Game Discussion: Age of Empires: Definitive Edition (Win 10) Forum

Age of Empires: Definitive Edition (Win 10) achievements are now on the site

AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 19 August 19 at 18:33
Age of Empires: Definitive Edition (Win 10) Achievements has 44 Achievements worth 1,250 Gamerscore.
PuRe Pretzel
PuRe Pretzel
Posted on 19 August 19 at 18:41, Edited on 19 August 19 at 18:48 by PuRe Pretzel
Apparently this list will auto pop if you’ve done the other version.
twitter.com/jay_smith
Cheevo Guides
Posted on 19 August 19 at 18:59
Can you stack both versions? Or did they take down the first version?
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 19 August 19 at 19:04
PuRe Pretzel said:
Apparently this list will auto pop if you’ve done the other version.
I'm in!
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
Priinz 31er
Priinz 31er
Posted on 19 August 19 at 19:20
so how can somone get the delisted version
Nighthawk205
Nighthawk205
Posted on 19 August 19 at 19:24
Cheevo Guides said:
The other version has been taken down, but if you already owned it, you can still go to the store link and download it. The two titles have different Title IDs, meaning they can co-exist.
If you didn't own the old version previously, there doesn't appear to be any way to buy it any longer.
SwordofWhedon
SwordofWhedon
Posted on 19 August 19 at 20:15
Please restor the walkthrough, I was only half done
Koding
Koding
Posted on 19 August 19 at 20:28
SwordofWhedon said:
Please restor the walkthrough, I was only half done
There are now 2 versions of this game. The old one, the one you're playing through, has 2018 on the end of it now. The walkthrough is still up for that version:

Age of Empires: Definitive Edition (Win 10) (2018) Walkthrough
62 LEGO game completions on 6 different platforms across TA, TT, and TSA! Over 3,500 achievements/trophies earned in LEGO games!
Tropan
Tropan
Posted on 20 August 19 at 07:26
Nighthawk205 said:
Cheevo Guides said:
The other version has been taken down, but if you already owned it, you can still go to the store link and download it. The two titles have different Title IDs, meaning they can co-exist.
If you didn't own the old version previously, there doesn't appear to be any way to buy it any longer.
You can still buy the 2018 digital code from various sites, just tested it myself and works. Just don't update when it asks, pretty sure that will ruin it heh.
3 Aussies talking about gaming, gamerscore and news! http://realgamerscore.com/
Seitzz
Seitzz
Posted on 20 August 19 at 09:28
Tropan said:
Nighthawk205 said:
Cheevo Guides said:
You can still buy the 2018 digital code from various sites, just tested it myself and works. Just don't update when it asks, pretty sure that will ruin it heh.
Have you got any suggestions for sites or a link? Did some web searching and couldn't find anything.
Seitzz
Seitzz
Posted on 20 August 19 at 09:35
Nevermind...used better keyword searching and found a couple. I'll have to buy one and test it out when I get home in a few days. Do you know if it's anything specific though? I'm assuming that as long as the product page has it listed before the new version came out, that it should be the 2018 version still right? Or was there anything more specific you looked for?
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 20 August 19 at 12:05, Edited on 20 August 19 at 12:21 by Tatl360
Tropan said:
Nighthawk205 said:
Cheevo Guides said:
Hey!
If the game is not updated can it be played online normally or now the achievements must be earned offline?

It seems you are playing it so it should be fine. =)
Now to get a copy while it's still available!
segagamer
401,569 401,569 GamerScore
segagamer
Posted on 20 August 19 at 14:19
The update released today is fine. It just adds a message saying that future updates will be in the other version.
Tropan
Tropan
Posted on 20 August 19 at 19:03, Edited on 20 August 19 at 19:04 by Tropan
Seitzz said:
Nevermind...used better keyword searching and found a couple. I'll have to buy one and test it out when I get home in a few days. Do you know if it's anything specific though? I'm assuming that as long as the product page has it listed before the new version came out, that it should be the 2018 version still right? Or was there anything more specific you looked for?
Just looked for older listings. Gameflip and Instant Gaming have gotten some purchases from a few of us that just picked it up. ~$12 nice deals.
3 Aussies talking about gaming, gamerscore and news! http://realgamerscore.com/
Seitzz
Seitzz
Posted on 21 August 19 at 05:04
Tropan said:
Just looked for older listings. Gameflip and Instant Gaming have gotten some purchases from a few of us that just picked it up. ~$12 nice deals.
I’ll start looking there then, thanks!
I Ebon Hawk I
I Ebon Hawk I
Posted on 21 August 19 at 06:47
Having some trouble accessing the new version of the game. I have the old one installed. When I go to the store page, it just says I already own the game. There is no option for me to install the new version.
KingyOwl
KingyOwl
Posted on 21 August 19 at 13:08
EbonHawk01 said:
Having some trouble accessing the new version of the game. I have the old one installed. When I go to the store page, it just says I already own the game. There is no option for me to install the new version.
Click start and type "winver". If you don't have version 1903 of Windows 10 installed you'll need to check for and install Windows updates to get to that version before the new AoE will install.

(In other words the new game client will only run on 1903 or later).
NellumNai
NellumNai
Posted on 21 August 19 at 14:11
Thanks for that KingyOwl, that's the issue I was having - only had version 1809 of Windows 10 and it flat out refused to install. Fun...
MaseJ
MaseJ
Posted on 22 August 19 at 10:48
Tropan said:
Cheers Tropan! Picked up the delisted version from IG.
Recovski
Recovski
Posted on 22 August 19 at 14:30
I can confirm that cheevos auto pop when you had them already in the 2018 version.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.