Game Discussion: Red Dead Redemption 2

What was Rockstar Thinking with the Achievments in this game?

• BegFourMercyBegFourMercy1,258,714
    Posted on 21 August 19 at 01:18
    What was Rockstar Thinking with the Achievments in this game? They are not well though out. The Gold conditions still have to be one run? Can you imagine if GTA V was like that? After so much hype, this game may be the biggest let down of all time.
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,665,109
    Posted on 21 August 19 at 01:39
    Biggest let down of all time? I'm all for people enjoying games how they want, but Jesus Christ.
    #mentallypudding The artist formerly known as alklein92201
    Posted on 21 August 19 at 03:41
    Ahayzo said:
    Biggest let down of all time? I'm all for people enjoying games how they want, but Jesus Christ.
    How is it better than 1?
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,665,109
    Posted on 21 August 19 at 04:42
    What does that have to do with what either of us said at all?
    #mentallypudding The artist formerly known as alklein92201
  • Posted on 21 August 19 at 15:35
    Are the gold conditions really that difficult? I only ask cause I haven't started this yet.

I cant remember exactly, but didn't you have to run through the gold conditions in 1 go on RDR1? or am I getting mixed up with other games?
  • LockieLockie870,353
    Posted on 21 August 19 at 16:23
    SwelterinBeaver said:
    Are the gold conditions really that difficult? I only ask cause I haven't started this yet.
    They're very difficult if you try to obtain them by replaying missions because you are given terrible weapons, no items and a crap horse. Not only that but you also have to get all the requirements in one go!

So if you plan on going for the achievement then what you want to do is save before every mission and gold the easiest ones as you go since you only need 70 gold medals out of 104 missions.

Otherwise later on you'll be breaking controllers like this guy probably is. wink
    Posting from sunny Australia.
  • Posted on 21 August 19 at 16:37
    BegFourMercy said:
    What was Rockstar Thinking with the Achievments in this game? They are not well though out. The Gold conditions still have to be one run? Can you imagine if GTA V was like that? After so much hype, this game may be the biggest let down of all time.
    Wow you must have very low expectations.
    Posted on 21 August 19 at 21:47
    JungAndReckless said:
    BegFourMercy said:
    Why would I have low expectations of Red Dead 2. The multi-player it not close to 1, the gun mechanics are a step backward. Many achievements are poorly designed. Look at the completions percentage. It should have been better than GTA V. Which is still much more popular by a long shot.

Red Dead 1 was arguably a top 10 game of all time.
    Posted on 21 August 19 at 21:50
    SwelterinBeaver said:

I cant remember exactly, but didn't you have to run through the gold conditions in 1 go on RDR1? or am I getting mixed up with other games?
    Many are based on # of kills / head shots / Accuracy. Then they have hidden timers that you have not idea when the timer starts. The timers have little padding if you are not doing a perfect run. Without the upgrades in the reply, it makes it very hard. Yes there are Gods out that that say its easy. Look at the completion percentage for a 5/5 rated game. Lets not even go to the HDR 4K is terrible.
  • Posted on 22 August 19 at 17:00
    BegFourMercy said:
    JungAndReckless said:
    BegFourMercy said:
    Why would I have low expectations of Red Dead 2. The multi-player it not close to 1, the gun mechanics are a step backward. Many achievements are poorly designed. Look at the completions percentage. It should have been better than GTA V. Which is still much more popular by a long shot.

I don't think you can compare the multiplayer between the two games accurately. Red Dead 1 had very little to do in terms of actual content in multiplayer, and consisted mainly of messing around with your buddies. Rosy retrospection hits hard, especially when red dead 1 was one of the earlier online open worlds to mess around in.
    The gun mechanics are the same as every single rockstar game. I agree that the gold medal achievement was poorly designed, but the rest are fine and perfectly achievable, and this list has fewer completions because the list is more difficult that GTA which isn't inherently a bad thing.
    Red Dead will likely never be more popular than GTA, GTA is a household name in gaming, everyone, no matter how uninformed they are, has heard of it. Regarding population, there will always be more to do in GTA because of the time period difference.
    Posted on 22 August 19 at 19:02
    JungAndReckless said:
    BegFourMercy said:
    JungAndReckless said:
    BegFourMercy said:

I don't think you can compare the multiplayer between the two games accurately. Red Dead 1 had very little to do in terms of actual content in multiplayer, and consisted mainly of messing around with your buddies. Rosy retrospection hits hard, especially when red dead 1 was one of the earlier online open worlds to mess around in.
    The gun mechanics are the same as every single rockstar game. I agree that the gold medal achievement was poorly designed, but the rest are fine and perfectly achievable, and this list has fewer completions because the list is more difficult that GTA which isn't inherently a bad thing.
    Red Dead will likely never be more popular than GTA, GTA is a household name in gaming, everyone, no matter how uninformed they are, has heard of it. Regarding population, there will always be more to do in GTA because of the time period difference.
    I have run into campaign glitches. The first was the disappearing people in Chapter 2 camp. The problem of buying day 1. Since then I started playing again this week. Last night Money Lending and Other Sins IV glitched on me. I have been very careful, doing missions as soon as they pop up. I collected the pelt, sold it, and got the brooch. I then turned them into Camps Tithing Box. No end of mission. It does not show in my task list or completed quests. So it now looks like I can not get the Lending a Hand after careful planning.

Shooting in Red Dead 1 as more like Max Pane.
  • J2B9J2B91,231,641
    Posted on 23 August 19 at 12:22
    I loved this one more than the first. Obviously 1 is still amazing but I think 2 was able to keep/respect everything from 1 and improve as well as add in more things. As JungandReckless says online for 1 didn’t have a ton to do as it was just mainly being with friends doing whatever. And as barebones as 2 online is it still allows you to do that as well as even more things that 1 didn’t have. Yes the achievements are grindy and annoying but that doesn’t have anything to do with the game itself.

You seem to be using minor nitpicks to be able to claim how trash the game is to you lol. Also that Money Lending and Other Sins IV are you sure it glitched because it might be one of those that doesn’t show up as completed or in the quest log until you do the next one.
    But even if it did glitch that achievement doesn’t matter because there’s a mission in the epilogue you can replay that’ll unlock the Lending a Hand achievement just for replaying it.
  • TenrethTenreth884,535
    Posted on 07 December 19 at 23:07
    BegFourMercy said:
    Look at the completion percentage for a 5/5 rated game
    That's why i gave it a solid 0.5. It's crap.
  • Posted on 08 December 19 at 01:52
    Tenreth said:
    BegFourMercy said:
    Look at the completion percentage for a 5/5 rated game
    That's why i gave it a solid 0.5. It's crap.
    That's why you shouldn't trust user reviews on Metacritic laugh
  • LavindatharLavindathar1,971,780
    Posted on 08 December 19 at 04:58
    Stop feeding the troll.

Game is better than 1.

You’re moaning because it’s hard to complete? Don’t complete it then. I’m working on it now, and have no doubt I’ll get it.

I’ve heard Roblox is decent, go try that?
  • LockieLockie870,353
    Posted on 08 December 19 at 13:09
    I feel like anybody who started this game in the latter half of 2019 should've been well aware of the infamous Gold Medal achievement anyway if they were intending on getting the completion.

I had no issues getting the 70 gold medals as I went along and that was way back in February. wink
    Posting from sunny Australia.
    Posted on 08 December 19 at 20:05, Edited on 08 December 19 at 20:13 by BegFourMercy
    Lavindathar said:
    Stop feeding the troll.

Game is better than 1.

You’re moaning because it’s hard to complete? Don’t complete it then. I’m working on it now, and have no doubt I’ll get it.

So, you say Red Dead 2 is so much better than 1. Yet have you have not completed the story. That is my point. Read Dead 1 is better and engages the player in all modes (Campagin and online) plus shooting.

Seems like you purposely looked at a prior post of mine after having and invalid beef about me in Gears Pop Crew. So who is trolling. Who fits the definition. If you have a different opinion, you should present without attacking or spreading falsehood.

I did not moan its hard to complete. I said, they should have used gold medal mechanics in the prior game GTA V. Quit making up stories that are only true in your mind and then present them like they are mine. You know, I am saying they should improve the game.

Your post was after you even apologized. I really do not get your problem.

Please just stop.
  • LavindatharLavindathar1,971,780
    Posted on 08 December 19 at 22:23, Edited on 08 December 19 at 23:15 by Lavindathar
    BegFourMercy said:
    Lavindathar said:
    Stop feeding the troll.

Game is better than 1.

So, you say Red Dead 2 is so much better than 1. Yet have you have not completed the story. That is my point. Read Dead 1 is better and engages the player in all modes (Campagin and online) plus shooting.

Seems like you purposely looked at a prior post of mine after having and invalid beef about me in Gears Pop Crew. So who is trolling. Who fits the definition. If you have a different opinion, you should present without attacking or spreading falsehood.

I did not moan its hard to complete. I said, they should have used gold medal mechanics in the prior game GTA V. Quit making up stories that are only true in your mind and then present them like they are mine. You know, I am saying they should improve the game.

Please just stop.
    Lmao, you won’t believe me, but I genuinely didn’t even look at the name of who posted it. I just flick through the text.

My ‘beef’ with you over gears pop is over and done with, I apologised. I thought your claims were very unprobable, but I had no proof so shouldn’t call you a liar.

My opinion on this is totally separate and has nothing to do with anything else. As I said, I don’t read forum names.

And to the actual topic. You’re complaining the gold medals are harder than 1 A’s now you have to do it in one run. That may be so, but they aren’t ‘too’ hard. I don’t think reverting it to the old method would improve the game at all.

I don’t need to have completed the campaign to say this is better. I’ve spent more time on this than 1. I’m doing medals as I go, and animals, and all the other side stuff. Could of finished the campaign 50hrs ago if I chose too.

Gameplay is better, depth is better, gunplay I prefer (this ones fairly subjective).

Gold medal mechanics (even if I preferred them on rdr1) would not make it a better game.

And that’s is what you’re original post is about. The game is the biggest let down of all time because of a minor gold medal mechanic and you don’t like the achievements. Gold medal mechanic is what it is. Achievements too. It’s still a great game. And because you call it the biggest let down of all time, It’s why I thought you were trolling. Just a coincidence I’ve called you out twice in a couple of days.

I find it ludicrous that the achievements effect how good you perceive a game to be. I find it ludicrous that achievements are what’s you base how good games are on. I find it ludicrous that you think ‘this game is the biggest let down of all time’ because of achievements. Nothing more.
  • Posted on 08 December 19 at 22:49
    Lavindathar said:
    BegFourMercy said:
    Lavindathar said:
    Stop feeding the troll.

Game is better than 1.

Please just stop.
    Lmao, you won’t believe me, but I genuinely didn’t even look at the name of who posted it. I just flick through the text.

My ‘beef’ with you over gears pop is over and done with, I apologised.

My opinion on this is totally separate and has nothing to do with anything else.

And to the actual topic. You’re complaining the gold medals are harder than 1 A’s now you have to do it in one run. That may be so, but they aren’t ‘too’ hard. I don’t think reverting it to the old method would improve the game at all.

I don’t need to have completed the campaign to say this is better. I’ve spent more time on this than 1. I’m doing medals as I go, and animals, and all the other side stuff. Could of finished the campaign 50hrs ago if I chose too.

Gameplay is better, depth is better, gunplay I prefer (this ones fairly subjective).

Gold medal mechanics (even if I preferred them on rdr1) would not make it a better game.

And that’s is what you’re original post is about. The game is the biggest let down of all time because of a minor gold medal mechanic and you don’t like the achievements. Gold medal mechanic is what it is. Achievements too. It’s still a great game. And because you call it the biggest let down of all time, It’s why I thought you were trolling.
    It kills me that his original post was solely about achievement requirements, then he said it was the biggest let down of all time, yet he insists he wasn't moaning about it. Also RD2>1.
  • KontoGRKontoGR712,419
    Posted on 23 January 20 at 08:30
    Having both games 100% completed I can say that red dead 2 is 100 times superior to the first game. Not that red dead 1 is bad, no it’s a masterpiece, but rdr 2 is just better. From the huge and amazing story to the multiplayer. And if you think that getting 70 gold medals in story mode is impossible, I’m sorry but you are just bad at the game.

Ps: I did my gold medals in replay mode
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads