Game Discussion: Thief of Thieves Forum

Achievement order/ Roadmap thing, hope it helps

AuthorMessage
TangerineGamer
TangerineGamer
Posted on 31 July 19 at 19:58, Edited on 17 October 19 at 10:33 by TangerineGamer
Hi all,

This isn't a walkthrough by any means, but going through the volumes of this game I looked into each achievement's solution and came up with an order in which to do them in so I guess you could call it a roadmap.

Anyway, I will simply list the order in which I went for the achievements and links to the solutions of those. I used the guides here on TA and most have both a text and a video in them so you can chose your preferred method to follow.

VOLUME 1

ACT 1
Follow the beginning part of Dang3R Gaming 's solution for Party Pooper, as you can see you will be coming back to this solution a couple of times for the options needed in the interview/interrogation sections
Dang3R Gaming Thief of Thieves Party Pooper Dang3R Gaming's solution for the Party Pooper Achievement in Thief of ThievesRan into a complication.

ACT 2
Thief of ThievesAttention to DetailThe Attention to Detail achievement in Thief of Thieves worth 23 pointsPaid attention to relevant details.

ACT 3
Thief of ThievesJust Be YourselfThe Just Be Yourself achievement in Thief of Thieves worth 52 pointsTook the direct approach.

ACT4
Thief of ThievesHands off me!The Hands off me! achievement in Thief of Thieves worth 41 pointsConfronted a mean drunk.

**LOAD CHECKPOINT

Now follow the guide for Pool Party and you will get Drinks by the Pool and Easy Access
Thief of ThievesPool PartyThe Pool Party achievement in Thief of Thieves worth 39 pointsTook an unexpected dip.

*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

**Quit game, select Volume 1 Act 3
Following the video guide (this is the one I used at least) for Clean Getaway will also get you Chlorine Jockey
Thief of ThievesClean GetawayThe Clean Getaway achievement in Thief of Thieves worth 31 pointsPerformed a clean heist.

**After Act 4 finishes quit game and select Volume 1 Act 3 again
This time following the video guide for Smashing! will net you the achievement for Bon Appetit as well
Thief of ThievesSmashing!The Smashing! achievement in Thief of Thieves worth 51 pointsBroke on through to the other side.

VOLUME 2

ACT 2
For this I believe the text guide and the video guide under the La De Dah solution net you all the available achievements in this act and set you up for Sans Armes Ni Haine Ni Violence in Act 4

When looking at the photos on the wall for the Bromance achievement make sure you press cn_X again (until you can't any more) to ensure you have hit the trigger for the Act 4 achievement setup

Thief of ThievesLa De DahThe La De Dah achievement in Thief of Thieves worth 49 pointsImpressed a sceptic.

ACT 3
**Respond with “What a dump” when you arrive at the villa**
Thief of ThievesSocial AwarenessThe Social Awareness achievement in Thief of Thieves worth 60 pointsCaught a chronic case of foot-in-mouth disease.

Thief of ThievesLifelong LearningThe Lifelong Learning achievement in Thief of Thieves worth 48 pointsYou weren't showing off, you're just that good.

ACT 4
Thief of ThievesUnderestimated HerThe Underestimated Her achievement in Thief of Thieves worth 60 pointsWere too witty for your own good.

Thief of ThievesSans armes, ni haine, ni violence.The Sans armes, ni haine, ni violence. achievement in Thief of Thieves worth 57 pointsRefrained from base thuggery.

The Underestimated Her guide mentions the response needed in the interaction with the agent, however I think you should follow the solution mentioned at the start of this post for all of these interactions
Dang3R Gaming Thief of Thieves Party Pooper Dang3R Gaming's solution for the Party Pooper Achievement in Thief of ThievesRan into a complication.

ACT 5
Thief of Thieves...Now You Don'tThe ...Now You Don't achievement in Thief of Thieves worth 53 pointsErased the evidence of discressions past.

Thief of ThievesWaltzing InThe Waltzing In achievement in Thief of Thieves worth 57 pointsTook the direct approach.

Thief of ThievesLeap of FaithThe Leap of Faith achievement in Thief of Thieves worth 50 pointsIs this what they call dumpster diving?

VOLUME 3

ACT 1
The first act of this volume gave me the most issues, mainly because the AI gets stuck in doorways and don't path correctly as a result. The only way I could unstick them was to get seen, outrun them and either hide or loop around to get past them and then hide if necessary, basically good luck I found it to be a pain. Below is the order I went for them in.
Thief of ThievesPsycho ContainmentThe Psycho Containment achievement in Thief of Thieves worth 64 pointsCaged a beast.

**Pause, Restart

Thief of ThievesNerd LockerThe Nerd Locker achievement in Thief of Thieves worth 58 pointsTook out a cog from Pavoni's plan.

Thief of ThievesI've Got ThisThe I've Got This achievement in Thief of Thieves worth 60 pointsWho needs experts when they have you?

**Don't actually pick up the case, you may be able to just load the checkpoint if you don't. I picked it up and had to restart, if you have to restart just do the same thing again up to opening the safe and go for Delegate instead
Thief of ThievesDelegateThe Delegate achievement in Thief of Thieves worth 66 pointsLet a teammate do their thing.

Thief of ThievesHer Mentor's VoiceThe Her Mentor's Voice achievement in Thief of Thieves worth 58 pointsDid a little side-job.

Thief of ThievesExtreme SportsThe Extreme Sports achievement in Thief of Thieves worth 59 pointsCaught some air.

**Quit, select Volume 3 Act 1
Thief of ThievesThe Big BluffThe The Big Bluff achievement in Thief of Thieves worth 67 pointsTalked your way through it.

Thief of ThievesWroom!The Wroom! achievement in Thief of Thieves worth 63 pointsPlayed in the snow.

**Quit, select Volume 3 Act 1
Thief of ThievesYoink!The Yoink! achievement in Thief of Thieves worth 65 pointsDid the good old bump'n'grab.

ACT 2
Thief of ThievesCloser LookThe Closer Look achievement in Thief of Thieves worth 62 pointsTook in the scenery.

Thief of ThievesSafety regulationsThe Safety regulations achievement in Thief of Thieves worth 64 pointsDidn't listen to a pro.

ACT 3
Thief of ThievesComing in Hot!The Coming in Hot! achievement in Thief of Thieves worth 59 pointsData theft, the analog way.

Thief of ThievesIn MemoriamThe In Memoriam achievement in Thief of Thieves worth 59 pointsSuffered a loss.

Another interaction with the agent, so again follow the solution I have mentioned before:

**We will be coming back to Volume 3 Act 3 a couple of times as the way this volume ends effects what happens and what achievements you can get in Volume 4**

VOLUME 4

Through out this volume make sure to say mean stuff about the new girl, disagree with her being there and whatever she says or plans she suggests (may not be necessary but you might as well just in case)

ACT 2
After following the guide posted for the interactions with the agent you should get this one finally
Thief of ThievesParty PooperThe Party Pooper achievement in Thief of Thieves worth 75 pointsRan into a complication.

Then just continue to follow the posted solutions for the rest of these as you have done before
Thief of ThievesIt's on Now!The It's on Now! achievement in Thief of Thieves worth 71 pointsRevealed a phony.

Thief of ThievesUpgraded AccessThe Upgraded Access achievement in Thief of Thieves worth 63 pointsDiversified your options.

ACT 3
Thief of ThievesDropped the BallThe Dropped the Ball achievement in Thief of Thieves worth 67 pointsThat escalated quickly.

**LOAD CHECKPOINT

Thief of ThievesCustomer ServiceThe Customer Service achievement in Thief of Thieves worth 71 pointsMade an employee go above and beyond.

ACT 4
Thief of ThievesTeam of OneThe Team of One achievement in Thief of Thieves worth 71 pointsTrusted yourself.

**LOAD CHECKPOINT AND PICK SONIA – needed for an achievement in Act 5

Thief of ThievesGood RiddanceThe Good Riddance achievement in Thief of Thieves worth 72 pointsI knew it, can't trust a druggie.

Thief of ThievesFlotsamThe Flotsam achievement in Thief of Thieves worth 65 pointsTook out the trash.

ACT 5
Thief of ThievesJust passing through!The Just passing through! achievement in Thief of Thieves worth 73 pointsNo time for disguises.

Thief of ThievesStraight UpThe Straight Up achievement in Thief of Thieves worth 75 pointsWent straight on up.

**Finish game, load Volume 3 Act 3
Thief of ThievesWhat's Next?The What's Next? achievement in Thief of Thieves worth 243 pointsTime to change the scenery!

**Continue through to Volume 4 Act 1
Thief of ThievesNot made for thisThe Not made for this achievement in Thief of Thieves worth 75 pointsGave some life saving advice.

**Quit, select Volume 3 Act 3
Thief of ThievesHard EvidenceThe Hard Evidence achievement in Thief of Thieves worth 66 pointsPlayed a trump card.

Thief of Thieves...And Off She GoesThe ...And Off She Goes achievement in Thief of Thieves worth 61 pointsGot rid of a nosy pest.

**Continue through to Volume 4 Act 2
Thief of ThievesPlan BThe Plan B achievement in Thief of Thieves worth 71 pointsFollowed your mentor's lead.

Full 1000GS in mostly 18GS increments for no apparent reason

Any issues with this or if you have questions let me know and I'll try my best to answer them if the solutions don't

Enjoy dance
Yours sincerely, TG
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 31 July 19 at 20:10
Sounds really good! I might finally start this dance
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
ChewieOnIce
ChewieOnIce
Posted on 05 August 19 at 14:31
Holy moly, this is really useful and exactly what I've been looking for. I'm still only early into the game so can easily restart for Party Pooper. If I hadn't realised that I'd have probably ruined my chance at getting it efficiently. Thank you!
@ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
angelsk
angelsk
Posted on 09 August 19 at 18:16
TangerineGamer said:
This isn't a walkthrough by any means, but going through the volumes of this game I looked into each achievements solution and came up with an order in which to do them in so I guess you could call it a roadmap
Enjoy dance
You are a life saver :) Thank you.
Lakeshow
Lakeshow
Posted on 21 August 19 at 04:35
This Roadmap was perfect. Was avoiding this game because of uneven achievements and fear of not getting them all, but this worked flawlessly. Great job organizing everything.
TangerineGamer
TangerineGamer
Posted on 21 August 19 at 09:20
Thanks for the feedback everyone, glad it helped.

Was going to do the same when I was playing Outer Wilds but that got to be too much pretty quickly
Yours sincerely, TG
Young Yeetman
Young Yeetman
Posted on 29 August 19 at 04:23
Commented for later use. Thanks for this!
SabenRothschild
Posted on 31 August 19 at 10:33
This was so useful - cheers, dude toast
Throni360
Throni360
Posted on 28 September 19 at 16:15
Great guide!
Ahayzo
Ahayzo
Posted on 29 September 19 at 17:16
Just finished Vol. 3 and this guide is on point! Thanks a lot Tangerine!
#mentallypudding The artist formerly known as alklein92201
donkeyshow530
donkeyshow530
Posted on 08 October 19 at 22:50
Anyone have an estimated time to complete for using this guide/ method?
TangerineGamer
TangerineGamer
Posted on 09 October 19 at 14:27, Edited on 09 October 19 at 14:27 by TangerineGamer
donkeyshow530 said:
Anyone have an estimated time to complete for using this guide/ method?
Volume 1 2-3 hours, due to the amount of replays
Volume 2 1-2 hours
Volume 3 2-3 hours, due to stupid AI and having to replay for different choices
Volume 4 2-3 hours, due to length and having to replay for different choices

Roughly 10 ish hours
Yours sincerely, TG
CheshireMulisha
Posted on 16 October 19 at 11:54
Great work!

Was just starting to make some notes myself to try and structure this game but you've already put the effort in and saved me plenty of time!
Mr Peanutbubber
Posted on 16 October 19 at 15:10
Awesome, thanks for this. Also commenting for future reference since this is leaving Game Pass soon! toast
EarthboundX
EarthboundX
Posted on 17 October 19 at 03:23
Hmm, saw some comment says you can complete entire volumes in 5-10 minutes once you know what to do, guess I'll just play normally, then come back to the achievements I missed after.
Throni360
Throni360
Posted on 17 October 19 at 07:50
EarthboundX said:
Hmm, saw some comment says you can complete entire volumes in 5-10 minutes once you know what to do,
That's bullshit. Much stuff is at the end of chapters and you have sometimes long sneaking scenes before that. And the Party Pooper set-up will take almost an entire walkthrough if you mess up at one point.
ChewieOnIce
ChewieOnIce
Posted on 17 October 19 at 08:11
Throni360 said:
EarthboundX said:
Hmm, saw some comment says you can complete entire volumes in 5-10 minutes once you know what to do,
That's bullshit. Much stuff is at the end of chapters and you have sometimes long sneaking scenes before that. And the Party Pooper set-up will take almost an entire walkthrough if you mess up at one point.
Yeh definitely not entire volumes. Some scenes, sure, but not many. It’s those missables like Party Pooper and the ones relating to your choices at the end of the third volume which you also need to look out for if you want to minimise replays.
@ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
EarthboundX
EarthboundX
Posted on 17 October 19 at 08:31, Edited on 17 October 19 at 08:34 by EarthboundX
ChewieOnIce said:
Throni360 said:
EarthboundX said:
Yeh definitely not entire volumes. Some scenes, sure, but not many. It’s those missables like Party Pooper and the ones relating to your choices at the end of the third volume which you also need to look out for if you want to minimise replays.
After playing a bit and getting to Act 4 in Volume 1, I decided against that plan, game doesn't seem worth that. It's not terrible, I like the presentation and voice acting, but there's nothing exceptional about the game enough for another full run.

So I'll just be following this road map from now on.
DinoSuitGirl
DinoSuitGirl
Posted on 17 October 19 at 12:09
not the worst game I've played but definitely not anything to write home about. Thanks for this list it would have been a nightmare without!

I must bitch about the obscenely long load times and the weird way the gamerscore is broken up. And having to unfreeze my console TWICE and separately re-load a checkpoint 8 times to get the dumbfuck AI out of the elevator.... other than that it was tolerable
JJCabral
JJCabral
Posted on 17 October 19 at 18:56
Man, thank you very much for this. Great summary and a quick 1000g! toast
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.