Game Discussion: Gears of War 4 Forum

Flaming weapon skins will be craftable after Gears 5 releases

AuthorMessage
The SCHWARTZ 00
Posted on 05 August 19 at 23:37
Per TC Octus

"We designed the Flaming and Midnight Omen achievements to avoid that problem.

While they are currently unobtainable, sometime after the release of 5, we'll be making them craftable so you can complete the achievements. We're doing it after 5 as we want to preserve the exclusivity of those who earned them for as long as possible."

On the Reddit forums. So fret not, these achievements will never be unobtainable. smile
Yummy Baklava
Yummy Baklava
Posted on 06 August 19 at 02:43
It’s great to hear, but I’ll believe it when it happens.
fireiz
fireiz
Posted on 06 August 19 at 07:26
glad i am done with this one :D
Have no fear, Amjad is here
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 06 August 19 at 08:32
Will they stop banning achievement boosters after 5 releases as well?
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 06 August 19 at 13:44
Elyoh said:
Probably not.
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 06 August 19 at 15:22
Yummy Baklava said:
It’s great to hear, but I’ll believe it when it happens.
To be fair, they've been saying it for years, except now we finally have sort of a timetable for it. I think that's good.
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
CRUM LEE
CRUM LEE
Posted on 06 August 19 at 17:56
Nice - thanks!
The SCHWARTZ 00
Posted on 06 August 19 at 20:20
Elyoh said:
Most likely. They'll be 100% focused on 5. You'll be safer boosting after it's in full swing. The population in ranked for 4 is going to take a major nosedive in a month.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 06 August 19 at 22:15, Edited on 06 August 19 at 22:16 by Elyoh
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
Elyoh said:
Most likely. They'll be 100% focused on 5. You'll be safer boosting after it's in full swing. The population in ranked for 4 is going to take a major nosedive in a month.
I'm in the part of the world they don't care about, there is literally already no population online here laugh Thus we HAVE to boost to get certain achievements - I just don't want to do it until it's safe from perma-bans.
Billargh
Billargh
Posted on 07 August 19 at 09:27
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
Elyoh said:
The population in ranked is already non existent, the only mode I ever manage to get games in is 2v2 boxes.
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 07 August 19 at 12:17
Elyoh said:
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
Elyoh said:
I'm in the part of the world they don't care about, there is literally already no population online here laugh Thus we HAVE to boost to get certain achievements - I just don't want to do it until it's safe from perma-bans.
Good luck either way. Ask HolyHalfDead how that worked for him. Servers around him literally had no one and they banned him anyways.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 07 August 19 at 18:01
We live in the same country wink It wasn't him alone that warned me, but he is a great example for why I fear these devs.
The SCHWARTZ 00
Posted on 08 August 19 at 02:28
Billargh said:
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
Elyoh said:
The population in ranked is already non existent, the only mode I ever manage to get games in is 2v2 boxes.
I guess it depends where you are. I'm in the US and I play Ranked KOTH every day, only takes about 20-30 seconds to find a lobby.
Billargh
Billargh
Posted on 08 August 19 at 06:13
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
Billargh said:
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
Elyoh said:
I guess it depends where you are. I'm in the US and I play Ranked KOTH every day, only takes about 20-30 seconds to find a lobby.
Damn, I'm jealous. I've tried the queue the last few nights in Europe for ranked games and the only ones I manage to get are 2v2. Gotta play the drop in / drop out mode (I forget the official name) if I want to play any ring game mode.
Billargh
Billargh
Posted on 09 August 19 at 09:57
You know what, maybe I'm an idiot and was searching for the wrong game mode cause I found a ranked KOTH game no bother last night haha.
The Allslayer
The Allslayer
Posted on 09 August 19 at 14:26
Billargh said:
You know what, maybe I'm an idiot and was searching for the wrong game mode cause I found a ranked KOTH game no bother last night haha.
I was going to say I can find games fairly easy in the UK. Not sure what's going on with the servers though. Everyone always has 100+ ping, why's that happening if we're supposedly on European servers? I can get better ping on US servers for god sake.
wolfsburgraz
wolfsburgraz
Posted on 09 August 19 at 14:28
Thanks for the info, I didn't play enough during the events and only have a few of them.
REDWINGS05
REDWINGS05
Posted on 11 August 19 at 14:36
So there are people on TA who are somehow just now unlocking those achievements. Any idea how? They are the last 2 I need and at this point, even if it gets me banned, idc, as long as I get them lol
KAW 24
KAW 24
Posted on 11 August 19 at 15:52
My understanding is you needed to go to the gears web site to claim the reward. Maybe the recent unlocks are by people who never actually claimed one (or more) skins when they earned them?
kestrel musa3rd
Posted on 14 August 19 at 15:05
ist About the midnight Skin gear pack the day you open it the day you get the cheevo
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.