TA Playlist Forum

Messageboard for all things TA Playlist

Borderlands 2 Discussion - Spoilers

AuthorMessage
ImJustYourDaddy
Posted on 12 August 19 at 16:10
RebornPasture said:
Both fully completed on 360 and x1. Not really a fan of the series anymore and am finding the pre-sequel a slog to complete on the x1.
Pre-Sequel is awful imo so i don't blame you. I was surprised that I enjoyed Tales From the Borderlands. Basically the only Telltale game i ever enjoyed actually and I was kinda surprised that they actually brought characters from that into the main series
Santino
iAMxYUNGxGxBABY
Posted on 12 August 19 at 21:30
cant wait for bl3 but need to finish the dlc for dl2
Life is to short too worry about tomorrow so GAME TODAY.
Armstrong x360a
Posted on 13 August 19 at 06:49
kalder0n said:
Armstrong x360a said:
Which character has the fastest traversal options/abilities? Is there any character with speed boost like Lilith from 1?
Maya has this (depending on your build). "Fleet" from her MOTION skill tree increases her move speed by 50% while her shields are depleted (at 5 points into skill).

Combining this with a banshee class mod for up to a +6 extra to fleet giving +110% move speed and a "Rough Rider" shield (0 capacity, and therefore always depleted) and you have a constant +110% movement speed boost.
Thanks! She must be a DLC character? I don’t think I had an option to choose her from the start? How far do I need to progress before she is available?

Thanks.
XBox Assassin83
Posted on 13 August 19 at 08:44
Armstrong x360a said:
kalder0n said:
Armstrong x360a said:
Which character has the fastest traversal options/abilities? Is there any character with speed boost like Lilith from 1?
Maya has this (depending on your build). "Fleet" from her MOTION skill tree increases her move speed by 50% while her shields are depleted (at 5 points into skill).

Combining this with a banshee class mod for up to a +6 extra to fleet giving +110% move speed and a "Rough Rider" shield (0 capacity, and therefore always depleted) and you have a constant +110% movement speed boost.
Thanks! She must be a DLC character? I don’t think I had an option to choose her from the start? How far do I need to progress before she is available?

Thanks.
The Gunzerker can move rediculously fast (Faster than any other Character) with a Beserker Class Mod and all his Movement Skills Maxed.
Stig Assassin
Stig Assassin
Posted on 13 August 19 at 12:39
After reading the comments here I'm glad I skipped the pre-sequel. I liked the humor from the other games, but it drags on for so long it gets old. The Tiny Tina DLC was by far the best of the game, but nothing beats "Face McShooty" for me.

Just curious, but am I the only one that can't stand Mr Torque? I know he's based on the older wrestling guys like Hulk Hogan, but it's just over the top to me.
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 13 August 19 at 15:45
I always hear about this game's terrible sense of humor but it's just been more Borderlands to me so far. Granted I'm not too far into it yet. But isn't Borderlands always corny? I actually think CLaptrap is funny though, which is apparently an unpopular opinion.

"JUST FOLLOW THE SOOTHING SOUNDS OF MY VOICE"
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 13 August 19 at 17:28, Edited on 13 August 19 at 17:31 by Shinnizle
I just think the Borderlands series dialogue has something for everyone. For my friend and I, good examples would be Torgue and Scooter. He hated Torgue and loved Scooter, while I was the other way around.

Also:
*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
atryeu1
atryeu1
Posted on 13 August 19 at 17:52
Armstrong x360a said:
kalder0n said:
Armstrong x360a said:

Thanks.
Maya? She's one of the 4 main game characters in BL2.. she's the Siren in this one and available from the very start of the entire game when you first choose your characters (all 4 plus the 2 DLC characters are available to choose from at the start). The DLC characters in this one I believe were the Mechromancer (Gage, I think?) and the Psycho (Krieg?). Anytime I played this co-op my nephew almost always goes with Maya LoL
Cenosis
Cenosis
Posted on 13 August 19 at 21:52
Stig Assassin said:
Just curious, but am I the only one that can't stand Mr Torque? I know he's based on the older wrestling guys like Hulk Hogan, but it's just over the top to me.
Since he literally yells every sentence he speaks I'm pretty sure you're not alone in thinking he's annoying. He acts over-excited about everything and talks like he's all hocked-up on cocaine or speed.

N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
I always hear about this game's terrible sense of humor but it's just been more Borderlands to me so far. Granted I'm not too far into it yet. But isn't Borderlands always corny? I actually think CLaptrap is funny though, which is apparently an unpopular opinion.
Claptrap is great, he would of took down Handsome Jack himself if it wasn't for those damn stairs! *Sorry if I ruined that part, this is the spoilers thread though.* I wasn't aware he had a band of haters making their rounds on the internet or anything. How can someone not like Claptrap? He's a great character, it's unfortunate the voice actor David Eddings and Randy Pitchford had some sort of falling-out though.
BwF SmokeBudnSF
BwF SmokeBudnSF
Posted on 15 August 19 at 02:56
Borderlands can be fun but you really need at least 2-3 friends to play the game with. It's just too boring for me play solo.
NoblestSteed
NoblestSteed
Posted on 16 August 19 at 06:10
Part of me wants to try the Pre-Sequel again with a group of friends (never got past that mayor guy), but after reading the comments here... I think I'll pass. Guess it just wasn't a game for me.
atryeu1
atryeu1
Posted on 16 August 19 at 06:27
NoblestSteed said:
Part of me wants to try the Pre-Sequel again with a group of friends (never got past that mayor guy), but after reading the comments here... I think I'll pass. Guess it just wasn't a game for me.
I dont' know why so many people complain about the Pre Sequel. I honestly didn't mind it. Takes a bit to get into before it got more interesting I thought but the same could be said about the 2nd one. There are things that are not great about it but in the end I played that much more than I did the 2nd one. UVHM was more fun to go through I thought on Pre Sequel and I loved playing as Athena.
DrNefario
DrNefario
Posted on 16 August 19 at 11:48
I don't really get it, either. I played TPS at the time, and it was just more Borderlands, as far as I was concerned. I didn't notice that it was particularly different in quality from BL2. I finished it. It was probably a bit of a slog in some places, but all BL games are.
Cenosis
Cenosis
Posted on 16 August 19 at 15:59
NoblestSteed said:
It's not that bad of a game, I had issues with the game engine on the 360 but I assume playing either version on the X1 should be okay since it's more powerful. I also thought the writing was bad especially in the joke department but comedy is subjective so bad jokes might be good jokes to some people. If I were the boss I would of fired the writers but that's just me.
When the game was originally released you couldn't re-fight the bosses and the bosses had unique drops so needless to say that pissed-off a lot of fans, obviously the dev. team (2K Australia) didn't know what they were doing. Gearbox released a patch a few months later to fix it but already lost a lot of the player-base by that time.

So if you play it on the X1 the only real problem would be the writing but like I said that is subjective.
It is worth playing, I didn't hate my experience or anything I just had a couple of axes to grind with it.
Like other posters have stated, "It is more Borderlands."
atryeu1
atryeu1
Posted on 16 August 19 at 17:53
Cenosis said:
NoblestSteed said:
It's not that bad of a game, I had issues with the game engine on the 360 but I assume playing either version on the X1 should be okay since it's more powerful. I also thought the writing was bad especially in the joke department but comedy is subjective so bad jokes might be good jokes to some people. If I were the boss I would of fired the writers but that's just me.
When the game was originally released you couldn't re-fight the bosses and the bosses had unique drops so needless to say that pissed-off a lot of fans, obviously the dev. team (2K Australia) didn't know what they were doing. Gearbox released a patch a few months later to fix it but already lost a lot of the player-base by that time.

So if you play it on the X1 the only real problem would be the writing but like I said that is subjective.
It is worth playing, I didn't hate my experience or anything I just had a couple of axes to grind with it.
Like other posters have stated, "It is more Borderlands."
Perhaps what you said about the problems early on where you couldn't refight bosses and such is what threw off most of the other players then? I didn't play until later. Not sure how much later after it came out though. I got the 3 games on the Borderlands Triple Pack for 360 and it came with all 3 games and all of the DLC for each of them along with all the patches and such so I never ran into any issues.

I do agree about some of the jokes. I can't think of any off the top of my head but I did enjoy the jokes in BL2 a bit more. Gameplay wise I really saw no difference between them though. They both felt like Borderlands and I enjoyed them both equally. I just stuck with TPS a bit more because I had more fun on UVHM on TPS than I did on BL2, especially with Athena like I said :D Plus, it holds a special funny memory for me when nephew decided to try and duel with my Athena that was at least 15-20 levels higher than his character and all I did was bring up my shield and his shot was bounced back at him and he shot himself :P Best moment ever! LoL
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 16 August 19 at 18:33
Maybe it was just Borderlands burnout for me? Who knows. I just remember hating Playthrough 2 in Borderlands 2... Axton and I (Maya) would keep getting one-shot, while Salvador was doing much of the DPS. Zer0 was pretty much only relevant against bosses, and it felt like all I was doing to contribute was reviving my teammates from a distance with Maya's skill. It was just frustrating.

Then came Pre-Sequel, with seemingly more fetch quests than anything else ever created (at least that's how we felt at the time), weird low-grav gameplay... with some platforming thrown in there... ugh, and what we felt was an underwhelming cast of characters. Athena was the stand out, but Nisha was meh to play, haven't really played with Wilhelm so I can't really form an opinion, and Claptrap was just absolutely worthless 90% of the time.

So when it came time to do a second playthrough, our group's response was a resounding no.
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
Cenosis
Cenosis
Posted on 16 August 19 at 21:01
atryeu1 said:
Perhaps what you said about the problems early on where you couldn't refight bosses and such is what threw off most of the other players then?
In my initial post I only threw stones at the engine and the writing.
I didn't mention the boss farming issue until today. I was trying to explain why other BL fans might of hated it or still hold that issue against it. The game came out mid Oct. 2014 and the patch fixing the bosses and uniquely named characters to respawn came out end of March 2015. That's over five months. You got the one chance per play-through to get the legendary from a boss or unique character. Made Gearbox look kinda silly.

Anyways everyone's got their reasons for being disappointed, I just happened to mention that today because I remembered that being a big complaint at the time. It's no longer a problem so I'm actually trying to encourage a few people in this thread to give it a try, don't let people's bad memories or complaints influence you too much. I vented on a couple issues I had with it but I wasn't trying to tell people to avoid it or anything. If people want more Borderlands then it just happens to be "more" Borderlands! (Just a half-assed cash-grab version though.)
atryeu1
atryeu1
Posted on 17 August 19 at 00:11
Cenosis said:
atryeu1 said:
Perhaps what you said about the problems early on where you couldn't refight bosses and such is what threw off most of the other players then?
In my initial post I only threw stones at the engine and the writing.
I didn't mention the boss farming issue until today. I was trying to explain why other BL fans might of hated it or still hold that issue against it. The game came out mid Oct. 2014 and the patch fixing the bosses and uniquely named characters to respawn came out end of March 2015. That's over five months. You got the one chance per play-through to get the legendary from a boss or unique character. Made Gearbox look kinda silly.

Anyways everyone's got their reasons for being disappointed, I just happened to mention that today because I remembered that being a big complaint at the time. It's no longer a problem so I'm actually trying to encourage a few people in this thread to give it a try, don't let people's bad memories or complaints influence you too much. I vented on a couple issues I had with it but I wasn't trying to tell people to avoid it or anything. If people want more Borderlands then it just happens to be "more" Borderlands! (Just a half-assed cash-grab version though.)
Exactly, everybody has different likes and dislikes so that's easy to understand. I've played games that people absolutely loved but I couldn't stand so I completely get that :P

If I had played this at the time with the boss farming issue though I might have felt the same. I didn't find these games until much later though. I think Xbox 360 had been out at least 6 or 7 years before I even got one and then I didn't pay attention to Borderlands until the first game was included on a set that I bought mostly for one of the Bioshocks at the time. I fell in love with that first game and bought that big version with all the games and add-ons shortly after :D
zoidberg1339
zoidberg1339
Posted on 17 August 19 at 14:27
The first Borderlands is - and always will be - the best.
I just wanted to play video games.
TheGillesMuller
Posted on 18 August 19 at 00:38
I must be in the minority here but I never have and never will rate Jack as a villain, I just found him incredibly annoying, even after going through the main story to the final encounter with him in the vault I'd have still preferred to constantly knock him out to shut him up instead of killing him.
Grand Slam Tennis 2 world #1
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.