Community Events Forum

Forum to discuss TrueAchievements Community Events

Skipped UHH 2019?

AuthorMessage
ShadowRaven9
ShadowRaven9
Posted on 08 August 19 at 20:43
I saw a thread on the matter, are we really skipping this year? If so, why? I liked the basic format, how come it cant be reinvented behind the scenes and run classically at the same time?
silver the XII
Posted on 21 August 19 at 17:29, Edited on 21 August 19 at 17:33 by silver the XII
I saw the thread about this too. I'm wondering if UHH is still happening this year or not. I don't actually mind if it is not happening, but i'm really not sure, because I remember Trueachievement mentioning having to do something 'next year' for the next UHH in the UHH 4 thread somewhere (But I don't know where this post is), but in April this year in this thread: UHH, Planting said there were no plans for a UHH 5 for this year.

If Planting or some other moderator who knows what is happening with UHH can reconfirm Whether it is happening this year or not, then that would be great.

Edit: Found the page that the post was on: Ultimate Head to Head 4 - Discussion
KinectKid333
KinectKid333
Posted on 21 August 19 at 19:53, Edited on 21 August 19 at 20:10 by KinectKid333
There has been forum drama every year that UHH happened (except for maybe the first year). UHH2 it was about preloading and UHH3 and UHH4 were about alt accounts. Every year TA Staff have threatened to not do it the following year if the drama was kept up, which is a really good example of a few people ruining it for everyone, as most people aren't even aware of the drama and nearly everybody isn't actually involved with it. They could have finally got fed up with it and decided they really weren't going to do it again because of all the drama

Edit: I remembered a few more things. UHH1 there was also drama about requiring the inclusion of all games on your card, so there were problems when a game was selected that the gamer no longer had access to. There was also a reprise of this in UHH3 about people not having enough leeway on their collection manipulation because they sold their 360s, and there was a second reprise of this in UHH4 about the same issue AND the fact that the game removal number was a constant number, not a percentage, giving gamers with less games on their card an "advantage" (arguable)
Kinect is not dead; change my mind.
silver the XII
Posted on 21 August 19 at 21:35
KinectKid333 said:
There has been forum drama every year that UHH happened (except for maybe the first year). UHH2 it was about preloading and UHH3 and UHH4 were about alt accounts. Every year TA Staff have threatened to not do it the following year if the drama was kept up, which is a really good example of a few people ruining it for everyone, as most people aren't even aware of the drama and nearly everybody isn't actually involved with it. They could have finally got fed up with it and decided they really weren't going to do it again because of all the drama

Edit: I remembered a few more things. UHH1 there was also drama about requiring the inclusion of all games on your card, so there were problems when a game was selected that the gamer no longer had access to. There was also a reprise of this in UHH3 about people not having enough leeway on their collection manipulation because they sold their 360s, and there was a second reprise of this in UHH4 about the same issue AND the fact that the game removal number was a constant number, not a percentage, giving gamers with less games on their card an "advantage" (arguable)
I think that if UHH is not happening this year, all of this might be the reason why. But it could be for some entirely different reason that I'm not aware of. Also, GTASC 2019 has already had some drama too, but it seems like the competition is not going to stop any time in the near future. Lastly, i'm still is not certain whether UHH is going to happen this year or continue next year (Even though it probably wont happen this year), because that hasn't been confirmed again yet.
ChinDocta
ChinDocta
Posted on 21 August 19 at 22:20
It's definitely 100% not happening this year.
GI Flagging Manager
silver the XII
Posted on 21 August 19 at 22:34
ChinDocta said:
Ah okay, that's perfectly fine, at least there is still GTASC to compete in. Also, do you know why UHH isn't happening this year?
KinectKid333
KinectKid333
Posted on 23 August 19 at 01:35
silver the XII said:
ChinDocta said:
Ah okay, that's perfectly fine, at least there is still GTASC to compete in. Also, do you know why UHH isn't happening this year?
I second this, I'd also like to know the reason
Kinect is not dead; change my mind.
aLackofGravitas
Posted on 28 August 19 at 21:51
KinectKid333 said:
silver the XII said:
ChinDocta said:
I second this, I'd also like to know the reason
Just look at the previous years’ forums.

The amount of whining and complaining about something that is purely for fun and free was just pitiful and embarrassing to read every year.

I don’t blame the admins one bit for wanting to avoid doing it again.
ShadowRaven9
ShadowRaven9
Posted on 03 September 19 at 22:43
Its sad but it was the one event that got me off my ass and had me play games in my backlog and inspire me to get back to them. A random list just doesnt cut, it was pure fun and should be brought back with any monetary reward (paid membership) removed. OR someone could start a club to host little ones every month or something.

So much potential for those who enjoyed it and didnt cheat/abuse mechanics.
silver the XII
Posted on 03 September 19 at 23:41
It seems like that we will get to do another UHH next year though, as Planting said that it would ''hopefully return next year'' in that other thread asking about UHH5. It isn't fully guaranteed though, but i'm hoping what he said will stay true and that it will return better than ever before.
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 04 September 19 at 07:50
silver the XII said:
It seems like that we will get to do another UHH next year though, as Planting said that it would ''hopefully return next year'' in that other thread asking about UHH5. It isn't fully guaranteed though, but i'm hoping what he said will stay true and that it will return better than ever before.
You make it sound like "hopefully" is a guarantee....
silver the XII
Posted on 04 September 19 at 15:08
TheMaize said:
silver the XII said:
You make it sound like "hopefully" is a guarantee....
I did say that it wasn’t fully guaranteed though. Read my comment again and then you should see.
StK I
StK I
Posted on 04 September 19 at 15:19
Not a big fan of the event anyway, but the fact that people raise such a stink as to get the event cancelled is sad in itself
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.