Industry News Forum

News about the Industry itself, as opposed to a specific game. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

Popular Streamer Ninja Has Now Switched Over From Twitch To Mixer

AuthorMessage
BulbAssured
Posted on 02 August 19 at 10:15
Ninja will now be streaming exclusively on Mixer

Please click here to read the story: Popular Streamer Ninja Has Now Switched Over From Twitch To Mixer

Credit goes to IXI FalcoN for this story
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 02 August 19 at 10:30
I don't care for streaming/streamers, but man this has made a bang. The mixer app went from being the 40 something most used entertainment app to second place just from this announcement.

Rumour mill also says they paid a nice 100m for him to do it, I wouldn't say no laugh
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
Crisantemo Emo
Posted on 02 August 19 at 10:31
useless news
Law Violation
Law Violation
Posted on 02 August 19 at 10:35
Not really into streaming/streamers also but i used to watch him back in the glorious Halo 3 days. He's got the personality for streaming for sure.
Law Violation
kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 02 August 19 at 10:37
Elyoh said:
I don't care for streaming/streamers, but man this has made a bang. The mixer app went from being the 40 something most used entertainment app to second place just from this announcement.

Rumour mill also says they paid a nice 100m for him to do it, I wouldn't say no laugh
I'm more intrigued as to whether this was just a deal between Microsoft and Ninja, or whether any additional handshaking has been done between Epic and Microsoft -- given that this is a fairly big shake-up from Fortnite's perspective too.
I NVIII I
I NVIII I
Posted on 02 August 19 at 10:59
kintaris said:
Elyoh said:

I'm more intrigued as to whether this was just a deal between Microsoft and Ninja, or whether any additional handshaking has been done between Epic and Microsoft -- given that this is a fairly big shake-up from Fortnite's perspective too.
That really is the real question, only time will tell for that one. Kinda exciting.
BushidoBrown305
Posted on 02 August 19 at 11:11
All I’m wondering is how many mixer/ninja adds are we gonna see all over our dashboards now lol. They already been pushing mixer down everyone’s throat laugh
MinPin
MinPin
Posted on 02 August 19 at 11:17
Huh. I don't watch streaming at all, and I couldn't care less about Fortnite, but even I know how huge a shakeup this is in the industry. Mixer may have just found a way to not be the next Zune laugh
Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the Bible says love your enemy.
Beanpotter
Beanpotter
Posted on 02 August 19 at 11:25
Crisantemo Emo said:
useless news
Useless post. roll
Play nice!
Yazite
Yazite
Posted on 02 August 19 at 11:32
Don't watch any streaming apart from the odd tournament, but a fair move on Microsoft's part. I wonder who else they will snatch up.
Wake me, when you need me.
TrueAssassin86x
Posted on 02 August 19 at 11:35
Crisantemo Emo said:
useless news
Useless comment
Xbox1,Switch,Ps4 Gamer.
RadiantViper
RadiantViper
Posted on 02 August 19 at 11:36
Let me be the first in the thread to mention that I don't watch streaming. I feel it's very important to mention that.
Gleaming Cube
Gleaming Cube
Posted on 02 August 19 at 11:37
kintaris said:
Elyoh said:

It will be both those things, can almost guarantee it. As shrewd move by Microsoft as Mixer will have been saved by this. And you can't blame Ninja either, you'd be mad to pass up the sort of money that's been mentioned.
Beanpotter
Beanpotter
Posted on 02 August 19 at 11:40
RadiantViper said:
Let me be the first in the thread to mention that I don't watch streaming. I feel it's very important to mention that.
Me neither and I find it hard to fathom why it's so popular.
Play nice!
Wyyvern
Wyyvern
Posted on 02 August 19 at 11:42
Watching him pretend he's done this for anything else other than MS chucking a big sack of money at him is pretty disingenuous but expected by the likes of him.

Pretty bad time to do it anyway, Ninja has fallen off the cliff of popularity amongst streamers...his sub count has fallen 95% since March 2018 and he's now the 14th most subscribed channel on Twitch - https://twitchtracker.com/subscribers?page=2

And like mentioned above I am really not looking forward to seeing his face plastered all over the dashboard. Console players aren't the right target for streaming, honestly. We actually play our games. The most streamed games are always PC games for a reason... wink
Here be dragons.
kris37
kris37
Posted on 02 August 19 at 11:48
The idea of watching someone play a game when you could actually be playing the game yourself confuses me just like watching a TV show where people watch TV WTF
Yummy Baklava
Yummy Baklava
Posted on 02 August 19 at 11:48
Yazite said:
I wonder who else they will snatch up.
There are some rather big streamers who have said on Twitter (100k+ Twitter followers each) they are or they also want to switch to Mixer.

This was a few months ago, but he's talking with other streamers about exclusive deals.

https://streamable.com/ep9rw

Here is Tyler1 (over 2.5 million followers on Twitch) pretty much saying he'll leave Twitch for Mixer if the money is right.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SpicyUnusualSushiGOWSkull
NickyGoldChains
Posted on 02 August 19 at 11:52, Edited on 02 August 19 at 11:52 by NickyGoldChains
Never really watched Ninja but I think Twitch needs some competition. I think this is awesome for the Mixer community. clap
Wyyvern
Wyyvern
Posted on 02 August 19 at 11:59, Edited on 02 August 19 at 12:00 by Wyyvern
Yummy Baklava said:
Here is Tyler1 (over 2.5 million followers on Twitch) pretty much saying he'll leave Twitch for Mixer if the money is right.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SpicyUnusualSushiGOWSkull
Uuugh...why are these people so popular? Just those 30 seconds were difficult to watch.

No wonder you get so many wannabe streamers, the standards for the popular ones are through the floor.
Here be dragons.
BushidoBrown305
Posted on 02 August 19 at 12:11
Wyyvern said:
Pretty bad time to do it anyway, Ninja has fallen off the cliff of popularity amongst streamers...his sub count has fallen 95% since March 2018 and he's now the 14th most subscribed channel on Twitch - https://twitchtracker.com/subscribers?page=2
I wouldn’t call averaging 50k viewers falling off the cliff.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.