Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

SOULCALIBUR VI Season Pass 2: New Characters, New Battles, And A New System

• Exe the HeroExe the Hero2,064,102
    Posted on 05 August 19 at 15:37
    I will be picking this up regardless, but it sure would be nice if they could add some new achievements...
  • PSYCHADELICACEPSYCHADELICACE1,192,246
    Posted on 05 August 19 at 16:04
    Cut out characters then sell them as DLC
    disgusting.
  • JCDRANZERJCDRANZER1,338,021
    Posted on 05 August 19 at 17:26
    It's awesome to see Cassandra back but damn that was hype when Haohmaru was revealed.
  • XwolfanXXwolfanX888,198
    Posted on 05 August 19 at 18:30
    ok now we get season pass 2, what's next season pass 3 ?????? F that
  • MrZombieChickenMrZombieChicken1,491,025
    Posted on 05 August 19 at 18:47, Edited on 05 August 19 at 18:51 by MrZombieChicken
    I don't like this multi season pass trend. I think most people who bought the first season pass assumed they would be getting all new future content. This is not cool. It further supports my decision not to pick up this game until there is a final version that includes everything.

As for the guest character, why go with Haohmaru? I mean he's cool and all, but Samurai are already well represented by Mitsurugi. roll

If they want to add an SNK character, then Mai Shiranui would certainly "round out" the cast nicely. See what I did there? laugh
    This space for rent.
  • SchinderdivSchinderdiv874,616
    Posted on 05 August 19 at 19:04
    MrZombieChicken said:
    I don't like this multi season pass trend. I think most people who bought the first season pass assumed they would be getting all new future content. This is not cool. It further supports my decision not to pick up this game until there is a final version that includes everything.
    I agree, and really wish I had waited now as well. They rarely even put the season passes on sale, and they're massively overpriced in the first place - $30 for 5-6 characters and a bit of customization content (which is probably just items from those characters) is downright ludicrous. I won't be supporting anything else from Bandai Namco in the future until it's a cheap complete edition. Boo Bandai, BOOOOO!
    If you have to ask, you're streets behind.
    Posted on 05 August 19 at 19:19, Edited on 05 August 19 at 19:54 by MrZombieChicken
    Schinderdiv said:
    I agree, and really wish I had waited now as well. They rarely even put the season passes on sale, and they're massively overpriced in the first place - $30 for 5-6 characters and a bit of customization content (which is probably just items from those characters) is downright ludicrous. I won't be supporting anything else from Bandai Namco in the future until it's a cheap complete edition. Boo Bandai, BOOOOO!
    That $30 only got you 3 new characters by the way (4 with the addition of Cassandra).
    As far as supporting Bandai Namco, I picked up DBZ Fighterz over the weekend and I am already considering a complete boycott of that company. The online servers are atrocious. I was unable to get matched up for a casual, ranked, or an arena match. Hell, I can't even spectate a match. Seriously considering asking for a refund.
    This space for rent.
  • Posted on 05 August 19 at 20:04, Edited on 05 August 19 at 20:13 by M4DE IN W4LE5
    HaHaHa Unbelievable i thought a season pass lasted from beginning to end of a game . Now theres a season pass 2 and 3 ,no doubt each season costing more .Do 3 characters equate to a season pass. Im becoming jaded as i grow older
  • Zorlac0666Zorlac0666222,947
    Posted on 05 August 19 at 21:53, Edited on 05 August 19 at 21:54 by Zorlac0666
    What a bunch of crybabies. Oh you want a company to keep working on a game months, or even years after launch. You want more characters, more stages, more levels more more more more. But you want it for free? Get out of here. The developers can't eat and pay their bills on your gratitude.

You don't want paid DLC? DON'T BUY IT. This is not a difficult concept.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/zorlac Please subscribe!! Xbox live Zorlac0666, Steam-Zorlac666 battle.net Zorlac#1875 Nintendo network Zorlac666
  • MasterpasjeMasterpasje426,670
    Posted on 05 August 19 at 22:34
    MrZombieChicken said:
    If they want to add an SNK character, then Mai Shiranui would certainly "round out" the cast nicely. See what I did there? laugh
    Soulcalibur is a weapon-based fighting game. How would Mai get an even remotely decent movelist based on her throwing fans? ("Fans" as in the objects, not her admirers! laugh)
  • Posted on 05 August 19 at 22:39
    Just getting back into games...I bought one of those Tekken 7 editions a while ago with the season pass and i figured that edition had all the season pass content the game had but come to find out its a 2nd season pass? Considering that i am almost done with all achievements for this game i could care less about a few extra characters at this point. Unless these multiple season passes come with achievements I'm not biting. The landscape is definitely changing. I can understand the companies perspective on this matter tho.
  • Posted on 06 August 19 at 01:28
    Zorlac0666 said:
    What a bunch of crybabies. Oh you want a company to keep working on a game months, or even years after launch. You want more characters, more stages, more levels more more more more. But you want it for free? Get out of here. The developers can't eat and pay their bills on your gratitude.

People have every right to complain on a gaming website about what many perceive is a negative trend in gaming. If YOU don't like it, skip the comment. I thought we had a thing against calling people dumb shit like crybabies now. That said, I've decided I'm no longer buying games from companies that do this, especially at 30 bucks a pop. I bought the complete edition recently...not so complete now.
    Hola
  • LanaMordrethLanaMordreth569,543
    Posted on 06 August 19 at 04:09
    ThreeHaddock62 said:
    Zorlac0666 said:

People have every right to complain on a gaming website about what many perceive is a negative trend in gaming. If YOU don't like it, skip the comment. I thought we had a thing against calling people dumb shit like crybabies now. That said, I've decided I'm no longer buying games from companies that do this, especially at 30 bucks a pop. I bought the complete edition recently...not so complete now.
    You mean Deluxe Edition? I don't see a complete edition for sale on the Xbox Store.
    Posted on 06 August 19 at 05:43, Edited on 06 August 19 at 05:43 by MrZombieChicken
    Zorlac0666 said:

I think you're confused, or maybe not familiar with the concept. The whole object of a season pass is to PREPAY the developers for future content. That's why they offer it at launch and that's why people buy it.

If they had called it "Season 1" implying that there would be future content not included with (like Killer Instinct for example) I would've been ok with it. Calling it simply a season pass is pretty dishonest.

Also, calling those who are making a legitimate argument about this crybabies is pretty ignorant.
    This space for rent.
  • Posted on 06 August 19 at 06:38
    Overpriced... Nuff said
  • Desi ShinobiDesi Shinobi738,571
    Posted on 06 August 19 at 08:58
    I cannot wait for these season passes!!!
    Posted on 06 August 19 at 10:55, Edited on 06 August 19 at 16:44 by MrZombieChicken
    Masterpasje said:
    Soulcalibur is a weapon-based fighting game. How would Mai get an even remotely decent movelist based on her throwing fans? ("Fans" as in the objects, not her admirers! laugh)
    Which weapons did Heihachi and Devil Jin use as guest characters? Oh right, they didn't use any. Mai would be fine with her fans (both weapons and admirers laugh).
    This space for rent.
  • V4R14N7V4R14N71,058,427
    Posted on 06 August 19 at 12:31
    MrZombieChicken said:
    She's already in Dead or Alive
  • romisthebestromisthebest697,762
    Posted on 06 August 19 at 13:43
    I'll wait for a GOTY edition with everything included
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads