Pass. Only have option to buy as gift.
Get GOW 4 from XBL GWG on Xbox.com. That worked for me.

http://tinyurl.com/y26bqc8o
halohogg
halohogg
Posted on 01 August 19 at 12:27
Dr Marty said:
BegFourMercy said:
xXLILBRAZIL said:
Unpopular Opinion: I'm happy with all four games and will download all of them
You seriously do not have and of these? Wow
I didn't have any of these either. I knew FM6 would be GwG, so I waited and played the other Forzas that became free before.
I didn't start GoW4 because I still need to finish 1 and 3.
I was never really interested in Castlevania, but now that I looked at it I'm excited to play it.
And I have never heard of Torchlight, but it also looks amazing.
This.
CRUM LEE
CRUM LEE
Posted on 01 August 19 at 13:07
Nice! Happy about GoW
ChuggyBeggs
ChuggyBeggs
Posted on 01 August 19 at 14:25
ShadowFlame117 said:
Having trouble getting Gears 4. Already have it installed off Game Pass. Only have option to buy as gift.
I'm having the same issue. Will only let me buy with a 20% game pass discount, not free
ChuggyBeggs
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 01 August 19 at 14:54, Edited on 01 August 19 at 14:55 by J4CKA1
CONKER1182 said:
ShadowFlame117 said:

ChuggyBeggs said:
ShadowFlame117 said:
I'm having the same issue. Will only let me buy with a 20% game pass discount, not free
^^^

Or, just delete the game, and re-download which should also fix the issue, albeit this will take much longer.
CHERRY CHEERIOS
Posted on 01 August 19 at 17:27
CONKER1182 said:
ShadowFlame117 said:

This like worked for me. Thanks!
I brake for Hulking Phase Beasts!
atryeu1
atryeu1
Posted on 01 August 19 at 18:42
MGaskell said:
Am I the only one having problems downloading Torchlight? Just cannot get it, keeps telling me to "try on xbox" even though I am, have even tried the website, get logged out whenever I try to buy it.
I grabbed it from my 360 without any problems that first night it was available and it downloaded quickly.
XGN AlexLol
XGN AlexLol
Posted on 01 August 19 at 18:47
KingyOwl said:
AaronJamesx38 said:
What a pile of crap Gears 4 is game pass! Forza 6 is dead
How are people not realising that Microsoft has limited options for GwG now. All major publishers have or will soon have a subscription service (EA, Ubisoft, Microsoft) and want to keep their titles exclusive to those services. Old games, indies and first party titles are Microsoft's only options so people will moan every month because their desirability is niche.

If you want "free" current games from Microsoft, Game Pass is now the only way.
The quality of the games Microsoft provides compared to Sony is embarrassing.
XGN AlexLol
XGN AlexLol
Posted on 01 August 19 at 18:49
fireiz said:
i dont wanna be one of those ppl who always complain about GwG...but i feel like the line ups are getting weaker and weaker cause of game pass...the spotlight of game pass is stealing light from GwG
You aren't wrong at all. Even the free games outside game pass are lackluster compared to what Playstation gets.
halohogg
halohogg
Posted on 01 August 19 at 18:55
XGN AlexLol said:
fireiz said:
You aren't wrong at all. Even the free games outside game pass are lackluster compared to what Playstation gets.
It's almost like they want to charge you for both Game Pass AND Gold. Go figure! Next thing you know, they'll be combining them into one service. huh. roll
Signal24Code20
Posted on 01 August 19 at 22:43
This may be the best month I've ever seen for GwG. 3 out of the 4 games are interesting to me and I've only played one of them. Both Xbox One games are now on my to-do list.
Thin Blue Line Support https://www.odmp.org/
MustangNights
MustangNights
Posted on 02 August 19 at 02:16
Anyone looking to download GoW4 enjoy the insanely repeats and spending 600hours to complete
CONKER1182
CONKER1182
Posted on 02 August 19 at 05:17
MustangNights said:
Anyone looking to download GoW4 enjoy the insanely repeats and spending 600hours to complete
laugh No thanks. The time it took to complete Gears of war 2 Japan was long enough for me (plus having to deal with the most toxic boosting community I've ever had to deal with on TA. The Gears of war games tend to have toxic boosting communities on TA).
XI AlphaMale IX
Posted on 02 August 19 at 13:14
MustangNights said:
Thanks!
Octobot Super
Octobot Super
Posted on 02 August 19 at 16:12
MustangNights said:
Still chipping away at 3, thanks! laugh
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.