Game Discussion: Burnout Paradise Forum

Cops and Robbers

AuthorMessage
ThreeHaddock62
Posted on 31 July 19 at 03:11, Edited on 31 July 19 at 04:10 by ThreeHaddock62
Hi all,

Has anyone had trouble starting up Cops and Robbers? I've tried several times this summer, and with the shutdown a day away... I'm getting frustrated. I've followed the DLC guide, and I'm only given the option to race. I have the DLC installed (Driving a cop car) and my Dummy has the DLC installed on XB1. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance.

Edit: Tried the remastered version and I'm having the same problem. Can't find how to start CnR...help?
Hola
Korewahondes
Korewahondes
Posted on 31 July 19 at 09:47
It's a little bit hidden in the menu I think, but I can't check right now. I think it should be in Online Freeroam though. Start a online freeroam and have your dummy join join your session. Then check the options available on d-pad.
Transcending history, and the world, a tale of souls and swords, eternally retold.
lightsup55
lightsup55
Posted on 31 July 19 at 14:22
Full guide on how to start a Cops & Robbers online multiplayer match:

Load up Burnout Paradise and press the Start button cn_start.
Press the A button cn_A to continue past the screen about the autosave feature.
The game will now check for updates and connect to the Burnout Paradise servers.
Press the Start button cn_start.

Select your vehicle (instructions for using the default vehicle):
From the main menu, highlight "Enter Paradise City" and press the A button cn_A to select.
From the VEHICLE SELECT menu, highlight "Paradise Cars" and press the A button cn_A to select.
The HUNTER CAVALRY is the default vehicle. Press the A button cn_A to continue. (You can actually pick any car as each one has a police cruiser variant of it.)
You can customize the PAINT FINISH, PAINT TYPE, AND PAINT COLOR if you desire. Press the A button cn_A to continue and enter offline Freeburn.
You should now be able to drive around Paradise City offline without interaction with other players.

Start a Freeburn Online session:
Press D-pad right cn_right to access online shortcuts
Highlight "Freeburn Online" and press D-pad right cn_right

To make your Freeburn Online session invite-only (recommended):
Press D-pad right cn_right to access online shortcuts.
Highlight "Choose Access" and press D-pad right cn_right.
Highlight "Invite Only" and press D-pad right cn_right.

Invite your friend (must be on your Xbox 360 friend list):
Press D-pad right cn_right to access online shortcuts.
Highlight "Friends" and press D-pad right cn_right.
Highlight [gamertag] and press D-pad right cn_right.
Highlight "Invite" and press D-pad right cn_right.
Your friend's game invite will show up in the Xbox 360 Guide.

You can alternatively invite the other player from the Xbox Guide cn_guide (Xbox 360 console only).

You might need to ensure you have at least 2 players in the Online Freeburn before continuing.

Highlight "Freeburn Game" and press D-pad right cn_right
Highlight "Cops & Robbers" and press D-pad right cn_right
You should now be able to change the number of rounds, host car lock (prevents anyone from using any car other than the one the host has picked), turn on/off traffic, and even change teams using D-pad right cn_right.

Please note that there must be at least 1 cop and 1 robber on each team to start the match. If there are only 2 players and one player changes teams, make sure that the other player changes teams as well or you will not be able to start the match.

You can start or cancel the match by pressing D-pad right cn_right.

Instructions are displayed on-screen for all players. If you return the gold (either as a cop or robber), you'll unlock 2 achievements in one go. Change teams to play and unlock the other achievement. Someone will need to get and return the gold for your team.

NOTE: If you are playing Burnout Paradise on your Xbox One console, open the Xbox Guide by pressing the View button cn_back and Menu cn_start button at the same time. You need to do this to accept and/or send game invites (including friend requests) when playing an Xbox 360 game on Xbox One.

Hope that helps.
ThreeHaddock62
Posted on 31 July 19 at 18:47
lightsup55 said:
Full guide on how to start a Cops & Robbers online multiplayer match:

Hope that helps.
That did it, THANK YOU so much!!!
Hola
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.