Game Discussion: Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden

Seed of Evil in Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden achievements found

• Posted on 31 July 19 at 00:57Permalink
    15 bucks is kinda steep for this game tbh. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed the game, but I played it on game pass.
  • TheMaizeTheMaize1,220,134
    Posted on 31 July 19 at 01:51Permalink
    Im One To Envy said:
    15 bucks is kinda steep for this game tbh. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed the game, but I played it on game pass.
    Well..All DLC is discounted if the game is in gamepass. So it will still be cheaper for you.

Also. Weird argument you got there.
  • eohjayeohjay776,297
    Posted on 31 July 19 at 03:08Permalink
    TheMaize said:
    Im One To Envy said:
    Well..All DLC is discounted if the game is in gamepass. So it will still be cheaper for you.

Actually, that doesn't always hold true. This doesn't have the Game Pass discount. Neither does the Super Lucky's Tale DLCs IIRC. It's up to the publisher.
    Posted on 31 July 19 at 03:34, Edited on 31 July 19 at 03:41 by TheMaizePermalink
    eohjay said:
    TheMaize said:
    Im One To Envy said:

Actually, that doesn't always hold true. This doesn't have the Game Pass discount. Neither does the Super Lucky's Tale DLCs IIRC. It's up to the publisher.
    i haven't seen any examples, but I trust you might be right :o)

It USED to be a flat 15% discount on everything..but i can see that MS changed the wording in their faq's too.
    Now its UP TO 10% discount on DLC on day of release, and UP TO 20% discount 90+ days after release.

Super lucky tale DLC IS discounted 10% for gamepass holders though. And usualy the discounts dont get added before the actual release (and often 1 or 2 days after) So this might very well get the discount
  • Posted on 31 July 19 at 04:48Permalink
    TheMaize said:
    eohjay said:
    TheMaize said:
    Im One To Envy said:

It USED to be a flat 15% discount on everything..but i can see that MS changed the wording in their faq's too.
    Now its UP TO 10% discount on DLC on day of release, and UP TO 20% discount 90+ days after release.

Super lucky tale DLC IS discounted 10% for gamepass holders though. And usualy the discounts dont get added before the actual release (and often 1 or 2 days after) So this might very well get the discount
    Slight misread on the FAQ: DLC can be 10% off, starting on day of release. Games that release on to Game Pass are not discounted for the first 30 days, can be 10% off for days 31-90, and then can be 20% off after 90 days. That has been the tiers since the program first launch, outside maybe the tiering on game releases (I believe it was initially 30 days and then 20% off initially, but I could have just missed the tiering in my own reading). As far as I know, they never used a 15% off for anything.

Super Lucky's Tale DLC was actually not included in the 10% off until very recently (I think during the launch of Game Pass Ultimate). Previously the only the game had been discounted, not the DLC. Ultimately the publisher does make the call whether discounts would apply to their products, but I'm guessing Microsoft gives them enough incentives so effectively everyone participates.
    Posted on 31 July 19 at 04:54, Edited on 31 July 19 at 04:58 by TheMaizePermalink
    xPut Name Herex said:
    TheMaize said:
    eohjay said:
    TheMaize said:
    Im One To Envy said:

Slight misread on the FAQ: DLC can be 10% off, starting on day of release. Games that release on to Game Pass are not discounted for the first 30 days, can be 10% off for days 31-90, and then can be 20% off after 90 days. That has been the tiers since the program first launch, outside maybe the tiering on game releases (I believe it was initially 30 days and then 20% off initially, but I could have just missed the tiering in my own reading). As far as I know, they never used a 15% off for anything.

Super Lucky's Tale DLC was actually not included in the 10% off until very recently (I think during the launch of Game Pass Ultimate). Previously the only the game had been discounted, not the DLC. Ultimately the publisher does make the call whether discounts would apply to their products, but I'm guessing Microsoft gives them enough incentives so effectively everyone participates.
    No im not mixing up anything, i read it exactly as you explain it :o) that is why i highlighted "up to"
    And started the whole reply with "i havent seen any examples, but i trust you might be right"

Im not disagreeing with him at all. Im just saying that even if the discount doesnt show yet, it could very well be added around release.
  • igor5618igor56181,306,371
    Posted on 31 July 19 at 07:47, Edited on 31 July 19 at 07:54 by igor5618Permalink
    Anyone know how to start DLC? Loaded my last right before ending but nothing happens after credits also tried go back to map before trigering ending but new area isn't showing.
    Resistance is Futile =/\=.
  • fireizfireiz433,239
    Posted on 31 July 19 at 08:48Permalink
    any news for a fix for the unlocking all achievements achievement?
    Have no fear, Amjad is here
  • eohjayeohjay776,297
    Posted on 31 July 19 at 12:12, Edited on 31 July 19 at 12:14 by eohjayPermalink
    fireiz said:
    I didn't download the DLC, but I did download the patch (8GB) that was released for the vanilla game at the same time as the DLC. I'm assuming it's all of the DLC files and purchasing it just unlocks it.

I boot up the game hoping to see my glitched achievement pop and nothing happened. Loaded a save, made a new save, and navigated into the achievement on the Xbox interface. Nothing.

I haven't tried unlocking DLC achievements to see if that increases progress on it, but so far it doesn't seem like it was fixed. I really hope someone proves me wrong, though.

Made a new post looking for information about it on the publishers forums

https://forums.funcom.com/t/bug-pc-in-steam-the-last-achieve...

but, they aren't very responsive and TBH, given their previous record, I don't expect anything to come of it.
  • fireizfireiz433,239
    Posted on 31 July 19 at 17:13Permalink
    eohjay said:
    fireiz said:
    I didn't download the DLC, but I did download the patch (8GB) that was released for the vanilla game at the same time as the DLC. I'm assuming it's all of the DLC files and purchasing it just unlocks it.

I boot up the game hoping to see my glitched achievement pop and nothing happened. Loaded a save, made a new save, and navigated into the achievement on the Xbox interface. Nothing.

I haven't tried unlocking DLC achievements to see if that increases progress on it, but so far it doesn't seem like it was fixed. I really hope someone proves me wrong, though.

Made a new post looking for information about it on the publishers forums

https://forums.funcom.com/t/bug-pc-in-steam-the-last-achieve...

but, they aren't very responsive and TBH, given their previous record, I don't expect anything to come of it.
    what a shame :(
    Have no fear, Amjad is here
  • AgentZachMorganAgentZachMorgan1,462,523
    Posted on 31 July 19 at 17:32Permalink
    On twitter they said it was working now. Bullshit it is. Bought and installed the dlc and it refuses to acknowledge I have it, a few others are having the same problem. It might have something do to with playing it via Game Pass. They just keep saying they will "look into it".
    I came here to eat donuts and drink coffee... and I'm all out of donuts.
  • eohjayeohjay776,297
    Posted on 31 July 19 at 18:02Permalink
    They has been there answer for everything since release. I loved the game, but the developers and community relations have been utter shit.

Numerous technical issues across all version of the base game were never fixed.

The game launched on PC Gamepass in a terrible state that caused save losses, if you could even get it to play.

The DLC launch on Xbox is screwed up. Most people can't access it despite having paid for it.

The Nintendo Switch version graphic's are apparently absolutely terrible in handheld mode. They released a graphical fix yesterday, users claim is doesn't do shit and the game still looks horrible and nothing like the store screenshots. They're response is that they won't be doing anything further for graphical improvements.

PS4 was promised the DLC same day as Xbox, but it changed (on release day) to sometime in the future.

I was originally just following it all as I was salty about my glitched achievement, but as the time went on I'm basically just rubbernecking because of the train wreck that everything they seem to do is.
  • ccliffy90ccliffy90979,965
    Posted on 02 August 19 at 14:32Permalink
    My favourite game of the year, loved it but I also have the glitches achievement and their response to this and other issues has been pathetic.

Don’t know why Microsoft don’t get involved with publishers etc as once it hits their systems they start getting some heat and blame aswell
  • igor5618igor56181,306,371
    Posted on 02 August 19 at 16:06Permalink
    I hope at least they work on DLC compability. This was one of my favourite games of last year, since it was free in Gamepass I wanted at least give them my money for DLC instead got only slap in tha face and can't enjoy it.
    Resistance is Futile =/\=.
  • Posted on 02 August 19 at 21:47Permalink
    Sure would be nice to play it after giving them 14.99 for it.
    Posted on 03 August 19 at 18:17, Edited on 03 August 19 at 18:17 by AgentZachMorganPermalink
    After a day of silence a small update https://twitter.com/MYZRoadToEden/status/1157704341610016769. Basically it's all Microsoft's fault don't blame us lol. Fucking shambles.
  • jc coldingjc colding1,370,736
  • spacedvest2spacedvest2699,137
    Posted on 05 August 19 at 03:41Permalink
    DLC will start, but game crashes every time I change regions. Ughhh
    Posted on 05 August 19 at 11:50Permalink
    This is beyond a joke. It has crashed about 8 times and now it's impossible to continue because every time i try to use the Ark lift it crashes yet again.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.