Game Discussion: Lies of Astaroth Forum

Is Forest God worth it?

AuthorMessage
Arashi Sora
Arashi Sora
Posted on 13 August 19 at 11:16
Today's the last day for this event. There's an offering of a level 15 Forest God with 4th Skill Quick-Strike: Reanimation for spending 17000 crystals. However, I don't know what the other skills it has are and if it's worth it.
mit0ka
mit0ka
Posted on 13 August 19 at 16:58
It’s $200. Of course it’s not worth it. It doesn’t even matter what the other skills are. Unless they are: clean up after you, cook for you, and perform oral sex... then no— it’s not worth it. I think the skills are actually: 1) QS chain of nebula, 2) take the hits for your hero, 3) after death, 100% chance to be returned to the battlefield. Pretty great skills, especially if you add that 4th skill. I would spend 17,000 crystals that I had to get it. But you have to “recharge” (purchase in-game crystals with real life money) 17,000 crystals... which will cost you $200 of REAL money. Go buy Borderlands super deluxe edition for $99. Or go get a massage for a few hours. Or adopt a dog. The game has WAY too many issues to even consider such a ridiculous purchase. I must admit, there is some weird addictive part of the stupid game which I cannot for the life of me understand. But it doesn’t deserve your REAL money. And there is no need. I mean, for instance: I consistently can manage to finish in the top 50-70 of the PvP battles, and I’ve completed all maps through map 20 (except for one level in world 19 that asks to eliminate all of the seemingly never ending cards), completed torment through map 16, and have most all of the strong cards that many people rely on... but I’ve never spent one single cent of real money on any part of the game. Ive simply wasted countless hours, but that’s another thing entirely.

NOT WORTH IT.
Arashi Sora
Arashi Sora
Posted on 13 August 19 at 23:37, Edited on 13 August 19 at 23:38 by Arashi Sora
I had 25000 crystals before the event (all from F2P) so I wouldn't be actually be spending money on it. But it's still a lot of crystals to burn through for one card that may or may not be any good.
Carlton Slayer
Posted on 14 August 19 at 07:47
mit0ka said:
It’s $200. Of course it’s not worth it. It doesn’t even matter what the other skills are. Unless they are: clean up after you, cook for you, and perform oral sex... then no— it’s not worth it. I think the skills are actually: 1) QS chain of nebula, 2) take the hits for your hero, 3) after death, 100% chance to be returned to the battlefield. Pretty great skills, especially if you add that 4th skill. I would spend 17,000 crystals that I had to get it. But you have to “recharge” (purchase in-game crystals with real life money) 17,000 crystals... which will cost you $200 of REAL money. Go buy Borderlands super deluxe edition for $99. Or go get a massage for a few hours. Or adopt a dog. The game has WAY too many issues to even consider such a ridiculous purchase. I must admit, there is some weird addictive part of the stupid game which I cannot for the life of me understand. But it doesn’t deserve your REAL money. And there is no need. I mean, for instance: I consistently can manage to finish in the top 50-70 of the PvP battles, and I’ve completed all maps through map 20 (except for one level in world 19 that asks to eliminate all of the seemingly never ending cards), completed torment through map 16, and have most all of the strong cards that many people rely on... but I’ve never spent one single cent of real money on any part of the game. Ive simply wasted countless hours, but that’s another thing entirely.

NOT WORTH IT.
This right here. I've not spent any RL money on this game and have only used what I've earned as far as in game crystals to buy anything. I consistently finish off the Dungeon, can manage to get between 5th and 10th place in the twice daily Demon Invasion (even with the hacker who wipes out the Demon in 10 seconds) and have finished as high as 21 in the PvP. There are no real 'invincible' cards in this game as Immunity can be overcome with Silence and cards that resist Silence are stil vulnerable to Magic Erosion and skills that act the same as Holy Flame such as Eliminate on Monster Platinum. Save your crystals for your clan if you're in one and nothing is at max yet. BTW Forest God has a 65% chance to return to the field when killed...
mit0ka
mit0ka
Posted on 14 August 19 at 08:44
Arashi Sora said:
I had 25000 crystals before the event (all from F2P) so I wouldn't be actually be spending money on it. But it's still a lot of crystals to burn through for one card that may or may not be any good.
Now I get why you are asking what you’re asking. You are missing a big point. Don’t feel bad, I wasn’t sure of it at first, either. You are thinking that it’s a matter of spending crystals. But it’s not.

If it were simply spending crystals you had earned (through daily login, special events, PvP ranking, Lilith, whatever...), I might spend it for a card like that. Especially if it were guaranteed. So many times people can spend all the crystals they have and still not get the card they were aiming for. It’s happened to me— so frustrating, because not only do you have none left as you’ve spent it all... but then you don’t even have anything to show for it. Insulting.

But the Forest God card is not for SPENDING crystals. It’s for BUYING crystals. As in, going to the Microsoft store, putting in credit card information, and spending REAL money for............. LoA in-game crystals. To get that amount: there is a package selling 17,800 crystals for, get this: $199.99!

So, now that you understand that, I guess my tone in the last message will probably make a little more sense. I wasn’t trying to be a jerk, I just think it’s insane they would have an “event” like this. But that’s not as crazy as someone actually going through with buying it!!
Jujii8
Jujii8
Posted on 14 August 19 at 16:02
Yeah, don't spend real money on this game. $200 is NOT worth one good card.
Dr SPIDEY
Dr SPIDEY
Posted on 16 August 19 at 06:46
Not worth it. And apparently, this will be a recurring thing now.

http://loaxbox.fingertactic.com/2019/08/16/purchase-crystals...

As much as I've liked the game, this new paywall approach coupled with the horrible server issues is probably going to be a nail in their coffin. It might not be so bad if we could at least have better options for 4th skills that we've spent hard earned materials to level up in-game. These pay-for-4th skills are incredibly superior to what we currently have available.

I also wouldn't trust Finger Tactic to refund those big purchases if they shutdown sooner than later either like a lot of other companies have done in the past. These are obvious cash grabs aimed at completionists. Thankfully, $200 is beyond my range of temptation.
Carlton Slayer
Posted on 16 August 19 at 23:38, Edited on 16 August 19 at 23:39 by Carlton Slayer
One of the first things I look for with 'super cards' like these is to see what they're vulnerable to. If it can't resist Silence then it's just difficult to kill but not impossible. For cards that can repel Silence they're still vulnerable to Magic Erosion or any of the status effects from runes and skills (unless they have the Evasion skill like Stars Ruler, among others). Heck, the 5 star Kingdom card Admiral already has Evasion, Resistance and Blizzard 8- if this card could get Immunity or resist Silence as a 4th skill it would be damn near unbeatable, and yet it's a card most of us have that routinely gets ignored. Unless they create a card that has Immunity and also resists Silence there is NO card in this game worth spending RL money on...
mit0ka
mit0ka
Posted on 17 August 19 at 08:06
I think Varian wrynn (sp?) has immunity and can’t be silenced. Plus he’s got an attack boost like Leo and silver wing... but still— not worth actually BUYING. It was the top 10 reward for Lilith a while ago, and looked awesome but was unattainable for the likes of me with only one account. Lo and behold, now I have one, I think it was from one of the map 20 3-star rewards? Same with white tiger master being a top reward: then I later got it in a 50 crystals (which I’ve never paid for) pack while trying to get something else (I think it was dark heart?)
Carlton Slayer
Posted on 17 August 19 at 15:43
mit0ka said:
I think Varian wrynn (sp?) has immunity and can’t be silenced. Plus he’s got an attack boost like Leo and silver wing... but still— not worth actually BUYING. It was the top 10 reward for Lilith a while ago, and looked awesome but was unattainable for the likes of me with only one account. Lo and behold, now I have one, I think it was from one of the map 20 3-star rewards? Same with white tiger master being a top reward: then I later got it in a 50 crystals (which I’ve never paid for) pack while trying to get something else (I think it was dark heart?)
You're right about Varian Wrynn (I thought there might be a card with both those skills already but wasn't sure) but his Immunity Skill makes him vulnerable to Magic Erosion- that and skills like Eliminate like and Annihilation, which act like Holy Flame when the card's HP reach 0. Tough, but not unbeatable...
mit0ka
mit0ka
Posted on 17 August 19 at 20:44
Agreed, not it’s not like fighting a skillfully built deck... just an expensively bought/ strong card. It’s BS.

To all— has anyone seen someone with either of the $200 cards yet? I hope they screenshot it for the club, and post name on here
seward101
seward101
Posted today at 06:09
200 quid for a card? Robbing bastards!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.