Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Sigma Achievements Revealed for Overwatch: Origins Edition

AuthorMessage
Nighthawk205
Nighthawk205
Posted on 13 August 19 at 18:15
2 achievements for 30 Gamerscore

Please click here to read the story: Sigma Achievements Revealed for Overwatch: Origins Edition
Fooga
Fooga
Posted on 13 August 19 at 18:28
After watching a lot of his gameplay, these shouldn't be too bad.
FEAR EPIDEMIC
FEAR EPIDEMIC
Posted on 13 August 19 at 18:34, Edited on 13 August 19 at 18:34 by FEAR EPIDEMIC
When does he come out?
Microtransactions are EVIL!
Zukape
Zukape
Posted on 13 August 19 at 18:41
FEAR EPIDEMIC said:
When does he come out?
Meant to be today. Around 6-8pm in UK time.
The SCHWARTZ 00
Posted on 13 August 19 at 18:54
Guess Destiny 2 and Dying Light have to wait until these are done.
The SCHWARTZ 00
Posted on 13 August 19 at 18:57
Fooga said:
After watching a lot of his gameplay, these shouldn't be too bad.
Yeah just watched a video of his ult, 3 killing blows shouldn't be a problem.
Skuller 1O1
Skuller 1O1
Posted on 13 August 19 at 19:02
I'm glad they made the achievements reasonable for Sigma and not something dumb like get 4+ killing blows or catch 6 in your ult. These seem actually doable smile
DiegoTan
DiegoTan
Posted on 13 August 19 at 19:05
I played like a maniac for a year or so, but Overwatch bored me to death. Hope they make a new game mode which will ressurect the game, otherwise I don't plan on coming back.
TRUEACHIEVEMENTS! Please add notifications about a reply, because I NEVER got my replies, so I probably missed like 100.
DubstepEdgelord
Posted on 13 August 19 at 19:05
As much as I hate a lot of the achievements in this game, I should be able to get these done.
DubstepEdgelord
gobey17
gobey17
Posted on 13 August 19 at 20:20
Yay, here we go again.
Flabyo
Flabyo
Posted on 13 August 19 at 21:52
The one based on his Ultimate should be easy if you’re communicating, one game I played just now the player should’ve got it cause I tossed a Junkrat mine into the enemies as they came down. Boom.

Sigma seems fun, being able to deploy, cancel then redeploy the shield with no cooldown is petty strong, you can boss a Pharah around with it in highly amusing fashion.

The second cheevo might be harder, 350 is a fair amount of damage to absorb given how long that ability runs for.
gobey17
gobey17
Posted on 13 August 19 at 22:13
It might be a bit more annoying now to go for character-specific achievements since they've added the role queue. As if two players choose before you a character from a specific role; tank, healer, etc, then your locked out from the roles that's been filled. :/
Fooga
Fooga
Posted on 13 August 19 at 22:49, Edited on 13 August 19 at 22:49 by Fooga
gobey17 said:
It might be a bit more annoying now to go for character-specific achievements since they've added the role queue. As if two players choose before you a character from a specific role; tank, healer, etc, then your locked out from the roles that's been filled. :/
Yeah. In QP once the roles are locked in, only the two tanks can trade Sigma. Everyone else has to wait until next game to lock in tanks. Apparently Blizzard is saying that it’s a bug that players aren’t able to trade roles in QP, though, so that could be fixed soon.
Excalibran
Excalibran
Posted on 14 August 19 at 00:22
achievements are impossible
The SCHWARTZ 00
Posted on 14 August 19 at 03:30
Holy shit his ult achievement is way tougher than I thought. laugh
StK I
StK I
Posted on 14 August 19 at 05:28
Easy enough to boost but getting this legit is kind of a pain
VGM 007
VGM 007
Posted on 14 August 19 at 07:52
Even on day one, everyone playing is just so accustomed to not firing into a shield block move. In the games I played, soon as you put up the kinetic grasp, everyone just backs off like Genjis sword block. I thought I might get it when a reaper landed right beside into his Ult & I blocked the whole thing, but that wasn't enough. I feel there is maybe a handful of ults that would work like BOB, Roadhog, powered up orisa, Pharah.

Nor was the game telling me I got a quadruple kill when I hit the ult good enough to pop the cheevo.
crewdy4923
crewdy4923
Posted on 14 August 19 at 08:51
I quite like Sigma so far. His shield isn't too OP as long as you know who his counters are. Blocking someones Ult from a distance with it is also highly amusing.

VGM 007 said:
I thought I might get it when a reaper landed right beside into his Ult & I blocked the whole thing, but that wasn't enough. I feel there is maybe a handful of ults that would work like BOB, Roadhog, powered up orisa, Pharah.
Reapers Ult does 510 total damage so I don't think he deals enough individual damage for it to count.

As you say though, Roadhog, Pharah & Ashe seem the obvious choices because the damage is constant and concentrated, but Hanzo, Junkrat and D.va could also work if you are close enough as they do MASSIVE damage if you are at ground zero when they Ult.

Pretty much all of the absorb/deal damage achievements are ridiculous in practice though.

---

gobey17 said:
The quickplay role lock is defo a bug, my brother asked them directly on Twitter and they confirmed. Hope that's fixed by tonight, it killed Quickplay for me yesterday.
Flabyo
Flabyo
Posted on 14 August 19 at 09:55
Role lock isn’t meant to be in quick play until September 1st, but it is intended that it will be there.

I’m not so sure it makes the character specific ones harder though, you’re only competing with one other player to pick the character you want instead of five.
gobey17
gobey17
Posted on 14 August 19 at 11:57, Edited on 14 August 19 at 11:58 by gobey17
I got the absorb one against a Roadhog using his ult directly at me. I only think projectile type stuff like bullets will be absorbed, so something like Dva's ult won't.

Sigma's ult I've got close with two squishy's though his ult takes a while to charge so yeah, bit annoying (getting horrible flashbacks of trying to do Doomfist's with his small, predictable circle *shudder*).
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.