Game Discussion: Gears of War 4 Forum

Unobtainable/Partly Discontinued achievements...

AuthorMessage
metallicafan459
Posted on 05 August 19 at 05:51
Having played Gears1-3 I was contemplating diving into 4 now that it’s free - but noticed 31 achvts have this flag?

I see on some of the weapon related ones something is happening post Gears 5 launch. But is anyone able to explain to me if the others are discontinued/unavailable?

Ones like the 4 for co-op versus match?
Ahayzo
Ahayzo
Posted on 05 August 19 at 06:05, Edited on 05 August 19 at 06:06 by Ahayzo
The others are ones that can become permanently unobtainable if you suffer a specific bug which, to my knowledge, does not have a known cause, or if you are punished by Epic for boosting (generally for boosting ranked matches). You can see a little more info in the Info Box in the upper right of the game page. The weapon skins are currently discontinued due to the fact that no more events will be happening that will grant the skins. However, at some unknown point after Gears 5 comes out, those skins will become craftable and that flag will go away.
#mentallypudding The artist formerly known as alklein92201
metallicafan459
Posted on 05 August 19 at 06:25
Thanks for the response! I totally missed the info at the bottom of the box about public match achievements - that’s a bit rubbish!! I can understand if you’ve been banned for boosting, but to randomly have it happen :(
Skinstakovic
Skinstakovic
Posted on 10 August 19 at 19:20
I came here to ask this exact same question. So they are all, aside from the skin achievements, all obtainable provided some random ban-hammer doesn’t go off?
Skinstakovic, creating gaming harmony since 2007
Ahayzo
Ahayzo
Posted on 10 August 19 at 22:36
Pretty much.
BearLind1993wwe
Posted on 11 August 19 at 07:09
Screw them there's nothing wrong with boosting everyone does it so just let people get there work done
Ahayzo
Ahayzo
Posted on 11 August 19 at 16:05
Just because a lot of people do it doesn't mean publishers have been or will be OK with it, nor should it mean that. Not to mention, everyone I've seen get the banhammer for boosting was boosting ranked matches, and it's not hard to understand why they especially don't want that. There's nothing wrong at all with them punishing people for boosting.

And I say this as someone who has absolutely no issues at all with boosting.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.