Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

New Trailer For Gears V Shows off Horde Mode

AuthorMessage
BulbAssured
Posted on 19 August 19 at 17:03
Xbox release the Horde Mode trailer for Gears 5, alongside Inside Xbox

Please click here to read the story: New Trailer For Gears V Shows off Horde Mode
The lMlan
The lMlan
Posted on 19 August 19 at 17:05
Horde looks like it will be much fresher than it was in 4.

Cards leveling up each game as it goes on is much MUCH more preferable than the gambling with packs in hopes of getting horde skills you want only to end up with 4 more green skills you already had maxed out.

Best news to come for this one so far.
It's beginning to look a lot like glitchmas, every game I play
I NVIII I
I NVIII I
Posted on 19 August 19 at 17:10
Halo Reach in Gears 5 before MCC/PC.... nicelaugh
MarsRoverDude
MarsRoverDude
Posted on 19 August 19 at 17:12
But... we do have the Gears 5 Achievements

ChiT0wnRedneck
Posted on 19 August 19 at 17:14
Can’t wait looks fun!
Thief000
Thief000
Posted on 19 August 19 at 17:16
It looks very good, but just like in 4, the class-based game play is make or break.
The Allslayer
The Allslayer
Posted on 19 August 19 at 17:23
MarsRoverDude said:And we've known about the Terminator stuff since E3.
AKAthatoneguy
AKAthatoneguy
Posted on 19 August 19 at 17:27
I'm confused as to how the card system will work because they say you level them up during your playthrough, but at 2:48 you can see a screen where it says you use duplicates to improve skills, which is like the system we had in Gears 4.
The SCHWARTZ 00
Posted on 19 August 19 at 17:32, Edited on 19 August 19 at 17:35 by The SCHWARTZ 00
It's good that now everyone gets the same amount of power. People getting pissed because the Scout didn't get to deposit every single drop of power got tiresome.

I also can't wait to see the other future characters ultimates. Maybe Griffin unleashes a torrent of F-bombs that causes Swarm to implode from within. Dizzy throws his cowboy hat around the entire battlefield, decapitating everything like Kung Lao on steroids. I'm being facetious.
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 19 August 19 at 17:44
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
It's good that now everyone gets the same amount of power. People getting pissed because the Scout didn't get to deposit every single drop of power got tiresome.

I also can't wait to see the other future characters ultimates. Maybe Griffin unleashes a torrent of F-bombs that causes Swarm to implode from within. Dizzy throws his cowboy hat around the entire battlefield, decapitating everything like Kung Lao on steroids. I'm being facetious.
Dizzy will whistle and call in Betty (her titties on) on Betty will mow down anything in her path.
EXTREME Napkin
Posted on 19 August 19 at 17:53
Wait so are classes tied to a specific character now?
Krazie
Krazie
Posted on 19 August 19 at 18:18
Yikes, there are so many errors in such a short article.

Was worried about where they were taking horde, but the information from today alleviated that a bit. Actually seems like some decent improvements.
DrMmmPie
DrMmmPie
Posted on 19 August 19 at 18:45
EXTREME Napkin said:
Wait so are classes tied to a specific character now?
I believe so, if you played the tech test, I feel it will be like arcade mode, in the sense each character had one load out
This post might contain spelling mistakes or grammar errors, I'm dyslexia. Also this may have a different opinion to yours.
RadicalKoopa
RadicalKoopa
Posted on 19 August 19 at 19:13
Who`s Jo? Did James get a sex change?roll
BlackxRyan
BlackxRyan
Posted on 19 August 19 at 19:35
That will probably be the only mode I will play just like Gears 4.
MarsRoverDude
MarsRoverDude
Posted on 19 August 19 at 22:14
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:

I always play as Dizzy so my fear has been that they won't include him in this game. It's unlikely to happen, but still. I would be devastated.

Also, this ability as mentioned... I'd second this.
GtechApocalypse
Posted on 19 August 19 at 22:31
All right!
Gtech
Saran447
Saran447
Posted on 19 August 19 at 22:48
Horde mode - one part of Gears i dont care about. lol. Cant wait to play it, Gears 4 was ok, the ending level was fun with the robot and that saved it. Hopefully Gears 5 will have a really good story.
Yummy Baklava
Yummy Baklava
Posted on 20 August 19 at 01:09
STOP! I don't want to play Gears 5 anytime soon but this shit is making it difficult.

I'm only in it for Horde and the campaign. I suck at the competitive side of it unless it's against the A.I.
Arkham#8076
Arkham
Posted on 20 August 19 at 01:35
Its too bad the Gears franchise isn't better at making fun achievement lists.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.