Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Games with Gold Revealed for August 2019

AuthorMessage
FireDrake007
FireDrake007
Posted on 02 August 19 at 18:51
Koding said:
Not a good month for me. Already have 3 out of the 4 and don't care about the 4th one.
It is a great month. Unfortunately like you, I have 3 out of 4 on Xbox and PC. However I am pretty happy to get FM 6 which I don't have before it gets delisted forever.
FireDrake007
FireDrake007
Posted on 02 August 19 at 18:53, Edited on 02 August 19 at 18:54 by FireDrake007
I just wanted to mention that you get to receive a free gilded weapon skin for Gears 4 and 5 by earning an achievement in each of the other Gears titles by September 2nd.

https://i.redd.it/l1xop4qkihd31.jpg

Unlock one achievement in every Gears game (1,2,3,4, Ulimate Edition, Judgement) by Sep 2.

All the games are part of Gamepass.

____

Apparently all achievements are retroactive so if you have gained those in the past, they work as well.
netstryker
netstryker
Posted on 02 August 19 at 19:00
In my humble opinion, this GWG list is by far the best GWG list ever. Finally a great list again! clap

My Gears of War 4 was installed from disc. If the game you've installed from disc become available on GWG and you get the game, you can simply remove the disc and play the game as a digital game, without disc. This is very good on Xbox One. I don't remember if is possible on Xbox 360.
netstryker
FireDrake007
FireDrake007
Posted on 02 August 19 at 19:03
Graymawr said:
What are your predictions for the sales on the DLC for this game? I have never owned this game yet so I was thinking I could update my GWG entitlement here with the Ultimate edition expansions. Right now, there are like 50 car packs at least $3.99 each. I mean daggone that adds up! Most economical way to upgrade to ultimate before delisting? Thanks!
I bought the Forza Motorsports 6 Complete adds on collection last month in anticipation of the base game appearing with GWG. It cost me $20.99 + tax.
FireDrake007
FireDrake007
Posted on 02 August 19 at 19:12
Dark Death 90 said:
Bought Torchlight like seven years ago and never got around to playing it. Oh well. laugh
I played the Torchlight demo back in 2014. I finally get to finish it with gwg.
FireDrake007
FireDrake007
Posted on 02 August 19 at 19:16
jasonlc3221 said:
The Wet Chef said:
jasonlc3221 said:
Elite1111111111 said:
I NVIII I said:
Elite1111111111 said:
Make sure you folks buy the Forza 6 DLC (it will likely go on sale) since all the Forza 6 stuff will likely be delisted after the GWG period. It happened for the previous 3 Forza Games.

Good month although hopefully the Castlevania DLC goes on sale.
Fucking hope they put them on sale though, pretty sure they are some hefty priced dlcs
The Forza DLCs frequently go on sale for $5, and I believe with the last Forza delisted (Horizon 2) the DLC did go on sale right before the delist. Not seeing any recent sales for the Castlevania DLC though, unfortunately.
Not exactly. Check the last time the Porsche DLC went on sale
The ALL DLC pack whas on sale just a couple of weeks ago.
Yeah, for like $40-some bucks because it included the base game. Defeats the purpose when I'm getting the base game for free
The All DLC pack should be on sale for $20 again soon. I bought it a few weeks ago in anticipation for it appearing with GWG. Like they did with FH2, they usually have that all dlc collection on sale again a short time before it gets delisted.
The S bot 9000
Posted on 02 August 19 at 21:59
Glad I never impulse bough GoW4, did play it on gamepass though so now hopefully I can get a 4 player group of friends to run through that, so far, awful campaignlaugh.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 02 August 19 at 22:08
The S bot 9000 said:
Glad I never impulse bough GoW4, did play it on gamepass though so now hopefully I can get a 4 player group of friends to run through that, so far, awful campaignlaugh.
Two player only (Just to make it all worse laugh).
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
GoyetteQC
GoyetteQC
Posted on 03 August 19 at 12:10
Already have Gears 4 and Forza 6 and I'm pretty far into both but not having to switch discs for these two is gonna quite the time saver. Planned on buying LoS and LoS2 at some point as well. All in all, pretty decent month after all the previous so-so months this year.
[Insert signature here.]
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 03 August 19 at 20:00
CONKER1182 said:
MustangNights said:
Anyone looking to download GoW4 enjoy the insanely repeats and spending 600hours to complete
laugh No thanks. The time it took to complete Gears of war 2 Japan was long enough for me (plus having to deal with the most toxic boosting community I've ever had to deal with on TA. The Gears of war games tend to have toxic boosting communities on TA).
Sorry to hear that.

Boosting Gears is what brought me to TA all those years ago. And the people I met are still my friends today.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 03 August 19 at 20:05, Edited on 03 August 19 at 20:06 by HolyHalfDead
FireDrake007 said:
I just wanted to mention that you get to receive a free gilded weapon skin for Gears 4 and 5 by earning an achievement in each of the other Gears titles by September 2nd.

Unlock one achievement in every Gears game (1,2,3,4, Ulimate Edition, Judgement) by Sep 2.

____

Apparently all achievements are retroactive so if you have gained those in the past, they work as well.
Thanks for the info.

But I’m not playing any more Gears games unless I can get 19 more achievements in Gears 4.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
EuphoricRebel
Posted on 04 August 19 at 16:52
Don't care for Forza games but this is a great GWG month!
halohogg
halohogg
Posted on 08 August 19 at 13:05, Edited on 08 August 19 at 13:08 by halohogg
And I just remembered I've been redeeming Forza Rewards weekly for a long time now, just waiting for the day to cash in. I'm in the money!!!! I'll be owning a full garage of Lambo's from day 1. I might be able to push up to Tier 10 with an FM6 completion (my completion means ~80%).
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 08 August 19 at 14:48
For some reason, I didn't have nearly as many "free gift" messages waiting for me in my inbox when I started Forza Motorsport 6 compared to when I started Forza Horizon 3. I find that weird, especially since Forza Motorsport 6 is a year older and I've just started it, so I had a lot more time to gather money. Don't know what happened, but it's disappointing.
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
halohogg
halohogg
Posted on 08 August 19 at 15:05
Shinnizle said:
For some reason, I didn't have nearly as many "free gift" messages waiting for me in my inbox when I started Forza Motorsport 6 compared to when I started Forza Horizon 3. I find that weird, especially since Forza Motorsport 6 is a year older and I've just started it, so I had a lot more time to gather money. Don't know what happened, but it's disappointing.
I sure hope the Rewards have stacked up for me. I got a huge message list when I started FM5. The servers have to remain active until I can get to it though. Perhaps yours glitched on a server outage that had been happening over the past few years.

Also, I wish my Fast and Furious scores would actually be recognized. I've completed them all, complained to FMNet Support, and gotten no love. If they're going to track the scores on the Rewards page, they should at least work. I completed FM3 after F&F, and they worked fine.
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 08 August 19 at 15:12
It depends on what you mean by "completed". As far as I know, to get full scores for a game in Forza Hub, you need more than just all the gamerscore.
halohogg
halohogg
Posted on 09 August 19 at 12:35
Shinnizle said:
It depends on what you mean by "completed". As far as I know, to get full scores for a game in Forza Hub, you need more than just all the gamerscore.
Yes - days played, boards smashed, etc, etc. I accomplished all the required levels for Forza Hub on F&F and it still will not update my stats and Tier movement. FMNet Support just says they no longer support their older titles.
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 09 August 19 at 15:12
Well, that sucks then. But I'm not too surprised, because of their history. At this point, it almost feels like a guarantee that Forza Motorsport 6 will have server issues once it officially hit GWG, just like the other Forza games that were in this situation.
FireDrake007
FireDrake007
Posted yesterday at 07:47
I didn't realize that Castlevania Lords of Shadow provides so many TA points (2,373). Even though I already have the Ultimate edition on PC, I am tempted to claim and play it on my Xbox One X as well.
FireDrake007
FireDrake007
Posted yesterday at 07:54, Edited yesterday at 07:56 by FireDrake007
HolyHalfDead said:
FireDrake007 said:

____

Thanks for the info.

But I’m not playing any more Gears games unless I can get 19 more achievements in Gears 4.
Here are all rewards and bonus content unlocked if the challenges(total of 11) are fulfilled before September 2nd.

https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/road-to-gears-5
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.