Game Discussion: My Time at Portia Forum

Item duplication glitch.

AuthorMessage
Ostrowidzki1989
Posted on 20 August 19 at 20:40
Before people get all pissy for sharing this information, it's a single player game, therefore what others do doesn't change hurt the way you play the game if you don't want to do it.

First, you need a wooden storage box

Next, pick whatever item you want to duplicate. You'll need an empty slot in your storage box and some empty slots in your hotbar.

The item you want to duplicate must be in your inventory, not your hotbar.

Press cn_Ycn_X at the same time and if you did it right, the duplicates will appear in your hotbar. You can duplicate stacks of anything you want.

For example, I've duplicated huge stacks of bars and plates so I don't have to keep messing around with the saws and grinders... they're so slow...

I've also duplicated a couple thousand small engines to sell for a couple thousand gols. This is also a really great way to take on Portia commissions that require quite ridiculous amounts of raw materials so you can boost your workshop rank really quick and beat Higgins.

At the end of the day, it's nice to be able to actually get access to some really great crafting resources and money to actually enjoy the game to the fullest rather than having to rely on super slow grinding methods...

Since it's on game pass, I'd take advantage of this asap before the devs patch this. This glitch is all over the internet already.
Smoky Brenneth
Posted on 21 August 19 at 14:35
Ostrowidzki1989 said:
Before people get all pissy for sharing this information, it's a single player game, therefore what others do doesn't change hurt the way you play the game if you don't want to do it.
Glad we share this opinion, haha.

Thanks for the strat!!
AeriBouS
AeriBouS
Posted on 25 August 19 at 14:15
You da man thank you
I wrote here once on accident and this is what I wrote to never see the original post again.
MCFC Blue Nose
Posted on 28 August 19 at 17:34
Thanks clap
LaB1
LaB1
Posted on 01 September 19 at 17:32
I'd like to add that the initial duped item stacks share similar properties, as in if you use 5 for crafting, it takes 5 from every stack.

They also double when you transfer into a box with an overflow value of 1000, so what I found for easy duping was to dupe a full hot bar of a single item, fast transfer all 8 stacks into a chest, leaving me with 512 and then picking up the chest giving me a non glitched stack of items because it's like they dropped from the ground.

This duping probably saved me 20 or so hours off completing the game and I didn't even dupe until I had completed the harbor.

It helps a lot with building relationships with Gust/Phyllis for the achievements because you can make 1 of their favorite relationship increasing gift and then give them one each day.

Since it takes 800 relationship points per love interest it can really help speed things up. Not to mention having all of the commissions ready to go for the S ranked workshop achievement. Thanks again for sharing!
oO CRAIGE Oo
oO CRAIGE Oo
Posted on 19 September 19 at 20:05
Thank you so much!!!!!
c Fallen c
c Fallen c
Posted on 20 September 19 at 13:17
They just patched it
Ivan the Norse
Posted on 20 September 19 at 13:18, Edited on 20 September 19 at 13:39 by Ivan the Norse
The latest patch has apparently fixed this, so duplication no longer works. It would be just my luck to start playing the day before they patch out the biggest time-saving glitch.
Ivan the Norse
MCFC Blue Nose
Posted on 20 September 19 at 14:36
That sucks that they patched it, its a single player game, if people want to save time by duplicating so what, they should of just left it
oO CRAIGE Oo
oO CRAIGE Oo
Posted on 20 September 19 at 21:03
What are the chances! I played this game for well over 200 hours and didn't know about this glitch. I had the Dee Dee transporter achievement left and started a new playthrough. Luckily I got the bulk of it done last night. But what a pain in the ass
demon596
demon596
Posted on 21 September 19 at 04:40, Edited on 21 September 19 at 05:00 by demon596
Am i the only one who, after the patch that took out the item duplication glitch, no longer wanted to play the game? I was having fun having the option to dupe my ressources which bothered no one but me instead of having to spend time grinding and waiting for ressources to be farmed. Im putting this game on hold until the next dupe trick is found because honestly its taken an element of fun that i enjoyed and removed it. Again i may be the only one feeling this way but had to see if there were more.
Ivan the Norse
Posted on 21 September 19 at 18:42
You aren't the only one. The grindiness of the game is pretty frustrating, but I'm still attempting to power through it just in case it disappears from Game Pass.
Ivan the Norse
demon596
demon596
Posted on 22 September 19 at 05:38
Good point. Well im glad im not alone and perhaps i should take your point into consideration so maybe ill return to it but as a casual play. If any new tricks come up, be sure to share here so we can all have fun again :)
xPut Name Herex
Posted on 10 October 19 at 22:43
You can still do this, you have to use the sell menu of a shop instead of your storage box though.
Ivan the Norse
Posted on 11 October 19 at 20:29
xPut Name Herex said:
You can still do this, you have to use the sell menu of a shop instead of your storage box though.
You are fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing this news!
Ivan the Norse
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.