Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Games Pass News: Here Are The Games Leaving In August

• MinPinMinPin412,097
    Posted on 01 August 19 at 19:21
    Crap, guess I need to get as much as possible done on both Joe Dangers and CastleStorm. That's going to take most of my gaming time for the month ...
    Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the Bible says love your enemy.
  • ElyohElyoh998,005
    Posted on 01 August 19 at 19:42
    I'm new to this GP thing, when EXACTLY do these games leave? The end of the month?
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • OlivierL57OlivierL57870,834
    Posted on 01 August 19 at 19:43, Edited on 01 August 19 at 19:45 by OlivierL57
    Elyoh said:
    I'm new to this GP thing, when EXACTLY do these games leave? The end of the month?
    In the middle of the month, it's written in the last sentence:

Don't forget, these games will be gone from Xbox Game Pass by August 14th, so if you haven't had a go at them yet, now's the time to do so!
  • Sairc0rSairc0r314,292
    Posted on 01 August 19 at 19:49
    Graveyard Keeper was a fun to play. Not sure about the rest though.
  • St3phosaurusSt3phosaurus256,002
    Posted on 01 August 19 at 19:59
    Solo Wing 82 said:
    spelunky, that's one of my all time favorites gameplay-wise. its perfect, but hard, ill never even get to level 3 I guess, but im fine with that.
    I got to the final boss once, got over excited and died haha. Never did finish that game but damn was it fun to try!
  • Vok 250Vok 250349,556
    Posted on 01 August 19 at 20:13
    I'll never understand the negative comments here. Sure these are old games, but many of them were critically praised at release and sold really well.
  • ElyohElyoh998,005
    Posted on 01 August 19 at 20:19
    Mannschaft570 said:
    Elyoh said:
    In the middle of the month, it's written in the last sentence:

Don't forget, these games will be gone from Xbox Game Pass by August 14th, so if you haven't had a go at them yet, now's the time to do so!
    Thanks, I was expecting them to leave on different dates from each other for some reason so was trying to find a date by each game redface
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,886,274
    Posted on 01 August 19 at 20:54, Edited on 01 August 19 at 20:54 by EarthboundX
    Vok 250 said:
    I'll never understand the negative comments here. Sure these are old games, but many of them were critically praised at release and sold really well.
    I'm confused as well, CastleStorm and the Toy Solider games were great! Not played the others yet, but most of them were very well reviewed.
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,886,274
    Posted on 01 August 19 at 20:56
    Kanchanaburi said:
    They are taking all the trash out. good.
    Trash? How are the majority of these games trash?
  • Paul LaserbeamPaul Laserbeam2,214,473
    Posted on 01 August 19 at 21:00
    Leo Ascendent said:
    reforc3 said:
    TrueAssassin86x said:
    And nothing of value was lost. Though wasnt graveyard keeper just recently added ? Feel like it was.
    A year ago
    Problem with GK is the HORRIBLE framerates and hiccups. I love the game for what it is, a dark version of Stardew Valley, but holy hell, it becomes impossible (okay, not literally) to play with hiccups every 20 seconds. I would buy it if it were fixed, but I doubt that'll happen seeing how PC still has these issues.
    Never had a single issue with GK. Though this is not the first time I've seen a complaint about framerates.
  • Posted on 01 August 19 at 21:01
    Graveyard Keeper was awsome, hunters will love it as well I got 90% of the achievements in one play through without a guide so people who use guides will do it easy and quickly. I'm not gunna bother with the rest though idc about the achievs.
  • Posted on 01 August 19 at 21:04, Edited on 01 August 19 at 21:04 by Stinky Big Buds
    Paul Laserbeam said:
    Leo Ascendent said:
    reforc3 said:
    TrueAssassin86x said:
    And nothing of value was lost. Though wasnt graveyard keeper just recently added ? Feel like it was.
    A year ago
    Problem with GK is the HORRIBLE framerates and hiccups. I love the game for what it is, a dark version of Stardew Valley, but holy hell, it becomes impossible (okay, not literally) to play with hiccups every 20 seconds. I would buy it if it were fixed, but I doubt that'll happen seeing how PC still has these issues.
    Never had a single issue with GK. Though this is not the first time I've seen a complaint about framerates.
    I had a few drops in framerates here and there I think? But they were so trivial i'm not even sure about that, unplayable is a gross exaggeration in my experience.
  • buttmudBrooksbuttmudBrooks1,395,053
    Posted on 01 August 19 at 21:32
    Stinky Big Buds said:
    Graveyard Keeper was awsome, hunters will love it as well I got 90% of the achievements in one play through without a guide so people who use guides will do it easy and quickly. I'm not gunna bother with the rest though idc about the achievs.
    I think you are right, but there is a lot of crafting and farming style resource gathering and without a guide this will take longer than the 2 weeks that are left unless you just do nothing but play.

Stinky Big Buds said:
    Paul Laserbeam said:
    Leo Ascendent said:
    reforc3 said:
    TrueAssassin86x said:
    A year ago
    I had a few drops in framerates here and there I think? But they were so trivial i'm not even sure about that, unplayable is a gross exaggeration in my experience.
    There was a little bit of stuttering at the endgame when I had dozens of graves and items built but it didn't render the game unplayable.
    Always number 2.
  • MathGuy42MathGuy42707,308
    Posted on 01 August 19 at 22:11
    Anyone had issues with adding DLC to a BackCompat Game Pass game? I "bought" the free Spunky Cola Special DLC for Monday Night Combat. It doesn't show as Ready to Install when I manage the MNC files. The DLC adds new options for Private Matches, like controlling their length, which could make some of the achievements easier.
  • Posted on 01 August 19 at 22:31
    Hmm, the Joe Danger games appear to be generally well regarded. Doesn't look like those are likely completable in a couple of weeks, however, due to difficulty.

Has the TA ratio always been like that on Spelunky? Holy buckets...
  • LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,391,347
    Posted on 01 August 19 at 22:40
    Graveyard Keeper was alright but the completion time is inflated quite a bit by the fact that most of the relevant NPCs only appear on a certain day (though I suppose everything that's remotely Harvest Moon seems to love doing that). If you want to play it I would suggest researching everything so you can be efficient getting achievements, unless you simply want to enjoy the game of course dance
    "Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
  • PetrifiedPetrified1,512,889
    Posted on 01 August 19 at 23:02
    Graveyard Keeper is probably one of the best games I played on Games Pass
  • nal81nal81537,728
    Posted on 02 August 19 at 00:28
    For the delistings could we have an indication if it has previously been GWG.
  • Posted on 02 August 19 at 02:11
    buttmudBrooks said:
    Stinky Big Buds said:
    I think you are right, but there is a lot of crafting and farming style resource gathering and without a guide this will take longer than the 2 weeks that are left unless you just do nothing but play.

Stinky Big Buds said:
    Paul Laserbeam said:
    Leo Ascendent said:
    reforc3 said:
    TrueAssassin86x said:
    A year ago
    There was a little bit of stuttering at the endgame when I had dozens of graves and items built but it didn't render the game unplayable.
    I'll have to see if it has improved, because it would freeze for 3 or 4 seconds every minute or so, pretty tough to stay immersed when that happens.
    youtube.com/glddgaming - mixer.com/leo_ascendent
  • DGMpayneDGMpayne584,833
    Posted on 02 August 19 at 02:15
    Shit, graveyard keeper has been up on game pass for a year already? It really hasn't felt like that. Suppose I might return to it now and knock out some more achievements hopefully. I appreciate these removal notifications at the beginning of the month now but this half month stuff is still turning me off majorly...bleh. roll
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.