TA Playlist Forum

Messageboard for all things TA Playlist

Borderlands 2 Discussion - Spoiler Free

AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 01 August 19 at 00:00
Welcome back to another TA Playlist month. Use this thread to ask questions about Borderlands 2, report in as you make your way through the game for the first time, and otherwise keep it all spoiler-free in here.
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 01 August 19 at 15:13
Quick question as I’ll be playing the first game soon. What order should I play the other two? I’ve read stay in order they were made so 2 and then the pre-sequel for story reasons. I’ve also read play the pre-sequel before the 2nd game because once you play the 2nd you’ll hate the controls of the pre-sequel.
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 01 August 19 at 18:50
You'll hate Pre-Sequel no matter what laugh I say play them in the order they came out.
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
CRUM LEE
CRUM LEE
Posted on 01 August 19 at 18:52
Feel free to shoot me a message if you want to group up and play!
Ginn0rz
Ginn0rz
Posted on 01 August 19 at 19:41
This game just would - not - die.

Fun for first 15 - 20 hours, then outstayed its welcome by another 50.
SquidCzy
SquidCzy
Posted on 01 August 19 at 22:43
Having not played any Borderlands previously, how vital is jumping onto Borderlands 1 before this for story continuity?
JeDiMlnDTrlcks
Posted on 01 August 19 at 22:46
I have yet to tip my toes into the Borderlands series, but I will once more of my grinds are done.
DubstepEdgelord
Posted on 01 August 19 at 22:47
Still gotta play this on 360. Maybe one day. For some reason I don't seem to be enjoying myself nearly as much as others.
DubstepEdgelord
Armstrong x360a
Posted on 01 August 19 at 22:49
Playing as the Gunzerker has been fun so far.

Overall it seems like more of the same fetch quests from BL 1 with a bit more story/dialogue though... not sure this type of game is for me.
BigTymer2047
BigTymer2047
Posted on 02 August 19 at 02:13
Best. Game. Ever! My absolute favorite! Can't wait for 3!
Musikfreak007
Musikfreak007
Posted on 02 August 19 at 02:42
For those curious to jump in for the story, it makes sense to play Borderlands, then Borderlands 2, then the Pre-Sequel. The Pre-Sequel being last is because it was made to broaden the story of 2, even though it happens before chronologically.

THAT SAID, you can play 2 without knowing the story of the first game. They do a pretty good job of filling you in. If you're going to play a single Borderlands game, it might as well be BL2 (you know, and also for TA Playlists...)
TymanTheLong
TymanTheLong
Posted on 02 August 19 at 03:55
For those asking, I agree the proper play order is:

1) (very optional) Borderlands
2) Borderlands 2 (seriously, you can figure out what happened in the first one with what you learn in 2)
3) The Pre-Sequel (be aware that playing as certain characters in this one can fundamentally alter your experience)

Other info for series newbies:
If you cannot decide what characters to play in each, here’s the good all around choices:

Borderlands: Lilith, she is crazy good
Borderlands 2: Gauge or Gunzerker if you want pure damage dealer, avoid Krieg or Zer0 for your first playthrough
Pre-Sequel: Athena

Borderlands games are incredibly uneven, be aware that until you get enough skill points to access your synergies and key abilities you’ll suck and die a lot, once you’ve hit level 30 your options open up a lot.

Borderlands 2 DLCs: you’ll know you’ve entered a DLC area if Marcus launches into one of his “Once Upon a Time” speeches. Two you can play anytime really, the Pirate one and Torg’s Campaign of Carnage pretty much anytime (best to play Torg’s after you meet Tiny Tina in the main campaign). Hammerlocks Big Game Hunt you should wait until you’re very geared and have a solid build, the enemies are effectively way harder. The big one, though, is Tiny tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep, play that one whenever the game is driving you otherwise crazy, but only after completing the main campaign. It’s by far the best, both in story and gameplay. The enemies are relatively difficult in this one as well.

Happy vault hunting, Vault Hunters!
TymanTheLong
TymanTheLong
Posted on 02 August 19 at 04:00
Oh elements:

Fire: for Flesh (Red Health bars)
Electricity: for shields, will also chew through armor in a pinch.
Corrosive: for armor (yellow health bars)
Slag: makes everything do more damage
Explosive: for fun!!! (Seriously though, these weapons have some drawbacks but they’re generally pretty good against everything things)

Chance to apply elemental effects is pretty key, definitely look for that in guns and in various skills in your chosen class.

You get unlimited Badass points, their benefits just start to drop off. Put them into whatever you think is best.
WilliamRSPOA
WilliamRSPOA
Posted on 02 August 19 at 04:50
I will be going for my second completion and don't know if I go with Gaige or Krieg, any suggestions?
TymanTheLong
TymanTheLong
Posted on 02 August 19 at 05:08
WilliamRSPOA said:
I will be going for my second completion and don't know if I go with Gaige or Krieg, any suggestions?
Krieg is really fun to play, but you have to play aggressively. Gauge is way better at hanging back. Everything being equal I’d say Krieg is more fun, but there are times when it sucks to be throwing your buzzsaw and you don’t have much that buffs your guns. You can be pretty close to full time ultimate at some point after level 35 or so, so in that respect he’s like the Gunzerker.
Dresden N7
Dresden N7
Posted on 02 August 19 at 05:43
For some who primarily played as Mordecai in BL1, which character in BL2 would best suit my playstyle?
If you feel the need to "correct" my post, please re-read it first.
RubensX
RubensX
Posted on 02 August 19 at 06:00
I played Xbox 360 version, I am thinking about to start One version.
smakzillaa
smakzillaa
Posted on 02 August 19 at 06:42
Dresden N7 said:
For some who primarily played as Mordecai in BL1, which character in BL2 would best suit my playstyle?
dDepends on if you relied more on Bloodwing or relied on his sniping abilities. If Bloodwing, I’d say Gaige since Deathtrap is a summon like Bloodwing but better. If the sniping ability, Zer0 but fair warning, he takes a lot longer to get up to snuff but can be extremely strong by at that point
I8ITackyticsI8I
Posted on 02 August 19 at 07:04
SquidCzy said:
Having not played any Borderlands previously, how vital is jumping onto Borderlands 1 before this for story continuity?
Not vital but it adds a lot more context. I'd say you can get away with not playing it but I'd recommend playing it first.
TymanTheLong
TymanTheLong
Posted on 02 August 19 at 07:59
I8ITackyticsI8I said:
SquidCzy said:
Not vital but it adds a lot more context. I'd say you can get away with not playing it but I'd recommend playing it first.
Just my 2 cents but there’s very few story beats from Borderlands that you won’t pick up on from BL2. As well, Borderlands is pretty dull in comparison, a YouTube recap of the story might help if you want to make absolutely sure you know it all, but I just think they do so much more with the characters in BL2, playing BL is now kind of dull for me. characters like Marcus and Scooter are 1000% more fleshed out in BL2.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.