Game Discussion: Burnout Paradise Forum

Thanks and Goodnight

AuthorMessage
MushroomToaster
Posted on 01 August 19 at 00:45, Edited on 01 August 19 at 01:34 by MushroomToaster
I realise the servers aren't quite gone yet, but I just wanted to throw up a thread to thank everyone that helped me and tonnes of others get the online achievements finished. This community can be really great.

In my case, I wouldn't have stood a chance if not for Fokenwolfen, CaffeinatedBolt, BurnoutSonicGmn, Dead End Kings, Kojirow, Pointaken47 and a big bunch of other people that I was either in sessions with or that just dropped in to games. It's been fun!

UPDATE:
Sounds like they're gone. RIP, Burnout Paradise servers.
lightsup55
lightsup55
Posted on 01 August 19 at 01:55
MushroomToaster said:
UPDATE:
Sounds like they're gone. RIP, Burnout Paradise servers.
Yep.

See everyone on Burnout Paradise Remastered on Xbox One to do it all over again. roll
fabian907
fabian907
Posted on 01 August 19 at 02:10
Thanks to the real ones who banded together to get those achievements. See you in the Remastered version space cowboys!
BlackSamurai24
Posted on 01 August 19 at 05:08
I may not have spent much online but im grateful that i played it and had help with the achievements
big thanks to the ones who could help mewave
BlackSamurai24
CarlosMaestre85
Posted on 01 August 19 at 11:50, Edited on 01 August 19 at 13:14 by CarlosMaestre85
There I was, hoping that MS would keep servers alive
LiquidAg
LiquidAg
Posted on 01 August 19 at 14:07
I realized, far too late, that I never downloaded the Party Pack DLC! I didn't try to do them yet, since you don't need to be online, and then yesterday, I realized my mistake. D'oh!

However, I would also like to thank everyone who helped before they shut down the servers. I managed to get ALL of the online achievements, and I couldn't have done it without y'all!
"I have a bad feeling about this..."
The Noto
The Noto
Posted on 01 August 19 at 16:20
Cheers to everyone that helped me out over the last month. Boosting isn't always fun, but in BP's case, it really was. Thanks to all of my new online mates for the laughs. See you in other games.
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 01 August 19 at 18:17
RIP Freeburn Online. Thanks to the folks that helped me boost, and thanks to all the cooperative randoms that made me not have to boost the whole thing.
Twincats
Twincats
Posted on 01 August 19 at 18:43, Edited on 01 August 19 at 18:43 by Twincats
Thank you to everyone that livened up the BP community in its final days. I know a lot of people even stuck around after finishing to help others--I see many of them in this thread--and I returned the favor on many occasions myself. You guys rock and displayed just how exemplary the TA community can really be.

See y'all in BP Remastered!
(I'll probably grind this out soon, while everything is still fresh, so hmu for the online achievements.)
Tempus edax rerum
halohogg
halohogg
Posted on 01 August 19 at 21:43
Yep, this game is pretty much neutered with single player complete and online offline now. Funny now that I’m exploring the map for pleasure, I’m finally finding those fastest routes. Who knew you could get on and off the freeway so easily in so many places?
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 01 August 19 at 23:10
halohogg said:
Who knew you could get on and off the freeway so easily in so many places?
Really? Whenever I've had to get up to the freeway it's been a big pain.
Vindibudd
Vindibudd
Posted on 02 August 19 at 14:25
I hit 100% by starting and completing Cops and Robbers and then finishing Big Surf Island on PS3 in epic fashion last week then bought Remastered on XBOX and PS4. Hit me up if you want to boost on Xbox. I freaking love this game.

So long, Paradise City, the grass was greener and the girls were pretty.
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 02 August 19 at 14:30
zeldafanjtl said:
halohogg said:
Who knew you could get on and off the freeway so easily in so many places?
Really? Whenever I've had to get up to the freeway it's been a big pain.
Yeah, it's kind of annoying at first, but once you play it long enough and often enough, you get a sense for the map and it's not so bad. But I do have poor memory, and whenever I come back to the game after a long time, it is indeed frustrating to get on the highway laugh
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
The S bot 9000
Posted on 02 August 19 at 22:03
Hated this game up until I started grinding out the online but once I got the ball rolling on the freeburn challenges it was actually loads of fun! Shame that I started so late and had some tech issues that prevented me from getting the camera shots and a few other online achivementscry
Spirochaete
Spirochaete
Posted on 03 August 19 at 01:12
I like this thread. pure memento mori.

over the last few months, I joined sessions with some of you.
and procrastinated.
and double and triple boxed alone
(did all 2p challenges alone, even 2 barrel rolls at once)

until the next server closing boys.
GsO Light
143,540 143,540 GamerScore
GsO Light
Posted on 03 August 19 at 20:51
Don't see why the Burnout servers for Paradise and Revenge were shut down to begin with, not like EA releases a new game every year like the sports title, it's not like EA is broke and can't afford servers with all the micro-transactions money they get roll
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 04 August 19 at 04:04
GsO Light said:
Don't see why the Burnout servers for Paradise and Revenge were shut down to begin with, not like EA releases a new game every year like the sports title, it's not like EA is broke and can't afford servers with all the micro-transactions money they get roll
The servers are a recurring monthly cost for EA and the game itself hasn’t been available to buy for over a year.

Not defending the shutdown, but it’s easy to see why it happened.
Rapture639
Rapture639
Posted on 05 August 19 at 08:10
I'd like to give a quick shoutout to all the people who, like me, procrastinated until the last month to work on the online achievements on this game before the servers shutdown. Wasn't the best idea given how long and grindy some of the online achievements were, but I was glad I was able to get them done with the help of some of the fine folks in this community (you know who you are).

Replaying this game again after all these years reminded me of how much I enjoyed the Burnout series. They were some of my favourite racing games growing up, and it's kind of a shame we never got a proper Burnout game this console generation. Sure, there were a few games that felt similar to the Burnout games like a couple of the Need for Speed games, and the Forza Horizon series (for its "go anywhere" approach to open world racing), but none of them fully captured the arcadey feel of the Burnout games. Then again, replaying Paradise did make me realize how dated some of the mechanics were. For instance, I remembered how much of a pain it was to restart a race or event again if you were close to the end and knew you weren't going to win it and that you had to drive all the way back to the beginning of the race/event again just to re-try it (thankfully they eventually added in the ability to restart events later down the line).

In some ways, the servers closing down recently was kind of a blessing in disguise for me, because it motivated me to go back to this game that's been sitting in my backlog for so many years and finally work on completing it. Which is something I probably wouldn't have done anytime soon if the servers were still up...
Shadow XBL
Shadow XBL
Posted on 08 August 19 at 14:53
zeldafanjtl said:
GsO Light said:
The servers are a recurring monthly cost for EA and the game itself hasn’t been available to buy for over a year.

Not defending the shutdown, but it’s easy to see why it happened.
True, but as a server admin in the past, it's not that hard considering how many would really be needed for the amount of people still playing the game at once time.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.