Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Slay The Spire Is Now On Xbox One And Game Pass

AuthorMessage
BulbAssured
Posted on 14 August 19 at 09:17
The highly popular RPG card game is out now for Xbox One

Please click here to read the story: Slay The Spire Is Now On Xbox One And Game Pass
Skrubits
Skrubits
Posted on 14 August 19 at 09:27
His Twitter “name” is beyond cringy.
Would you kindly?
stebeer85
stebeer85
Posted on 14 August 19 at 09:53
Don't like Card games, Lack off interest and boring, So no thanks but nice addition to those who do.
FiveWizz
FiveWizz
Posted on 14 August 19 at 10:52
Skrubits said:
But that's his actual name? or do you mean the characters/font he's used?
Mr Peanutbubber
Posted on 14 August 19 at 10:58
Looks interesting. Is this already on Game Pass for PC? Sounds familiar...
"What is this...a crossover episode?!"
Stinky Big Buds
Posted on 14 August 19 at 11:39
Not really a fan of card games or Major Nelson so nothing for me, sure some people will enjoy it though just not my kinda thing.
eohjay
eohjay
Posted on 14 August 19 at 12:05
I really hope achievements get added to the PC version.
Skrubits
Skrubits
Posted on 14 August 19 at 12:44
FiveWizz said:
Skrubits said:
Yes, of course I mean the font he’s using.
Would you kindly?
FiveWizz
FiveWizz
Posted on 14 August 19 at 12:53
Skrubits said:
FiveWizz said:
Skrubits said:
Yes, of course I mean the font he’s using.
I don't see a problem with it. But fair enough (Of course).
Seitzz
Seitzz
Posted on 14 August 19 at 13:04
Think I’m passing on this one
MrNatrakh
MrNatrakh
Posted on 14 August 19 at 13:32
So glad it finally came to xbox
sticr
sticr
Posted on 14 August 19 at 14:16
Q about the game: when they refer to deck building, is it A) build one main deck from some kind of home base and maybe tweak it, but that's your deck throughout the game/"run" (like maybe Hearthstone) or B) you make this-or-that decisions on what cards to add to your deck based on the game throwing card choices at you WHILE you progress? (Somewhat like board games like Clank! or Splendor)
Vulgar Latin
Vulgar Latin
Posted on 14 August 19 at 14:22
sticr said:
Q about the game: when they refer to deck building, is it A) build one main deck from some kind of home base and maybe tweak it, but that's your deck throughout the game/"run" (like maybe Hearthstone) or B) you make this-or-that decisions on what cards to add to your deck based on the game throwing card choices at you WHILE you progress? (Somewhat like board games like Clank! or Splendor)
It plays like Dominion. You start with a base set of cards and after encounters, you build it with different cards. It's a really neat game.
Albert Scale
Albert Scale
Posted on 14 August 19 at 14:28
Mr Peanutbubber said:
Looks interesting. Is this already on Game Pass for PC? Sounds familiar...
It's available in the Microsoft Store app for me on Win 10 as a Game Pass for PC download but I have no idea if it's play anywhere, stackable or maybe even no achievements on Windows.
MungBard
MungBard
Posted on 14 August 19 at 14:33
It's a fun distraction on PC...I usually play through a run before bed. Would be great to have the cheevos on that side.
Inspector 74
Inspector 74
Posted on 14 August 19 at 15:54
Harry Hyrb just doesnt look like the sorta guy I would leave my kids with he really freaks my out Phil Spencer on the other hand 100% Coolio Englazius
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 14 August 19 at 18:15, Edited on 14 August 19 at 18:17 by zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Only card game ive ever played and liked was gwent in witcher as well as thronebreaker. Which i imagine i only enjoyed bc of its lore and its ties to the witcher series. I cant imagine getting into any other card game outside of that scenario. For people that do like them, ive only heard great things about this one! I like that they keep adding an assortment of varying games and genres, little something for everyone out there! toast
Matthew
LIL SH4DY
LIL SH4DY
Posted on 14 August 19 at 19:15
I'm curious how similar it is to Hand of Fate? A game I gave a chance with GwG and ended up really enjoying even though it is not typically my kind of game, might give this a chance with GP as well.
eayragt
eayragt
Posted on 14 August 19 at 19:47
As this thread might bring card game fans in, my reminder of a card game which has been sadly overlooked:

Eternal Card Game Achievements

Free to play. Don't play for a quick completion, do if you want a new pick up and play game with great mechanics (Magic-esque, but different in a good way, taking advantage of being truly digital rather than also paper), a fair F2P model, that's being constantly updated by the developers.
Say everything with a smile
Lockie
Lockie
Posted on 15 August 19 at 03:08
LIL SH4DY said:
I'm curious how similar it is to Hand of Fate? A game I gave a chance with GwG and ended up really enjoying even though it is not typically my kind of game, might give this a chance with GP as well.
It's like Hand of Fate but backwards. In this game you do your deckbuilding as you move across a board (each enemy encounter gives you 3 options you can choose from). The cards are used in a turn-based battle system and there are also relics & potions you can use if you have any.

The strategy lies in choosing cards that synergise with one another or with your hero's skill set. The game that it most reminds me of that I've played is Hearthstone's dungeon mode.
Posting from sunny Australia.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.