Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Rocket League is Removing Randomised Loot Crates

AuthorMessage
Canezza
Canezza
Posted on 07 August 19 at 09:57
Will take on a new loot system similar to Fortnite Save the World, says Psyonix

Please click here to read the story: Rocket League is Removing Randomised Loot Crates
R6 Hayden
Posted on 07 August 19 at 11:02
This game actually did crates well but I get it.
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.”
StuartATrueRed
Posted on 07 August 19 at 12:27
I think it's the right thing to do. At least you will know what you are getting instead of it being a surprise, and then being disappointed you didn't get what you wanted.
iiTs Hawk
iiTs Hawk
Posted on 07 August 19 at 13:14
I wish all publishers would do this.
CheshireMulisha
Posted on 07 August 19 at 13:56
R6 Hayden said:
No, no they don't.
They'll give you a loot box occasionally after a match but you can't open the box without buying a key to unlock it with real cash. Which a pretty scummy tactic when you see all of these potentially cool things in your inventory that you can't actually use.
StK I
StK I
Posted on 07 August 19 at 14:36
Sounds like good news to me
Elite1111111111
Posted on 07 August 19 at 14:46, Edited on 07 August 19 at 14:49 by Elite1111111111
CheshireMulisha said:
R6 Hayden said:
No, no they don't.
They'll give you a loot box occasionally after a match but you can't open the box without buying a key to unlock it with real cash. Which a pretty scummy tactic when you see all of these potentially cool things in your inventory that you can't actually use.
AFAIK it's actually done like that to avoid gambling laws, which would make it even more scummy. I.E. - Since you're paying for a key instead of a randomly generated box it's less likely to be regulated since the player knows what they're buying. Even then it looks like Psyonix had already done away with the system in Belgium and The Netherlands due to regulation.
Mr Peanutbubber
Posted on 07 August 19 at 14:54
I stopped opening crates when they introduced the Rocket Pass. A much better system for cosmetic rewards in my opinion. But I also just switched to PC and don't really care what my car looks like. Glad the RL community is supporting this transition. As long as Psyonix keeps supporting this already great game, I'm always down to keep playing! toast
"What is this...a crossover episode?!"
PSYCHADELICACE
Posted on 07 August 19 at 15:02
'we are dedicated to creating the best possible experience for our players all over the world''
so why add gambling in the first place then?
ICE Faux Pirate
Posted on 07 August 19 at 15:23
So.....will this make some achievements unobtainable? Aren't there some relating to loot crates? I don't really remember.
Doc, Doc, noose
Tanelorn82
Tanelorn82
Posted on 07 August 19 at 17:31
yeah, these crates are annoying. No way I will pay for cosmetic items. I open a create once in a while when I get a Decryptor.
Welcome to TA, where stats are made up and some achievements do not matter.
Mr Peanutbubber
Posted on 07 August 19 at 19:21
ICE Faux Pirate said:
So.....will this make some achievements unobtainable? Aren't there some relating to loot crates? I don't really remember.
No. There are achievements for getting Painted or Certified items, but none for opening crates. You can get these types of items from crates, but you can also get them from naturally playing the game or from the Rocket Pass reward system.
"What is this...a crossover episode?!"
Two Noble Jedi
Posted on 09 August 19 at 08:31
Great news
FuzzedUpCookie
Posted on 09 August 19 at 10:55
stupid kids and non paying attention parents that rack up bills and then complain it's the game company's fault roll i couldn't even use the keys in Rocket League that i EARNED WHILE PLAYING because of that stupid law over here...hope this makes it better tho..
Boosting achieves/games on my to-do/boost-request list. Interested? Send me a PM on TA/XBL!
Stevo6483
Stevo6483
Posted on 11 August 19 at 00:56
Good, it's a crap system. I've only ever opened a few crates and I always end up with items for cars I don't own or I get some shit I've already got. The whole random wheelspin thing is bullshit.
Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.