The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: August 20th, 2019

AuthorMessage
IBKJJ
IBKJJ
Posted on 21 August 19 at 00:44
First time ever The following has been on sale as separate DLC for dying light. Totally getting that.

I have doubts with A way out, Candle and illusion, any thoughts?
mfeforever
mfeforever
Posted on 21 August 19 at 02:51
Picked up ACA NEOGEO 3 Count Bout, but it will not start.
Any thoughts? Yes uninstalled and reinstalled.
Anyone else buy it? If so, working for you or not?
There is no such thing as too competitive. ;-)
rad fad
rad fad
Posted on 21 August 19 at 03:41
fatDaddy21 said:
Otouto72 said:
I feel Burnout Paradise Remastered is a steal at a fiver but my problem is can I really sit through and go through the whole game all over again?
If you've already played through it once, most of the game will go by really quickly since you already know the map. Kind of a slog to get the tougher achievements again though.
None of it is difficult, it's just grindy af
Ozbrithian
Ozbrithian
Posted on 21 August 19 at 03:55
Well, that's annoying as hell! A bunch of games on sale that I want, but only in Europe! Bah!

Guess my dollars arent good enough for Microsoft this week!
It's wrong to break into someone's house. How would you feel if someone's house broke into you?
Seitzz
Seitzz
Posted on 21 August 19 at 05:25
If anything that was relevant to me in this sale, BO3 season pass and BO3 game/zombie chronicles are both on sale in the US, but BO3 deluxe edition isn’t...$64 vs $40...I’ll be waiting on deluxe for a few more weeks it seems.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 21 August 19 at 11:03, Edited on 21 August 19 at 11:07 by HolyHalfDead
zeldafanjtl said:
HolyHalfDead said:
zeldafanjtl said:
Why doesn't TA just exclude items that aren't on sale in the region you selected prices for?
The full list with percentage discount is what’s important. The prices are pointless unless you happen to live in one of the 5 regions.
Uh, what? Why would someone care about sales that aren't available in their region?

What I'm saying is that the region selector should hide any items that aren't on sale in that region.
Uh, what? So you are saying because I don’t live in the US or any of the other regions I should only see a portion of what is on sale.

And there is nothing to stop you buying from other regions, so it is good to know what is on sale elsewhere.

It really isn’t a good look when people from the US come on here and get upset that not everything listed is on sale in the US. This is what it is like for the rest of the world most other weeks. Deal with it.

Major Nelson never lists what is on sale outside of the US. Thankfully TA do, and I for one want them to continue doing so.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
snake42069
snake42069
Posted on 21 August 19 at 14:47
SheBeatsYou said:
snake42069 said:
SheBeatsYou said:
Had my eye on Starlink for awhile. looks to me like Star Fox meets No Mans Sky, however, the DLC is a mess and has me confused if this is a F2P style game or what. Can you complete the whole game with the original game purchase? And is it split-screen coop?

much thanksies
buy the deluxe edition. its all you will need. you only need the default pilot and one of every element type and your golden.
Just checked Amazon and saw all the toy preferals like Skylanders had so it makes sense now that its a cash grab title. Thanks for the tip ill wait for a good sale be fun to play with the kids in the future.
the toys are unnecessary, since they can be bought digitally. i tried the toys, they were too clunky and heavy when you really tricked out your fighter. Also, each side of the air craft can have 2 wings, with all the bonus's. i didnt realize that until near the end of the game.
Blissed Away
Blissed Away
Posted on 21 August 19 at 15:22
Crayola Scoot is now on sale (85% off). Haven't seen this linked to any sales news.
TempleOfFive
TempleOfFive
Posted on 21 August 19 at 16:58
HolyHalfDead said:
zeldafanjtl said:
HolyHalfDead said:
zeldafanjtl said:
Why doesn't TA just exclude items that aren't on sale in the region you selected prices for?
The full list with percentage discount is what’s important. The prices are pointless unless you happen to live in one of the 5 regions.
Uh, what? Why would someone care about sales that aren't available in their region?

What I'm saying is that the region selector should hide any items that aren't on sale in that region.
Uh, what? So you are saying because I don’t live in the US or any of the other regions I should only see a portion of what is on sale.

And there is nothing to stop you buying from other regions, so it is good to know what is on sale elsewhere.

It really isn’t a good look when people from the US come on here and get upset that not everything listed is on sale in the US. This is what it is like for the rest of the world most other weeks. Deal with it.

Major Nelson never lists what is on sale outside of the US. Thankfully TA do, and I for one want them to continue doing so.
How is it a bad "look" for people from the US? The "view" button that shows up for all of the "sale" games go to the US store and some don't show any sale price. So why bother showing them if they're not on sale in whatever region you're looking at? If you want to see what's on sale in the US, then click on US, or if I wanted to see what's on sale in the UK or anywhere else, i could click on them. No point in showing them all in one list... or if you're going to, put a flag on the listing so you know when looking at it what region it's on sale in. I keep trying to buy the Overwatch sale but the link doesn't take me to "Origins edition", just the Legendary and that isn't on sale. I've been wondering why for the past 2 days. I'm not pissed or bitching about it, just wondering why it doesn't work. Would have saved me and i'm sure a lot of others some time if they would just list what region it's on sale in instead of having everyone thinking the author, or MS, screwed up.
eayragt
eayragt
Posted on 21 August 19 at 17:15
Americans can buy any of these games on sale in Europe with a Gift Card.

Therefore listing them (without prices) on the US sale is useful, otherwise you'd have to trawl through all 5 filters to find all the sales.

If you choose not to do this, fine, but removing these rows is removing useful information for Americans.

Also, this happens to non-US members all the time. We may moan that it's a US only sale, but I've never seen anyone moan about how TA presents the information.
Say everything with a smile
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 21 August 19 at 17:34
HolyHalfDead said:
zeldafanjtl said:
HolyHalfDead said:
zeldafanjtl said:

It really isn’t a good look when people from the US come on here and get upset that not everything listed is on sale in the US.This is what it is like for the rest of the world most other weeks. Deal with it.

Devils advocate here...to be fair the same can be said about any other region when the sales arent in their territories. Everyone always complains when its US only. I personally could careless who has sales and who doesnt, seems to always work itself out. Most of the good ones are always gonna be in almost all regions anyway. Also, not sure it was intended but your comment about the people in the US kinda comes off a lil shitty lol headspin cant we all just get along!toast
Matthew
OhMyGoth1
OhMyGoth1
Posted on 21 August 19 at 18:38
I don't think it's an unreasonable request that the region filtering only show sales in the region you select, but hey, that's just me.
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 21 August 19 at 19:30
Just Anthem for me. Lots of good stuff in there though
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 22 August 19 at 03:50
Step 1: Buy EU gift card.
Step 2: Change console region.
Step 3: Profit.

Yes, I actually know what step 2 is.
Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 22 August 19 at 09:52, Edited on 22 August 19 at 10:38 by HolyHalfDead
TempleOfFive said:
The "view" button that shows up for all of the "sale" games go to the US store and some don't show any sale price.
The view button goes to the New Zealand store for me. It’s the full list and the percentage discounts that I want to see each week.

romo7816 said:
Wow TA very bad and lazy list done for the sales. Why have all these blanks for games that arent on sale in the US. Really hope this is changed soon or next or I won't be using you guys for what is on sale. Ridiculous to have to look through a huge list of blank sale pricea, stop being lazy and actually take the time like you use too.
So ridiculous every week that every game is missing the ‘insert not one of the 5 region choices here’ sale price.

It is not the end of the world that 1 week in a year you have to deal with this, when it is like this every week for me and many others on the site.

zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
Devils advocate here...to be fair the same can be said about any other region when the sales arent in their territories. Everyone always complains when its US only. I personally could careless who has sales and who doesnt, seems to always work itself out. Most of the good ones are always gonna be in almost all regions anyway. Also, not sure it was intended but your comment about the people in the US kinda comes off a lil shitty lol headspin cant we all just get along!toast
My point was the sale prices listed are never for my region, but you don’t see me complaining. But I’m sorry that shitty comments like the one above provoked a shitty response. smile
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 22 August 19 at 17:14
HolyHalfDead said:
TempleOfFive said:
The "view" button that shows up for all of the "sale" games go to the US store and some don't show any sale price.
The view button goes to the New Zealand store for me. It’s the full list and the percentage discounts that I want to see each week.

romo7816 said:
Wow TA very bad and lazy list done for the sales. Why have all these blanks for games that arent on sale in the US. Really hope this is changed soon or next or I won't be using you guys for what is on sale. Ridiculous to have to look through a huge list of blank sale pricea, stop being lazy and actually take the time like you use too.
So ridiculous every week that every game is missing the ‘insert not one of the 5 region choices here’ sale price.

It is not the end of the world that 1 week in a year you have to deal with this, when it is like this every week for me and many others on the site.

zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
My point was the sale prices listed are never for my region, but you don’t see me complaining. But I’m sorry that shitty comments like the one above provoked a shitty response. smile
Hey now, i wasnt giving a shitty response lol i just said how you worded your comment came off pretty shitty/rude lol and ive seen you around obviously and you dont come off as such, geez. Also was just playing devils advocate, as i completely understand where you and others outside US region are coming from. No hard feelings brotha!toast
Matthew
eayragt
eayragt
Posted on 22 August 19 at 18:19
Holy wasn't saying your post was shitty, he was saying the previous one he quoted was.
Say everything with a smile
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 22 August 19 at 19:05
eayragt said:
Holy wasn't saying your post was shitty, he was saying the previous one he quoted was.
Yup, that makes sense. My bodies O.S. isnt working properly right now, need more caffeine!laugh
Matthew
Ow Nitram
Ow Nitram
Posted on 22 August 19 at 21:06
mfeforever said:
So it wasn't just me...I have the same issue, install/uninstall the game 5 times, change region & try to play with my XBO set to Japan. The game still saying to wait and an error message popped a minute after.
Lakeshow
Lakeshow
Posted on 23 August 19 at 02:59
Ow Nitram said:
mfeforever said:
So it wasn't just me...I have the same issue, install/uninstall the game 5 times, change region & try to play with my XBO set to Japan. The game still saying to wait and an error message popped a minute after.
Me too, have tried reinstalling multiple times and now on multiple systems. One being an insider system and the other not but both don't work. Have tried all the usual posted fixes but nothing. So strange.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.