Game Discussion: Burnout Paradise Forum

Cannot download it on my 360

AuthorMessage
SweetArkhane
SweetArkhane
Posted on 30 July 19 at 21:47
So, I need to plug in my Xbox Live Vision for those 2 achievements, but the game has been delisted from the store, it's way too far on my Download history (the one on the 360), and I get an error every time I try to scroll down the download history, any idea on how would I be able to get it?
DrSchlepenstein
Posted on 30 July 19 at 23:18
Doubt that you can at this point. As the game was removed from the store and it's servers are closing on August 1st. Your best bet is to quickly run out to your nearest used game store and pick up a copy as you pretty much have 1 day till those become unobtainable. Then get the achievements and return the game.

It was backwards compatible on the X1, you might be able to download it there and then plug the camera into one of the X1's USB ports. But at this point you might be S.O.L.
Yummy Baklava
Yummy Baklava
Posted on 30 July 19 at 23:32
DrSchlepenstein said:
, you might be able to download it there and then plug the camera into one of the X1's USB ports. But at this point you might be S.O.L.
The camera isn’t compatible with the XB1. You would think a software company would have made it possible somehow.
DrSchlepenstein
Posted on 31 July 19 at 00:00
Figured it would be since it's USB and when you load BC games, it loads the 360 OS software.
Msross
Msross
Posted on 31 July 19 at 06:14
the 360 BC isnt compatible with any 360 peripherals.

Guitars, camera, drum kits, etc

The reason being is because of the pass-through which would be required, which means the One would have to support it too... and because it doesnt, it wouldnt know how to pass-through to the 360 emulator.
SweetArkhane
SweetArkhane
Posted on 31 July 19 at 09:00
Finally managed to download it, I had to go very very slowly, because if it loads too many items, it will cause a network error.

I hate the 360 for this, at least on the PS3 it's way simpler (and we can still find the download history on the web) ><
Homunculus Fury
Posted on 31 July 19 at 18:21
Next time why not search on Xbox.com and download it that way make sure you are signed in on the site when you search or else it will tell you it isn't available.
SweetArkhane
SweetArkhane
Posted on 31 July 19 at 19:40
Homunculus Fury said:
Next time why not search on Xbox.com and download it that way make sure you are signed in on the site when you search or else it will tell you it isn't available.
It didn't work when I tried, game page was not showing the download option :/
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 01 August 19 at 18:22
Yummy Baklava said:
The camera isn’t compatible with the XB1. You would think a software company would have made it possible somehow.
Just because Microsoft can doesn't mean it's worth the effort. Very few backwards compatible games use the Vision camera.

Msross said:
the 360 BC isnt compatible with any 360 peripherals.

Guitars, camera, drum kits, etc

The reason being is because of the pass-through which would be required, which means the One would have to support it too... and because it doesnt, it wouldnt know how to pass-through to the 360 emulator.
Actually guitars and drum kits do work on One. Harmonix made a receiver for 360 instruments so you can use them for Rock Band 4. As far as I can tell, they also "work" as regular controllers outside of Rock Band (at least to the extent they worked for non-music games on 360, which was not well).

I also sort of remember Major Nelson announcing something about racing wheels a while back. But I don't remember if it was making 360 wheels compatible with One, or patching backwards compatible games so they'd work with One racing wheels.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.