Game Discussion: Vampyr (Win 10) Forum

A Bloody Unobtainable! (Vampyr Win 10)

AuthorMessage
Healtti
Healtti
Posted on 14 August 19 at 18:48
Heads up! It appears an early-game achievement is currently unobtainable.

Vampyr (Win 10)Work in progressThe Work in progress achievement in Vampyr (Win 10) worth 10 pointsUpgrade a weapon

The above achievement, Work-in-progress, is a prerequisite to
Vampyr (Win 10)That's betterThe That's better achievement in Vampyr (Win 10) worth 17 pointsUpgrade a weapon with a module

and as you can see the latter has already been unlocked by several TAers.

If you've already started the game and are collecting all the weapons it might be worth it to stock up on upgrade mats, make a backup save, and upgrade each one to see if you can force it to pop. It's a long shot for sure but on the other hand the odds of them pushing out an achievement fix are very slim, unless there's a list of bugs that need squashing. For comparison, in early June Focus Home Int published Battlefleet Gothic: Armada with 7 unobtainables and I haven't heard that anyone on the dev's side has even acknowledged the issue...

Anyway, if you find a workaround or anything that might help, please do share!
"We aren't planning on doing anything about it." - Bethesda Support North America
Healtti
Healtti
Posted on 19 August 19 at 06:48
Probably safe to add two to the list.
Having completed the X1 version I know that an all collectibles playthrough sets you up to grab these two with very little extra effort.

Vampyr (Win 10)Solid metal gearThe Solid metal gear achievement in Vampyr (Win 10) worth 20 pointsUpgrade a weapon to level 5

Vampyr (Win 10)Secret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Vampyr (Win 10) worth 50 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Maybe the silver lining is that the more broken stuff pops up, the higher the likelihood for a fix. We'll see. Fingers crossed!
"We aren't planning on doing anything about it." - Bethesda Support North America
Monchow
Monchow
Posted on 19 August 19 at 09:52
I've had issues with those 3 as well.
Not sure if it was just my game, but my xbox one controller kept disconnecting and I had to restart the game to get it to work and also the cursor was always off center
Fa1con87
Fa1con87
Posted on 20 August 19 at 16:55
Are the developers aware of the unobtainables?

Do we know if anyone has emailed them?
Healtti
Healtti
Posted on 21 August 19 at 12:47, Edited on 21 August 19 at 12:48 by Healtti
Fa1con87 said:
Are the developers aware of the unobtainables?
Do we know if anyone has emailed them?
I think someone who has the "proof" on their profile is in the best position to do that.
Dev email: contact@dont-nod.com (http://dont-nod.com/en/contact/)
Focus Home's support forum https://forums.focus-home.com/category/207/vampyr-support-fo...
Fa1con87
Fa1con87
Posted on 21 August 19 at 16:56
I think the Anarchy Achievement may also be problematic. I have turned a district hostile and even lost another completely but nothing has unlocked.
Healtti
Healtti
Posted on 27 August 19 at 21:10
Healtti said:
Heads up! It appears an early-game achievement is currently unobtainable.
Vampyr (Win 10)Work in progressThe Work in progress achievement in Vampyr (Win 10) worth 10 pointsUpgrade a weapon

Well, someone got it to pop. Now a whopping 0.01% have unlocked it according to the game page on XBL. That person must've found a workaround of some sort, because earlier today I started a new save with my dummy account to re-upgrade the stake and -- you guessed it -- no achievement.
Healtti
Healtti
Posted on 10 September 19 at 05:49
I sent a few emails out in late August. FHI's Help Desk was the first (and only one so far) to reply. They just confirmed that the issue has been forwared to their Tech Support. At least that's something...right?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.