Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Games with Gold Revealed for August 2019

AuthorMessage
spankyNspronkle
Posted on 30 July 19 at 16:26
Already have the Xbox One titles... the 360 ones are new for my backlog though!
ScoPhibes
ScoPhibes
Lords of Shadow was a great, under-appreciated game. Solid.
KenH2k4
KenH2k4
Glad I passed on Castlevania in sales and I knew FM6 would eventually be here. Not glad I preordered Gears 4 and have barely played it, along with essentially Bean Diving Torchlight. This is still a solid month quality wise (even though I was super disappointed with Gears).
rumandcokeslurp
Posted on 30 July 19 at 16:27
I've never played Torchlight or that Castlevania. Of course the other 2 are great but I played them ages ago.
Rob
JungAndReckless
Posted on 30 July 19 at 16:29
Xbox one sucks this month, not sure about 360.
BMann1976
BMann1976
Posted on 30 July 19 at 16:30
Why not Forza 7? These GWG need to be more recent titles.
VictimOfDesire
Posted on 30 July 19 at 16:31
Just so you all know, Forza 6's servers have been down since 7/23. With this news breaking, it makes me hopeful that that they were down in preparation for it going free in a few days, but all online achievements have been unobtainable for the last week now. I've been checking every day to see if they're back up, so hopefully they're back come August.
BORNST3LLAR
BORNST3LLAR
Posted on 30 July 19 at 16:32
Will you going to make a news about how gain the gears 5 bonuses playing gears 4?
Alwindb
Alwindb
meh
JungAndReckless
SilentRich69 said:
Proud Dad MCAL said:
Forza Motorsport 6 has ended “end of life status”

And gears? Don’t add a game like that from game pass!

Will pick up Castlevania
Not everybody pays for gamepass. At least with it going on GWG people can now own the game forever without having to pay the monthly fee.
Everyone should have gamepass due to the $1 conversion program. I think it's a fair criticism.
Mr Peanutbubber
Posted on 30 July 19 at 16:33
Cool, three games I don't own or have access to. Glad people who don't have GoW 4 through Game Pass can try it out before 5 releases. I've enjoyed my short time with it.

Always happy to through more games on the backlog.
"What is this...a crossover episode?!"
SweetArkhane
SweetArkhane
Posted on 30 July 19 at 16:33
Not the Ultimate Edition of FM6???!
Drew#9266
Drew
Posted on 30 July 19 at 16:34
I noticed Gears 4 has about 30 partially discontinued/unobtainable achievements - what's up with that? Should I not start the game - is it impossible to get those achievements?
KingyOwl
KingyOwl
AaronJamesx38 said:
What a pile of crap Gears 4 is game pass! Forza 6 is dead
How are people not realising that Microsoft has limited options for GwG now. All major publishers have or will soon have a subscription service (EA, Ubisoft, Microsoft) and want to keep their titles exclusive to those services. Old games, indies and first party titles are Microsoft's only options so people will moan every month because their desirability is niche.

If you want "free" current games from Microsoft, Game Pass is now the only way.
Darkroder92
121,650 121,650 GamerScore
Darkroder92
Finally good months for games with gold after 5 months of bad games so Forza motorsport 6 will be delisted soon ao thats why its free
$True Gaming $
Reina Watt
Reina Watt
Posted on 30 July 19 at 16:35
Gears 4 I care very little about, completed it back in late 2017 and was bored to tears through the entire series so I guess I can skip that. Already got, and completed 100%, Torchlight so that's an easy skip.
Forza 6 must be getting retired soon like Forza 5 was not long after it was a Games With Gold offer and I'm enjoying Forza Horizon 4 more any way, the Castlevania game sound interesting enough so I'll give that one a try.

Not great but better than previous months have been I guess, I'm sure there are some good ones there for others who have been interested and haven't tried any of the games yet.
Why get a life when as a gamer you live more lives than you can manage
Reborn Insanity
Torchlight is an easy completion. Fun game too.
See You Space Cowboy...
Mr Peanutbubber
JungAndReckless said:
SilentRich69 said:
Proud Dad MCAL said:
Forza Motorsport 6 has ended “end of life status”

And gears? Don’t add a game like that from game pass!

Will pick up Castlevania
Not everybody pays for gamepass. At least with it going on GWG people can now own the game forever without having to pay the monthly fee.
Everyone should have gamepass due to the $1 conversion program. I think it's a fair criticism.
You get 48 games a year via GwG. How many of those have also been on GP within the last year? I'm not certain of this info, but if it is above 50% I wouldn't be super happy, I guess.
xG I GeNoCiDeZ
Posted on 30 July 19 at 16:38
Good news my friend can keep playing gears 4 after his game pass subscription ends.

Stop complaining people this is much better than some golf game or Indy platformer
BudgetBallin360
Posted on 30 July 19 at 16:41
BMann1976 said:
Why not Forza 7? These GWG need to be more recent titles.
I agree. Forza 7 would've been much better
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.