Community News Forum

News for and about the community. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

New Walkthroughs for July 2019 – Madden NFL 20, Shenmue and Final Fantasy XII

AuthorMessage
LifeSuxPlayHALO
Posted on 12 August 19 at 06:14, Edited on 12 August 19 at 06:16 by LifeSuxPlayHALO
I really appreciate everyone who has every written a guide to an achievement. This whole website, the amazing creators behind it, the fellow achievement hunters, and the community as a whole are all insanely awesome. To anyone who has ever taken the time to create entire walkthroughs to games; seriously you guys f*cking kill it. When it comes to large games I can’t imagine the amount of time/work that goes into making a walkthrough. You make achievement hunting easy.
Achievement Unlocked: “Best Walkthroughs Ever!”
Throni360
Throni360
Posted on 12 August 19 at 06:24, Edited on 14 August 19 at 11:14 by Beanpotter
IronInfidel47 said:
That said, I've only seen this porting issue once many months ago and it has been fixed since then. I don't doubt that there are other cases and it'd be neat it someone mentioned what they were.
Could've been that one. It was one to three years ago.

And LOL @ those who think I'm a idiot that mistakes embedded videos for written text.
Sangriaz
Sangriaz
Posted on 12 August 19 at 09:01, Edited on 15 August 19 at 08:30 by Beanpotter
Throni360 said:
IronInfidel47 said:
That said, I've only seen this porting issue once many months ago and it has been fixed since then. I don't doubt that there are other cases and it'd be neat it someone mentioned what they were.
Could've been that one. It was one to three years ago.

And LOL @ those who think I'm a idiot that mistakes embedded videos for written text.
I didn't think you were a idiot, but you couldn't name an actual walkthrough that had this problem and as ironInfidel47 demonstrated, writing [cn_T] or whatever used on TrueTrophies do not actually display PS4 control buttons, so the author really would have to go out of their way to bring an image of PS4 control button icons to an Xbox site. So, actual text having such error seemed unlikely, and only thing I could think of was that you saw a linked video that had PS4 controls and were complaining about that portion not having Xbox controls. It has nothing to do with being low intelligence, human memory always likes to play tricks on us and we can sometimes remember things differently.
Yeltruk
Yeltruk
Posted on 12 August 19 at 09:31
Thanks everyone!
St3phosaurus
St3phosaurus
Posted on 12 August 19 at 11:46
Thanks to all the walkthrough writers for this month! And thanks to everyone who's contributing to the improvement of published walkthroughs as well :)
BushidoBrown305
Posted on 12 August 19 at 13:27
Thanks to all who take their own time to make these. I don’t use them as I’m more of a video guide type of player but I understand and appreciate the hard work that goes into these walkthroughs toast
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 12 August 19 at 14:50, Edited on 12 August 19 at 15:01 by J4CKA1
FreelancerMillz said:
The walkthroughs on the site are what brought me to it from xboxachievements. For me they’re on par with gaming sessions. Keep up the good work guys.
Uh, yes. Going back to xboxachievements feels like going back to 1997.

Also, CRACKDOWN!! WOOT! Time to finish this one.
StK I
StK I
Posted on 12 August 19 at 15:47
Hopefully you'll keep posting these, good to be updated on wts
Dang3R Gaming
Dang3R Gaming
Posted on 12 August 19 at 17:40
StK I said:
From what Sam has told me, there isn't much for me to do on them with how front page news has now changed, so I basically wouldn't be doing anything. I'll likely do them on a blog myself, but if they're on the front page, Sam will be the one doing them from now on is the gist I got when talking to him.
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 12 August 19 at 19:02
StK I said:
Seconded. I never would have known that Crackdown finally had a WT if not for this post.
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 13 August 19 at 03:50
J4CKA1 said:
StK I said:
Seconded. I never would have known that Crackdown finally had a WT if not for this post.
In case you didn't know, you can request to be notified when a specific walkthrough goes live, even if no one is working on it at the moment.
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 13 August 19 at 04:30
Shinnizle said:
J4CKA1 said:
StK I said:
In case you didn't know, you can request to be notified when a specific walkthrough goes live, even if no one is working on it at the moment.
Huh, you learn something new every day. Fortunately today was a good day.
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 13 August 19 at 05:25
Yeah, you just go to any game without a walkthrough, click the Walkthrough tab, and you should have a button that says "Notify me when this walkthrough is published".
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 13 August 19 at 05:44
I don't think I've ever clicked that link before if it didn't have the purple asterisk next to it, so thanks for pointing it out laugh
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 13 August 19 at 13:08
Shinnizle said:
Yeah, you just go to any game without a walkthrough, click the Walkthrough tab, and you should have a button that says "Notify me when this walkthrough is published".
Wow, that's the hot tip for the day. Going to put this into practice from here on out.

Thanks.
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 13 August 19 at 17:52
No worries. It is a very useful feature.
x Mataeus x
x Mataeus x
Posted on 14 August 19 at 10:07
As TA becomes more corporate, it's good to see the community continuing to get thanks from the staff.

The fact that this amazing and selfless bunch of people spend their own time writing these, even when it often means it will tank their own TA score after the fact, should continue to be celebrated - and it is being.

Good job folks!
"I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.