Game Discussion: Apex Legends Forum

New player advice needed

AuthorMessage
Rascalov USA
Posted on 11 August 19 at 21:52
I just started playing Apex today and I am finding it very difficult. I have played 14 matches so far and gotten 0 wins and only 1 kill. I’m playing with Wraith as my main and Gibraltar as my secondary. I find that I usually get killed within the first 5 minutes of a match starting. I have played BR games before but not much. I am also playing solo. Anyone have any tips?
Fejer
Fejer
Posted on 14 August 19 at 09:06
For me personally Apex Legends is the first battle royal game I started playing (it got me interested because I enjoyed Titanfall 1 & 2 and my friends started playing the game on PS4).

Before even playing the game, I watched a ton of beginners guide videos on youtube. My favorite youtuber regarding Apex Legends guides became "Raynday Gaming", since he has a pleasant voice and positive vibe in his videos: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=raynday+gaming+...

You will also find videos on his channel about each location of the map (pre season 2 changes), ranking of weapons, ranking & explaining abilities & legends and guides on how to stay alive longer or how to improve your chances to win a game.

If you don't want to spend too much time watching videos, then my recommendation is to go through the training mode and give each weapon a try on the shooting range. Some players recommend to change to "steady aim" under the controller configuration, since the aiming input is more responsive.

Also during gameplay I usually would recommend to land somewhere further away from the path of the drop ship and avoid "hot zones" to increase your chance of survival so you can learn the map layout and locations for loot containers. If you have a headset with a microphone feel free to tell people that you are rather new and would appreciate tips and help. Some selfish player will probably disconnect (though they might also do it if they see your "beginner stats"), but I guess around 70% of the players are friendly and will help you improve.
Sanjoe
Sanjoe
Posted on 14 August 19 at 09:32
Fejer said:
For me personally Apex Legends is the first battle royal game I started playing (it got me interested because I enjoyed Titanfall 1 & 2 and my friends started playing the game on PS4).

Before even playing the game, I watched a ton of beginners guide videos on youtube. My favorite youtuber regarding Apex Legends guides became "Raynday Gaming", since he has a pleasant voice and positive vibe in his videos: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=raynday+gaming+...

You will also find videos on his channel about each location of the map (pre season 2 changes), ranking of weapons, ranking & explaining abilities & legends and guides on how to stay alive longer or how to improve your chances to win a game.

If you don't want to spend too much time watching videos, then my recommendation is to go through the training mode and give each weapon a try on the shooting range. Some players recommend to change to "steady aim" under the controller configuration, since the aiming input is more responsive.

Also during gameplay I usually would recommend to land somewhere further away from the path of the drop ship and avoid "hot zones" to increase your chance of survival so you can learn the map layout and locations for loot containers. If you have a headset with a microphone feel free to tell people that you are rather new and would appreciate tips and help. Some selfish player will probably disconnect (though they might also do it if they see your "beginner stats"), but I guess around 70% of the players are friendly and will help you improve.
rock
The Real Sanjoe ¦ Just a German with no english skills
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.